Tillman and the rumoured 5m price

Would you pay the £5m to make it a permanent deal?

• Total voters
He's sensational. I've not enjoyed watching a Rangers player as much as him for a while. His vision and awareness are brilliant and his numbers are good too. Get him signed.

Saving grace on that is he isn’t performing ineurope, if he gets this level in Europe then he’s passing basseys fee
Works in our favour. Sign him for the £5m quoted as the agreed fee then after he’s played regularly in Europe we’ll make a £20m profit!

Scary to think this is his first senior year in football. What a finish that was. Some absolute weapons on here still think the 'jury is out' on him. The most important piece of business we will do is making sure he is our player in the summer.

The jury is out on him, do you play him up top or the middle of the park!

Seriously though, he is getting better, he has the foresight to see the pass before anyone else. He also works hard for the team. Maybe tired a bit tonight but he is still young and we have players to replace him.

I really worry that he’s going to go right to the Premiership instead of coming back to us. If he carries on the way he’s going he’ll be worth 10-15m already and will get much better wages somewhere else.

Good for Bayern as they’ll get more than the pre agreed fee they have with us.

It would be like buying a £20 note with a fiver
We'll buy him but I think if he keeps up his Beale form, Bayern might buy him right back to sell.

His improvement under Beale will not have gone unnoticed.

Even if they don't sign him right back, I doubt we have Tillman more than a couple of years.

Pay the fee tomorrow and get him signed permanently.

The boy is fucking brilliant and is going to be a star.

Touch of an angel, scores goals, sets them up, covers the whole of the park and nicks more balls than a bic razor.

If it was £10m he'd be worth every penny but at £5m it's a steal.
Class act

Never fall in love with a loan player.. sorry too late I love the man. Get him signed

A genuine talent, genuinely forget just how young he is at times. Already plays like a seasoned pro. If he keeps fulfilling his potential he can go to the very top (so long as part of that rise to the top lands us a nice wee earner)

We have an option to buy. Obviously the player needs to agree to it but there's not much Bayern can do if we meet the agreed fee.

He's 20 years old, we have to keep bearing that in mind. Very exciting talent.
Thought Bayern can still get him with their buy back option!

The best thing for the player is to sign with us - develop under Beale and be an integral part of the team.

Huge credit to Wilson for the original deal.

Mate, you can’t sign anyone outside of the transfer window. He’s going nowhere, deal is done
You can sign anyone at anytime. You just can’t register to play the outwith the windows. He’s not requiring to ge registered again so we could sign him tomorrow.

We have an agreement in place
Thanks for that captain obvious, wouldn't be beyond the realms of science fiction for Bayern not to let him go or simply not to agree with how we structure the deal etc then sell him on to another, higher bidder.

I presume that the relatively conservative spending this window has something to do with the €5m or so we’re paying for him.

We may have a deal in place with Bayern in terms of a fee but what, if example, Union Berlin or Marseille or Atalanta etc offer him twice what we could and a much better level of football?

Hopefully we can persuade him the next 2 or 3 years of his development could be spent with us.

But why would we pay anyone 6 months and a financial year before you have to?

You never said that though, you said he cant sign. Im sure if you finalised the deal now the payment structure wouldnt change that much. Could also help the player knowing that he is a Rangers player and he is here for the foreseeable if he wants it.

We have an agreement in place
I’ve always thought this.
We get to buy him for £5m after his loan period but, if we choose to sell, Bayern get first option to buy him back for £10m
So, if true, my guess would be that, if Tillman continues to improve, the most well get for him is £10m because Bayern will buy him back, sell him on and keep the profit if more than £10m.

Gio wasn’t managing the boy right at all. MB is clearly getting the best out of him and it’s really starting to show. Like he says the boys only 20 and there is loads more to come. Rangers would be silly not to cash in and sign him on a 5 year contract. Pay the money rangers let’s go

Why should we?

If the details are already set out then why pay out money sooner than we have to?

Procrastinating over it would be foolish. No need for it.

You rest on that luxury then an EPL team takes a punt on him and offers wages that puts us out of the picture.

Then he doesn't want to stay.

Make the deal now.

Back