Non-Rangers Winter transfer thread 22/23

Where is the guy that posted ages ago that he spoke to an agent that told him Giakoumakis and Juranovic where away in January?

Looks to be weird dealings going on with them as they both play and are getting hacked out and sort to pish teams for low amounts.
The poster also said that Porteous would sign for us. He’s looking at 2/3 once Juranovic goes. I hope he doesn’t make v it 3/3

That lot looking to replace the Greek striker with Nisbet. He will score a load of goals for them given the amount of chances they create.

We laugh at them for over estimating the value of their players but I did think they’d get a lot more than £10M combined for the Greek and Juranovic. Something weird going on there. ( I realise there’s always something weird going on there)

Might just be to do with their ages and wages. Get them off the wage bill before their value starts to drop. Would have been like us getting a good 18months out of roofe, for example, then selling him for a small profit.

IIRC did I not hear that Giakoumakis wanted to play more?
Juranovic is a weird one right enough.

I really hope they don't go for Nisbett, he's just another Scott McDonald waiting to happen IMO.

I really hope they don't go for Nisbett, he's just another Scott McDonald waiting to happen IMO.
Giakoumakis is a falling out over wages only on a rumoured £8.5k pw.

They are pushing hard to move on turnbull and Welsh this window too, lawell has them back to sell before buy.

That lot looking to replace the Greek striker with Nisbet. He will score a load of goals for them given the amount of chances they create.

The only thing I'd question would be his ability to handle not playing every game - some strikers just don't do well with that.

On paper, he should do well, but it's never guaranteed.

The article on Nisbet says their data guys will monitor him to see if he can play at the intensity required. And tbh, I don’t think he can sustain it.

Nisbet can score goals in the SPFL, of that there is no doubt (when fit)

Doesn’t move the needle for anyone when it comes to europe though.

Leaving because he was promised a new improved deal if he done well in his first season, the deal they offered him was nowhere near what was promised.

Does seem odd they’re selling a player who has scored a barrowload for them for £3m or so, surely he’s worth more than that to them for his goals alone. Juranovic going as well, they’re losing two decent players for not a lot of money and now they’ve missed out on that Cho guy with chequebook charlie saying he’s disappointed with that. Whoring out another couple players in the media also. It’s potentially looking like the return of lawwell sees the end of the out of control spending they’ve been doing and trying to recoup some money.

Does seem odd they’re selling a player who has scored a barrowload for them for £3m or so, surely he’s worth more than that to them for his goals alone. Juranovic going as well, they’re losing two decent players for not a lot of money and now they’ve missed out on that Cho guy with chequebook charlie saying he’s disappointed with that. It’s potentially looking like the return of lawwell sees the end of the out of control spending they’ve been doing and trying to recoup some money.
Age. Nearly 30 so no real resale value or interest from markets that matter

Age. Nearly 30 so no real resale value or interest from markets that matter
Juranovic is only 27 and the Greek has literally just turned 28. Kyogo is turning 28 in a few days. Starfelt is 27 also. Can’t just be age or else they’d be punting half the squad. Just think the goals the Greek scores are worth more to them than a couple of million regardless. Seems odd they wouldn’t just give him a pay bump rather than selling him off for cheap, and risking bringing in someone who doesn’t score as many.

Last edited:
He's the only one of their strikers that bothers our defence consistently really. Furuhashi is quick and can be a threat, but OF games can pass him by at times. Unlike Giakoumakis who is a constant physical threat. Obviously I don't count Maeda as a striker, as he mostly plays out wide for them.

It's a weird one they are cashing in for so very little profit. Rumours he wanted a new contract with a pay rise. Maybe tightening their belt a bit.
One of them at me work said he doesn't get on with Ange apparently not happy that Furuhashi is his favourite

Juranovic is only 27 and the Greek has literally just turned 28. Kyogo is turning 28 in a few days. Starfelt is 27 also. Can’t just be age or else they’d be punting half the squad. Just think the goals the Greek scores are worth more to them than a couple of million regardless. Seems odd they wouldn’t just give him a pay bump rather than selling him off for cheap, and risking bringing in someone who doesn’t score as many.
Only one or two of their players will likely head to that EPL market they like to sell to.

Despite their domestic success, in Europe they are a bin fire and have been for nearly 20 years or so without doing much of note. The big clubs still use that as the measuring stick really.

The Greek has had a pretty so so career to date and yeah, late 20s, he’s not in that prime age bracket for a move to a bigger league.

That the financial risk of them buying players in that bracket now.

Nisbet would do a job for us I reckon.

Across the city it's funny that they gave McCarthy a 4 year contract, mental actually.

Are the likes of Barkas and Ajeti still on the books there as well?

Offloading the Greek & Juranovic at those prices does seem odd, especially when they got rid of Jullien for £1-2m after signing him for £7m.

They looking to guarantee relegation i take it

To be honest he is more suited to a team like West Ham, the problem he has at Utd one his confidence is shot and two they play a high line and he cannot play a high line, he doesn't have the pace or the intelligence to play that. He is better sitting deep and dealing with set pieces/corners. When playing a high line he has no idea where to position himself, he doesn't read the game quick enough and he isn't quick enough in general to play that high.

Across the city it's funny that they gave McCarthy a 4 year contract, mental actually.

Offloading the Greek & Juranovic at those prices does seem odd, especially when they got rid of Jullien for £1-2m after signing him for £7m.

I can't believe they are trying to get rid of Turnbull, he was the Scottish Juan Riqueleme not long ago.

This is nothing new.

Look at Barca and Real. They still have the draw of their name but really both of them are broke and really shouldn't be allowed to sign players.

Its not going to change anytime soon. Especially when we have our league selling rights to Sky 3 years early and really under selling the game when you consider we have sold more games to them and with inflation at 10% its really a cut rather than an increase.

I was up at the Harthill Vs Boness game a couple of months back, the boy was Harthill mascot that day. This boy tore Harthill to shreds, think he got a first half hat trick and one of his goals arrowed right into the top corner, I was right behind it and was flabergasted.

I asked a few of the Boness supporters about him, and they said hes been getting looked at by senior clubs, but 1 half he can play like Ronaldo and the next half he struggles to trap a football.
Sakala..........lol!!

Actually think Depay is a pretty good player, just not Barca standard. I think Barca got him on a bosman?

I was reading that Barca were trying to swap one of their players for Brozovic. Not sure if it's another dodgy deal like the Arthur / Pjanic one.

Actually think Depay is a pretty good player, just not Barca standard. I think Barca got him on a bosman?

I was reading that Barca were trying to swap one of their players for Brozovic. Not sure if it's another dodgy deal like the Arthur / Pjanic one.
Kessie for Brozovic, IIRC.

Barkas is on loan at Utrecht think Ajeti is in Austria somewhere but technically guess tims still be paying majority of their wage.

This is nothing new.

Look at Barca and Real. They still have the draw of their name but really both of them are broke and really shouldn't be allowed to sign players.

Its not going to change anytime soon. Especially when we have our league selling rights to Sky 3 years early and really under selling the game when you consider we have sold more games to them and with inflation at 10% its really a cut rather than an increase.
I saw the Juventus guy earlier on the TV moaning about the EPL. I was thinking they should try living next door to it, sharing same broadcasters who hoover up all the money and give it to them while our game dies on its arse.

I saw the Juventus guy earlier on the TV moaning about the EPL. I was thinking they should try living next door to it, sharing same broadcasters who hoover up all the money and give it to them while our game dies on its arse.

That is exactly what it is doing.

Look at our league table tonight. Top 3 have + goal advantage the other 9 times are all minus.

Tonight we were honking again and Killie still couldn't beat us despite the best efforts of our keeper to give them the game.

Back