NEH: A Professional Opinion

I think it will be a good addition. Was good to have a place I could take my daughter into and I could still enjoy a beer. I was pleasantly surprised at beer prices as I expected it to be much worse.

Minor things to improve would be, if you’re going to interview players on stage, prime then before hand with the questions! Was awkward listening to some of the questions to Helander and Matondo. Also thought the stage should have been a bit higher, or given them stools to sit on as you couldn’t really see them unless you were at the front. (Presumably they’ll need this for bands?!).

Heard on the grapevine that Sky should be in within the month, so would be good to watch an early kick off pre match. Be interesting if they’d show a home Old Firm game?

The NEH development along with the new sports cafe/ bar in the current Rangers store will be massive in attracting supporters early to the stadium. I think people will be surprised by the interest a proper coffee shop will have. I’ve been to grounds where Starbucks etc have actual premises in similar areas and the queues to either sit in or take away a better quality warm drink is impressive. Could be a massive money spinner if done properly in house.
The bar where the shop is will be amazing if done properly.

After reading the above and in hindsight they will need something for the kids to do after the games as there were plenty in.
I believe the museum will help there. I spoke to the curator in NEH yesterday and he told me there would be interactives tailored to kids.

All very positive, I steered clear yesterday as I expected teething problems but sounds like it went off without a hitch.

The bar at the megastore is also very exciting - the board deserve credit for these improvements.

Very impressed with the Rangers store- much more of everything and a cracking size. Thought the cafe would have had more seating. The fanzone itself was impressive although I never got the bar to order a drink. Will it always be a case of showing your ticket for the game to get in or will they start charging?
I’d imagine more seating will be put in once the small museum bits n bobs are moved to their intended space.

Were they showing or do they have the capacity to show live football? I quite like the idea of hanging back after our game and catching whatever EPL game happens to be on. Has the possibility of hosting live screenings of away games been mentioned in the future?
Game midweek against Hearts ?
Its only on RTV

The place looks decent and the event space is a good one. Prices acceptable for beer.

Paper cups a bit meh but understandable.

Staff were pleasant.

It wasn't a shambles to get in. It wasn't ridiculous busy but was busy.

I look forward to seeing the rest of it, especially the museum.

Two mates have been in the shop bit. One said a slight improvement in products another said it still looked mostly like Castore stuff. :) Hopefully the range will improve all the time or ar Castore being obstructive on what can and can't be sold in terms of products? Most clubs make money by selling all sorts of branded stuff. We used to.

Anyway, it was good to get in and see a big part of the facility and was generally impressed. Plus helping Rangers generate a bit of income was good.

The transactions appear in my account as New Edmiston House LIM :)
One of Bisgrove's recent interviews did mention that the larger space would allow us to offer more of our other partners' products.

What can King Tuts hold? I honestly don’t know but it can’t be much more.
About 400 maybe?

But it's not really a comparable venue.

King Tuts is located near the city centre surrounded by other bars and restaurants whilst NEH is a taxi ride there and back.

Last edited:
One of Bisgrove's recent interviews did mention that the larger space would allow us to offer more of our other partners' products.
That's good. I still believe there are huge gaps on the products on offer compared to other clubs and hope that can be addressed as feel we are missing a trick.

People want to spend money in the shop but there has been such a limited range (apart from clothing) since castore came in.

Exactly, I don’t really see this as being a gig space, probably an over spill bar area on big euro nights but they have to call it something else. :))
Any "gig space" will live or die by its bookings. People will travel if they want to see the artists on show.

NEH will need to market and price itself to attract decent bands and shows to grow as a new venue within Glasgow.

It's not rocket science, it's the exactly the same issue any venue in the city has with regards to attracting custom.

I can see why the OP is positive to the opening of such a venue in close proximity to his establishment as it may result in a wider regeneration of the area and make it possible for him to open on other days/nights where it wasn't profitable to do so before.

No, you can't, and this is the reason I wouldn't comment on it
I have never given an opinion on any other Pubs / Clubs on how they operate their bars
I'm not being critical at all and agree that I've never seen you opine on the operation of other bars on here.

Yet, you will agree that you have started a thread about having a professional opinion on NEH and that kinda maybe leads one to assume that having an opinion on the space but not the operation is somewhat telling?

I know that there was some concern raised by a few people about the number of serving points and pumps at the bar. Good to hear from a few people that the queues and wait to get a beer yesterday weren't too bad. Ultimately, it's a space that is going to have very intense bursts of custom, it needs to be able to meet the demand when it's there otherwise we'll be literally turning money away in the few hours a week that it can be made.

Any "gig space" will live or die by its bookings. People will travel if they want to see the artists on show.

NEH will need to market and price itself to attract decent bands and shows to grow as a new venue within Glasgow.

It's not rocket science, it's the exactly the same issue any venue in the city has with regards to attracting custom.

I can see why the OP is positive to the opening of such a venue in close proximity to his establishment as it may result in a wider regeneration of the area and make it possible for him to open on other days/nights where it wasn't profitable to do so before.
If anyone looks back at my posts, I have said for years that I believe in the American way of Hospitality.
If you build all the bars and restaurants in the same vicinity, it will attract all the people
And I have always said that The Louden will be one of the main benefactors of this
I think once the Sports Bar is open it might have a detrimental impact on certain bars in the City Centre and West End as fans will be able to enjoy a matchday experience at The Stadium itself, while not having to jump on a crammed subway

I'm not being critical at all and agree that I've never seen you opine on the operation of other bars on here.

Yet, you will agree that you have started a thread about having a professional opinion on NEH and that kinda maybe leads one to assume that having an opinion on the space but not the operation is somewhat telling?
I think everyone runs their own premises in a way that suits that individual outlet
I was just saying that I think it will be a fantastic Venue for Concerts

Ive no
I've not been in yet but the product range outwith castore is alot. For example From beer mats bar runners, Swan kettles and golf balls, I'm hoping over time this all gets implemented into store along with castore range.

I was in after the game and was impressed with it.

No problem getting served even though it was busy.

I'm hoping in the coming weeks they use the big screen to show highlights of the game or the late game or something instead of adverts.

If anyone looks back at my posts, I have said for years that I believe in the American way of Hospitality.
If you build all the bars and restaurants in the same vicinity, it will attract all the people
And I have always said that The Louden will be one of the main benefactors of this
I think once the Sports Bar is open it might have a detrimental impact on certain bars in the City Centre and West End as fans will be able to enjoy a matchday experience at The Stadium itself, while not having to jump on a crammed subway
Absolutely.

This is why we have been crying out for a venue like this within the stadium area for years. Your own bar won't suffer from anything the club does as you will always have a price point advantage.

I don't have the option of having a beer before the football these days as I'm driving but going by the threads on here about your pub footfall on a game day is not an issue.

I hope that this can be the start of a greater regeneration of the area.

No one does self loathing like us. Quite incredible at times.
Was in yesterday after the game, liked the fact I left my seat and a minute later had a pint in my hand, all be it in a paper cup.

Too your point, there was arsehole teenager on his phone to his mate, conversation went like
"Aye mate left at 60 minutes, aye mate in EH now, pure shite mate £6 a pint mate, aye mate pure shite mate, getting to %^*& now mate heading to the Louden mate"

What chance you got?

Was in yesterday after the game, liked the fact I left my seat and a minute later had a pint in my hand, all be it in a paper cup.

Too your point, there was arsehole teenager on his phone to his mate, conversation went like
"Aye mate left at 60 minutes, aye mate in EH now, pure shite mate £6 a pint mate, aye mate pure shite mate, getting to %^*& now mate heading to the Louden mate"

What chance you got?
Hopefully the pricing keeps the amount of undesirables down.

Just finished my shift and thought I would share my thoughts on the NEH 'Fanzone' event space.
I had a wee quick tour of it this morning, I thought the Cafe Space was ideal for what it was intended for, shop space looked well thought out
The Event Space itself looks to me to be perfect for Concerts, with the giant TV to allow everyone to see the act.
It is going to be brilliant for people taking their kids to the football and will be a welcome place for families
The Bar operation I will not comment on as anything I do say will probably be twisted to suit certain agendas.
In the recent past, we have seen the Club upgrade Club72, Open BSL, and now open the NEH, along with the planned Sports Bar that must be nearly £15m spent on various Hospitality Venues
Well done to everyone
Top class professional insight.

Lots of space
Good for families.

Got it.

:))

What sort of crowds do some of the tribute bands play to?
Just depends.

We had a freddie mercury tribute in our club once and was aboot 70 ppl er haha

But ive also been to well attended bigger tributes. Some tribute bands can pull in big crowds.

The complete stone roses tribute in its day could sell out NEH 3 times over.

Back