Richard Foster - sportscene.

BBC doing what they always do. You look under the videos on the website and the caption of this incident is Fosters naff Tyson Fury comparison, yet for the Hibs sending off its ‘was it the right decision’?

I’m mystified how Cantwell is becoming the villain here for taking an elbow?!
This! Think we can say it is a fairly harsh booking however a player on a yellow lifting an arm like that is taking a risk and by the letter of the law he’s probably crossed the line and had to go. However Cantwell still took an arm to the face and his reaction was pretty much what any player would do in the circumstances.

Call out the booking as harsh if you must but to demonise Cantwell is the usual hate filled agenda ridden pish we’ve come to expect from BBC Scotland.

1. Foster has always had a chip on his shoulder when it comes to us - ironic give the money he stole for doing nothing

2. - clearly catches Todd on jaw - he didn't overexaggerate, he simply fell
I don't have a huge issue with the second card because he did catch him high with it so probably merited although but Cantwell clearly exaggerated the impact and had no need to cover his face and lie on the turf. Blatant cheating and by our own player.

Richard is pretty fair towards us most of the time and definitely one of the better pundits.
I have no problem with him calling out Cantwell for basically cheating to exaggerate a challenge. I hate seeing if from anyone even if it is our own players.
Caught him in the side of the chest then neck yet held his face. It was pathetic from a Rangers player.
What they must do though is be consistent and call out other players as well because there are loads who do it week on week. We definitely have fewer cheats than the other teams but it is there and should be stopped.

Hi Richard

Richard is pretty fair towards us most of the time and definitely one of the better pundits.
I have no problem with him calling out Cantwell for basically cheating to exaggerate a challenge. I hate seeing if from anyone even if it is our own players.
Caught him in the side of the chest then neck yet held his face. It was pathetic from a Rangers player.
What they must do though is be consistent and call out other players as well because there are loads who do it week on week. We definitely have fewer cheats than the other teams but it is there and should be stopped.
If Cantwell made a meal of it, Carter Vickers made an all you can eat buffet out of his incident at the Piggery. We need to fight fire with fire.

I don't mind Cantwell doing it as I feel as a club we need to become more streetwise. But let's be honest it was a harsh sending off.

If Cantwell made a meal of it, Carter Vickers made an all you can eat buffet out of his incident at the Piggery. We need to fight fire with fire.
I totally agree with this. They have had way more players cheating than the other teams but get lighter treatment from the media.
The worst in recent times has been the Japanese striker.

I don't have a huge issue with the second card because he did catch him high with it so probably merited although but Cantwell clearly exaggerated the impact and had no need to cover his face and lie on the turf. Blatant cheating and by our own player.

he held his face after taking a dunt to the jaw
100% entitled to go down and hold it

would only be cheating if he wasn't hit or had only been hit in the chest a la Fernandes

if he doesn't go down, the ref probably misses another assault on one of our players and that would be the cheating part

he held his face after taking a dunt to the jaw
100% entitled to go down and hold it

would only be cheating if he wasn't hit or had only been hit in the chest a la Fernandes

if he doesn't go down, the ref probably misses another assault on one of our players and that would be the cheating part
I don't like seeing it at all but do understand why the players do this because refs will miss otherwise punishable incidents.
I liked the Gordon Smiith proposal about retrospective bookings for cheating but that got hit on the head.

So, just ignore the rules of the game where an opponent can't lift arms to face. Ok Richard, time for your bed with a wee cuddly dinosaur that matches your pyjamas.

I don't like seeing it at all but do understand why the players do this because refs will miss otherwise punishable incidents.
I liked the Gordon Smiith proposal about retrospective bookings for cheating but that got hit on the head.

who would judge that
the Fernandes example was clear cut, he recieved no contact with the head and should've been retrospectively/VAR punished

but who apart from the player struck can assertain how severe it was, whether it merited going to ground etc

Who cheated? It's the movement from his arm after his elbow hit him as well when he raked it down his face.

Cheated is a strong word, not sure I'd go that far but it's fair to say Cantwell exaggerated the impact and got the player sent off. I'm okay with it because for too long we have not been clever enough. That said if was Jack on Kyogo for example I'd be fuming.

Are you for real?

That is up to you but we should all have standards and not lower ourselves to the level of the rest.
You do live in Scotland, right?
You know as well as the rest of us, that cheating by ra Selik goes unchallenged. So, nothing to see here imo. If the media don't comment on blatant cheating by the bheasts (looking at you Abada), then we have nothing to reproach ourselves about.

who would judge that
the Fernandes example was clear cut, he recieved no contact with the head and should've been retrospectively/VAR punished

but who apart from the player struck can assertain how severe it was, whether it merited going to ground etc
That is the problem I suppose. The refs or ex players don't always agree with clear penalty calls at times so tough to judge other incidents.
Regarding a hit to the head, I am sure most fairly fit people would only fall to the ground if a head knock knocked them out or close to this outwith football yet players drop with minimal contact.

First of all let's get the important stuff out the way. Grade A bellend and how the %^*& does Amy McDonald wake up alongside that hipster prick.

Embarrassing by him. We must be the only club where it's acceptable to elbow players in the face.

As a paid employee of Motherwell,. Wtf is he doing giving punditry on other clubs
So the Head of Coaching (guffaw) at Motherwell gets BBC airtime - and no doubt a wee appearance fee - to bump his gums and accuse one of our players of cheating?

Standard.

Are you blind? The pic clearly shows arm to jaw.

Are you blind? The pic clearly shows arm to jaw.
Watch the clip a few posts back. It firstly hits his upper chest then the neck/jaw area with minimal force.
I think is is probably enough, albeit soft, for a second yellow but Cantwell definitely made the most of it and I hate seeing this from our players. I know most have a different opinion and that is fine.
Fifa had a chance at the World Cup many years ago to hammer Rivaldo (I think it was him) who had a ball hit at his body then proceeded to hold his face and fall to the ground. They basically let him off and the players have been doing it even more since.
I do hope Foster keeps to his word and goes after anyone that does it from now on.

Strange in all the VAR decisions and accusations no one has questioned the celtic diver abada at the non penalty incident. Referee too quick to point to the spot while not having a decent view was bad but the kid on kick at the ground and five by celtic player merited a yellow card. Not for the first time this season has this cheat thrown himself to the ground looking for a penalty. The dark art of cheating is changing weekly. Used to be they had players like Larsson leaving a trailing leg kicking the defender and getting. penalties regularly. Now this chest has devised this technique of kicking the ground and falling. Why no criticism of this from our intrepid journalists . An out and out cheat

Away and take your face for a shite.

If that is Morelos doing the same thing Foster would be screaming that it was a certain red.

He is also trying to make out that the first yellow was an actual attempt at the ball. Was a straight red every day of the week

Watch the clip a few posts back. It firstly hits his upper chest then the neck/jaw area with minimal force.
I think is is probably enough, albeit soft, for a second yellow but Cantwell definitely made the most of it and I hate seeing this from our players. I know most have a different opinion and that is fine.
Fifa had a chance at the World Cup many years ago to hammer Rivaldo (I think it was him) who had a ball hit at his body then proceeded to hold his face and fall to the ground. They basically let him off and the players have been doing it even more since.
I do hope Foster keeps to his word and goes after anyone that does it from now on.
You can see it hitting his jaw, but fail to mention his jaw on your first post, Rivaldo getting hit on the leg and holding his face, is irrelevant to Cantwell incident.

Every player cheats in every game. Whether it’s claiming for a corner, stealing yards at a throwin or blocking someone off at a corner. The difference is nobody cares about it until it’s a rangers player

You can see it hitting his jaw, but fail to mention his jaw on your first post, Rivaldo getting hit on the leg and holding his face, is irrelevant to Cantwell incident.
I did by mistake.
Rivaldo is a similar incident although worse.

Every player cheats in every game. Whether it’s claiming for a corner, stealing yards at a throwin or blocking someone off at a corner. The difference is nobody cares about it until it’s a rangers player
I agree and I hate it and have done for years.
I would hope our players would be above this but probably never happen.
The players diving or feigning injury is, in my opinion, as bad a athletes taking drugs in an attempt to influence their results. The difference that is taken seriously whereas in football it is seen as part of the game. Walker saying if a player is touched or contact made then they are 'entitled to go down. That is part of the problem and probably would need all incidents called out each week.
Goodwin got hammered for telling the truth which was madness.

As always, only an issue because it's a Rangers player. This is a total nothing event if it's any other team involved.

One of the major differences we see with these pundits is the language they are willing to use when it comes to a Rangers player compared to other teams. McCann with his repeated 'idiot' remark about Morelos, this arsehole with his repeated 'embarrassment' remark — you can guarantee either they'd say nothing or would be much more mild in their tone with anyone else.

Ironic in a way he is now paid to coach players at Fir Park. The setting for Foster giving the worst performance I’ve ever seen from a Rangers player in the second half of the play off final. It was A performance of a coward and a charlatan. An absolute disgrace

He definitely did swing back with a high arm with the intention of striking Cantwell, on the coupon or his shoulder to gain an advantage. He knew exactly what he was doing. Not sure why Foster has a complaint

On what way is the Rivaldo incident similar? :))
Both held their face but Rivaldo's one was miles worse though I admit that :)
i disagreed with you but could see your point up until this nonsense
cantwell was struck in the face area and in no way is it similar to Rivaldo
He was hit slightly in the neck/jaw but no need to grab his face and drop to the ground, at least in my view but I was more meaning that FIFA had a chance to clamp down on players exaggerating but crapped it. Probably don't want to upset the South American teams whose players seem to take this to a new level.

Not half as embarrassing as the fu*king state of you Richard. You at a complete bellend and a nationalist to boot. The Fannie’s Fanny.

Ref got it correct, it was a second yellow.

Not really sure what the issue is
If, as little dickie says, Nick Walsh thought it was a really hard elbow to the head it's a straight red. It wasn't. It was a 2nd yellow. Only in Anti-Rangers Scotland would that become an issue.

Both held their face but Rivaldo's one was miles worse though I admit that :)

He was hit slightly in the neck/jaw but no need to grab his face and drop to the ground, at least in my view but I was more meaning that FIFA had a chance to clamp down on players exaggerating but crapped it. Probably don't want to upset the South American teams whose players seem to take this to a new level.

You keep pushing this neck theory like it was a blow aimed from the grassy knoll
he was caught on the jaw, part of his face so no issues with him holding that

& you have no idea how forceful it was

bottom line is that the player did enough for a 2nd yellow before this and that was 100% a yellow card offence

equating it to player being hit in the leg with a ball and collapsing holding his face is doing you no favours

Back