MOTM Poll Rangers v St Johnstone - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just back from game. Thought we played well in general. Probably better against the 11 than the 10. No point criticising them for not scoring more. It was a training exercise from the minute the first goal went in.

Thought Cantwell was excellent. Like a Duracell bunny. All over the pitch and always looking for the ball. I gave him mom although Tillman was also excellent as usual. Kamara is getting his form back and I think Alfie looked a lot sharper in the first half.

Now we've got a few players back I'm feeling optimistic moving forward. If we can get Raskin in it will be even better.

I'll never get why people say this is bad.

We tend to be in full control of most if not all of our games and dispatch teams with relative ease. Can it sometimes be boring ? Perhaps, I also want to see us put 7 past a team every time. But controlling games and winning them is good enough, right ? Especially with a team that still needs a complete overhaul in the summer.

We weren’t decimated with injuries last season when he chucked the league.

We were struggling with a few key injuries and fighting on 2 fronts, with a thin squad.

I think we'd have won the league if the Celtic, sorry, SPFL board, hadn't stepped in to delay the fixture list, when they were on their knees. We'd have won the NY game and gone on to win the league.

Morelos,hagi,helander,Jack,Roffe, that's half the starting 11
He ran Morelos into the ground while refusing to play Roofe. Brought most of this on himself with his piss poor squad management.

Delighted he’s gone and it happened far too late or we could still have had a chance this season.

I expect he would like to move on , he was good today and is a player I really like.

Not bad at least you have given Cantwell 60 minutes before you write him off as a goal threat :))
Sakala did nothing after coming on to say he deserves a place in the side, unless you think shooting when he shouldn’t have or not passing when he should have count.
FFS. For years now, at every game, everybody screamed shooooooooooooottttt because no-one ever did. Now we've a player who shoots and some people want him not to.

We were struggling with a few key injuries and fighting on 2 fronts, with a thin squad.

I think we'd have won the league if the Celtic, sorry, SPFL board, hadn't stepped in to delay the fixture list, when they were on their knees. We'd have won the NY game and gone on to win the league.
I think we would have won the league if we had a manager who knew how to manage a squad.

I'll never get why people say this is bad.

We tend to be in full control of most if not all of our games dispatch teams with relative ease. Can it sometimes be boring ? Perhaps, I also want to see us put 7 past a team every time. But controlling games and winning them is good enough, right ? Especially with a team that still needs a complete overhaul in the summer.

I don't think we need a complete overhaul, a GK or 2, a CM + reliable CF, the injured players back and we're good.
Hopefully have the CM in by Tuesday.

I don't think we need a complete overhaul, a GK or 2, a CM + reliable CF, the injured players back and we're good.
Hopefully have the CM in by Tuesday.
I don't know... We will need to start looking for replacements for several players. Tav and Goldson imo should be top of the list to start looking for other players.

Delighted with the win.Cantwell looked lively and driving us forward but once he was off,the midfield was back to the usual dreadful rubbish we are subjected to.Hopefully Raskin in soon.

Last edited:
Not the most inspiring performance, but got the points, another clean sheet, and a decent debut by Cantwell.

Looking forward to Wednesday.

I don't know... We will need to start looking for replacements for several players. Tav and Goldson imo should be top of the list to start looking for other players.

Hopefully Souttar can contribute, plus have both not got 3 more years on their contracts?

Unlucky with injuries, but I'm happy with Beale.
Unlucky he ran certain players into the ground while not using his squad? Unlucky he decided fitness wasn’t a big deal in pre season and we have then witnessed an unfit squad all season dropping like flies injured?

Unlucky or inept?

Did Beale use the phrase ‘a few red flags in that performance’, or something along those lines? I am glad he is seeing it.

Whist there have been obvious and marked improvements, I hate to say it, we just never look in complete control of games.

Gio went his first 13 unbeaten, albeit a controversial comparison, I suppose I can at least see what Beale is trying to do and patterns of play, but I still think we are in a very fragile situation, living game to game at the moment.

Unlucky he ran certain players into the ground while not using his squad? Unlucky he decided fitness wasn’t a big deal in pre season and we have then witnessed an unfit squad all season dropping like flies injured?

Unlucky or inept?

Considering the levels of fitness Gio kept as a player, it's hard to believe that he neglected the fitness aspect of the players. i think his hand was forced a bit where he had no option but to continue with the same players, resulting in burn out, and possibly injuries.

Reactions: VMS
We should be demolishing teams in games like these. They are utter shite, down to 10 men and people are happy with 2-0?
Things don't always need to be amazing or abysmal. There's a middle ground where you can say "that was boring, three points and a clean sheet is pleasing, positives to take but there's things there we need to work on".

He ran Morelos into the ground while refusing to play Roofe. Brought most of this on himself with his piss poor squad management.

Delighted he’s gone and it happened far too late or we could still have had a chance this season.
Nope morelos fcked off to the Colombian national side which carrying a problem with his thigh and returned worse from aggregating the injury fck all to do with gio,look at the starting 11 for the europa final then you will see how many injurys gio had to contend with

Considering the levels of fitness Gio kept as a player, it's hard to believe that he neglected the fitness aspect of the players. i think his hand was forced a bit where he had no option but to continue with the same players, resulting in burn out, and possibly injuries.
He had Morelos playing 90 mins while he was clearly carrying an injury for a few games on the trot while Roofe was sitting fit twiddling his thumbs and barely used Sakala.

His squad management was terrible

He had Morelos playing 90 mins while he was clearly carrying an injury for a few games on the trot while Roofe was sitting fit twiddling his thumbs and barely used Sakala.

Pretty sure Roofe was injured, but I agree re Sakala, should've used him more.

Reactions: VMS

Aye pure pish to reach the final with the players avalible terrible squad management.he performed miracles with what he had avalible

Aye pure pish to reach the final with the players avalible terrible squad management.he performed miracles with what he had avalible
He certainly didn’t perform miracles in the league.

There is a reason why he was managing and failed in China and now sitting with no job for a couple of months.

He certainly didn’t perform miracles in the league.

There is a reason why he was managing and failed in China and now sitting with no job for a couple of months.
Injuries Injuries Injuries can you not remember last season

Malmo wasn’t even close to the embarrassments we suffered under Gio including a record home defeat and the worst ever Champions League campaign.

Aye but injuries.
Haha sg could not even get us there to get pumped

Just back in so I've not read the whole matchday thread but from what I've read in this page only it's full of the usual bi-polar opinions that we always get!
;)
Todays game certainly wasn't a classic but we got a comfortable 3 points, we got our first taste of Cantwell who looks promising, Tillman was once again MOTM and the highlight for me was seeing Hagi getting game time and reminding us that he's still got magic in these feet of his...that was worth the admission money alone!

Just back in so I've not read the whole matchday thread but from what I've read in this page only it's full of the usual bi-polar opinions that we always get!
;)
Todays game certainly wasn't a classic but we got a comfortable 3 points, we got our first taste of Cantwell who looks promising, Tillman was once again MOTM and the highlight for me was seeing Hagi getting game time and reminding us that he's still got magic in these feet of his...that was worth the admission money alone!
Convinced some don’t actually watch the game.
Full of absolute zoomers.

First chance I’ve had to have a look at the match thread so I’ll give my take on the game,
Thought we played some tidy stuff at times Cantwell obviously not 100%match fit but looks promising great see Hagi making an appearance and the partnership of Goldson and Davies looking better,Clean sheet 3 points but for some reason or another left the ground at full time a bit disappointed lack of goals is concerning.

I expect he would like to move on , he was good today and is a player I really like.

Not bad at least you have given Cantwell 60 minutes before you write him off as a goal threat :))
Sakala did nothing after coming on to say he deserves a place in the side, unless you think shooting when he shouldn’t have or not passing when he should have count.
Cantwell has never scored more than 7 goals in an entire season which is evidence enough to say he isn’t a potent goal threat. That’s not necessarily a criticism of him, just an observation.

Sakala has been our best attacker under Beale, and our only forward who’s looked a threat in every game. He would have scored today as well but for an outrageous save from Matthews.

When we put Kent the other side and a shit out of form Alfie through the middle then it’s always going to lead to us scoring fewer than we should.

Tillman for me. Impressed with Davies and Goldson. Good to get minutes for Cantwell.
Midfield was pedestrian until Lundstram came on. We need a no.9 with pace, somebody who can run the channels.

Back