MOTM Poll Rangers v St Johnstone - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hard to say what to make of that.

Felt Tillman, Kent, Cantwell all linked up well and the signs are promising with them.

Morelos done well at times with link up play with the above 3 but once again his awful finishing lets him down and ultimately we need a Rangers striker to be scoring regularly, which he doesn’t.

Jack was an utter fool for reacting to that red card by immediately snapping into a challenge he didn’t need to make

The second half was an absolute borefest though and quite frankly unacceptable.

When we play against 10 men we don’t go for the throat. We sit back and arse about, the tempo drops and we become passive and it’s garbage to watch.

At times in that second half you’d think they had the man advantage knocking it about around us.

Lundstram coming on typified his season, he was utter mince and if that’s his reaction to being a sub then it’s a concern. Lazy, lost it countless times. Summed up that second half.

Their keeper kept it from being 4/5 but a lot of that performance was unacceptable.

Had that been the mentally challengeds playing against 10 today for that long in a game they’d have scored 4 at least and that’s a big difference between us and them.

We don’t have a ruthless streak and it needs addressed.

Goal in the first half, wonderful goal in the second half, ease up after the second goal, clean sheet, 3 points, Cantwell looked great, the return of Hagi, New Edimiston house officially opened.

About as well as the day could've went.

You can see in flashes that there's a great team in there waiting to emerge, but it feels like we are playing with the handbrake on. Happy with the result but it was a strange performance for sure. Onto the next game

We never looked like losing today, and got a nice flow going at times, helped probably by being back on a decent pitch and key players gaining their form or fitness.

We could have had a couple more goals but sometimes you can completely dominate a game without running up a cricket score. It happens.

Well done Rangers, much improved today and hopefully there will be more improvement to come.

That'll be the same Yahoos that needed an extra time winner to beat St.J at McDermid Park and had a 3 goal difference to our 2 at home?

I wish many on here would stop fluffing them up.

I agree with our lack of quality up front.

No, that would be the one that took FOUR off a St Johnstone side at home with 11 players in the park all game a few weeks ago. Being staunch doesn’t cover up the truth.

Wins a win but by god we are boring.
No ruthless streak whatsoever, its mind numbing at times
Yep boring and predictable not Beales fault I might add we have to many players that have played the same way so long they don't know how to change,Cantwell was a plus for me I am on my way home thinking over the first half and he was a stand out for me.

Their keeper made 3 terrific saves but Morelos finishing is abysmal at times. Should have been out of sight at HT. Anyway 3 points, more positives. Hearts away will be a test.

We can’t continue going with a forward line which carries next to no goal threat.

No harm to Kent and Cantwell, they’re both good players, but neither are ever going to be the type to score you goals.

Sakala did nothing to be dropped as well.

Was good to see the inter play between Tillman, Kent and Cantwell. Nice to see them having a free roam role.
Was also good to see the team from front to back actually closing down on opponents, not giving time on ball.
Second half , i think pressure was taken off letting them into game. As was said on commentary, sometimes its harder to play against 10 men, with some teams training that way.
All in all, 3 points, clean sheet, onto next game or watching transfer thread for updates

Shankland has scored the same as Morelos from open play in double the minutes this season.

Deadly from the penalty spot though.
Shankland doesn’t play for a team that dominates possession like we do or creates the same number of chances. Shankland isn’t the answer for us, in my opinion, and Colak is only ever going to be good enough to be a second choice Rangers striker. Morelos had enormous potential but, again in my opinion, has frittered it away. At one time I thought he was destined for one of the top European leagues but that’s gone for him.

We can’t continue going with a forward line which carries next to no goal threat.

No harm to Kent and Cantwell, they’re both good players, but neither are ever going to be the type to score you goals.

Sakala just doesn't have the composure to be a really good player. Love the guy for his enthusiasm and energy but he's not what we need

Sakala just doesn't have the composure to be a really good player. Love the guy for his enthusiasm and energy but he's not what we need
That'll be the main reason he's here to be honest, we're hoping to pick up diamonds in the ruff.
We no longer feed at the top table.

Was good to see the inter play between Tillman, Kent and Cantwell. Nice to see them having a free roam role.
Was also good to see the team from front to back actually closing down on opponents, not giving time on ball.
Second half , i think pressure was taken off letting them into game. As was said on commentary, sometimes its harder to play against 10 men, with some teams training that way.
All in all, 3 points, clean sheet, onto next game or watching transfer thread for updates
I don't get this. We were 11 against 10 and couldn't manage a decent press against them in the second half. On quite a few occasions they managed to play their way from back to front relatively easily.

There’s something bubbling under the surface
We need a couple of new faces to get there
Their keeper kept it respectable but we’re still not clinical enough

He missed it. He was too busy wiping the tears from his eyes while staring at his Gio portrait on the wall.
We again were poor,one goal in open play against 10 men if gio was in charge today he would be getting pelters

Meh. Routine win but not much else. A mobile midfielder will help stop the clear cut chances we seem to give away every game. Hopefully that's the type of player Raskin would be, if not him, someone else.

Also getting tired of Morelos. He's as good a player as I've seen with his back to goal but finishing he's nowhere near it. I can't help but think someone who can finish will make us a far better team. That said, not convinced Beale fancies Colak.

At the game mate.

One goal against 10 man St Johnstone doesn't make up for his lacklustre performances since the start of the season.
You enjoyed it though, celebrated his goal?
It’s all about the team and not individuals being made scapegoats after all
Got behind him like a supporter, well done

Thought Kamara was excellent today, hopefully a return to form.
I expect he would like to move on , he was good today and is a player I really like.

Not bad at least you have given Cantwell 60 minutes before you write him off as a goal threat :))
Sakala did nothing after coming on to say he deserves a place in the side, unless you think shooting when he shouldn’t have or not passing when he should have count.

We again were poor,one goal in open play against 10 men if gio was in charge today he would be getting pelters
No Gio never got pelters when he first came in when he was winning but we were boring and unconvincing.

A year down the line however when we were even worse then he deserved everything coming his way.

If we are struggling under Beale in a years time and he’s struggling to beat the likes of Livingstone and St Mirren then he will also rightly receive pelters.

Went with Cantwell for MOTM, best of quite a sloppy bunch, hope he keeps up that workrate moving forward.

We couldn’t burst a balloon with a pin, powder puff football against 10 men.

Sure some individuals played well, but it’s a team game.

Reactions: VMS
No Gio never got pelters when he first came in when he was winning but we were boring and unconvincing.

A year down the line however when we were even worse then he deserved everything coming his way.

If we are struggling under Beale in a years time and he’s struggling to beat the likes of Livingstone and St Mirren then he will also rightly receive pelters.
When his team was decimated with injuries you forgot that bit also add the players under performing,jury's out on our new manager atm hope he does the job as I like him but letts not dress this up we have been every bit as bad

I expect he would like to move on , he was good today and is a player I really like.

Not bad at least you have given Cantwell 60 minutes before you write him off as a goal threat :))
Sakala did nothing after coming on to say he deserves a place in the side, unless you think shooting when he shouldn’t have or not passing when he should have count.
This is him in a nutshell. He had a shot every time he got into a decent position but probably only because he lacked the composure to look up and find a player in a better position.

Thought we were awful today , looked like a team in a pre season game . Players look like they’ve never played together before . One of the least enjoyable games at Ibrox in a little bit ! There was times today were 10 man St Johnstone we’re knocking it around us and we were chasing shadows !

When his team was decimated with injuries you forgot that bit also add the players under performing,jury's out on our new manager atm hope he does the job as I like him but letts not dress this up we have been every bit as bad
Good point. Beale has been "fortunate" to have Goldson and Davies in the back four for instance.
Still lots of work to do before we are playing exciting football.

Should have been more but so comfortable apart from one or two let-offs. Those who are condemning this as another awful performance in a long line of awful displays are forgetting how truly turgid we were in the last days of Gio and at the height of the injury crisis. There's a lot of improving to do but we've made strides forward under Beale. Lack of ruthlessness to kill teams off at 2-0 is a different problem from chronically having to claw our way back into games from 0-1 down while struggling to get 3-4 shots on target per game with star players crocked or looking like ghosts, which is where we were in October and November.

Hardly a vintage performance but there are a good few positives to take away, from Cantwell to Hagi and Colak returning to Kamara and Morelos looking a bit more like their old selves and Kent continuing to improve.

We weren’t decimated with injuries last season when he chucked the league.

This is him in a nutshell. He had a shot every time he got into a decent position but probably only because he lacked the composure to look up and find a player in a better position.
shooting gives you a chance of scoring, unlike passing it around outside the box and shit crosses

Back