Richard Foster - sportscene.

A serious question then you add your second line.

I'll answer anyway.
I know he is a Nationalist and that doesn't bother me. Some of my best mates are as well and on occasion when out for some beers it can get a bit heated so we try to avoid politics. Gave one it tight this weekend at the pub though and he had to agree after the week they have had :)
I never listened to the game you mention so can't comment on that but over the piece I find Foster pretty fair towards us.
He probably went a bit over the top with his choice of words in the Cantwell critisizm but I agree with the point he was making in that I thought he over reacted a bit.

Fair enough, but having Nationalist mates!! :oops:
F.uck that.;)B-D

A serious question then you add your second line.

I'll answer anyway.
I know he is a Nationalist and that doesn't bother me. Some of my best mates are as well and on occasion when out for some beers it can get a bit heated so we try to avoid politics. Gave one it tight this weekend at the pub though and he had to agree after the week they have had :)
I never listened to the game you mention so can't comment on that but over the piece I find Foster pretty fair towards us.
He probably went a bit over the top with his choice of words in the Cantwell critisizm but I agree with the point he was making in that I thought he over reacted a bit.
He went over the top? You called Cantwell pathetic and a cheat.

Fair enough, but having Nationalist mates!! :oops:
F.uck that.;)B-D
Been mates with them since I was a kid and 54 now so it would take more than that to ditch them :)
I think they were mainly anti-Tory and got caught up in the Westminster bad theme the Nationalists have been running with since about 2010

Usual suspects posting hatred of Amy MacDonald that is nothing to do with anything she's said or done.

You can't help yourselves.

Let's spend time attacking one of our own cause that really helps.

Maybe I went a bit over the top in my own critisizm of Cantwell but, in my opinion, he did cheat to make sure the referee took action and cheating is pathetic but sadly all too common from most players.
Maybe? You still cannot back down properly from these pathetic comments.

Why not give us all a laugh and post some links to your previous posts where you have criticised players for cheating.

Trying too hard here is Foster.

Compare the language used when he’s talking about the Celtic game and the Celtic player making the most of minimal contact - brushes over very quickly. He’s terrified of them.

Compare with McFadden who felt the Motherwell player ran the risk of a yellow throwing his arm around. A more professional pundit.

First of all let's get the important stuff out the way. Grade A bellend and how the %^*& does Amy McDonald wake up alongside that hipster prick.

Embarrassing by him. We must be the only club where it's acceptable to elbow players in the face.

As a paid employee of Motherwell,. Wtf is he doing giving punditry on other clubs
Was going to post the same thing, Sportscene is a joke, him and Stephen Thompson and probably everyone that goes on that show. If Craggy island did a football show it'd be higher quality.

How does he have the balls to comment on someone like Cantwell. That's embarrassing!

Maybe? You still cannot back down properly from these pathetic comments.

Why not give us all a laugh and post some links to your previous posts where you have criticised players for cheating.
I am not going to back down because I don't think he needed to elaborate the foul the way he did.
We have much less of it than other teams but it is rife in football these days.

I am not going to back down because I don't think he needed to elaborate the foul the way he did.
We have much less of it than other teams but it is rife in football these days.
So rife that you are not able to show a post from previous threads where you have felt the need to make such a complaint.

Ha ha what a lot of shite this is. So now Cantwell was “elbowed in the face” was he? Apparently only a few of us think it’s unacceptable for a Rangers player to indulge in mentally challengedesque behavior to get a player sent off. GTF!
For the record: the wee c_unt threw his arm up and caught him on the neck. It was a yellow all day, and since he already had been booked he was fairly sent off. There was no need for Cantwell to melodramatically clutch his face as he went down, as if he just had his fkin nose broke. Here’s what I foresee. Wee Nick Walsh, who had a good old firm game last time, will have had Cantwell’s melodramatics pointed out to him and will now have his card marked in future games (including against the scum) and will be watching him. Hopefully MB told him to get this type of behavior to fk!

Misleading from BBC as always. Should say led to the Motherwell player being shown a second yellow card. Their tweet makes it read like a straight red.

It was a nailed on yellow card, Slattery knew exactly what he was doing and caught Cantwell on the chin with his elbow.

The crazy thing is that the rules say that you don’t even need to even make contact for it to be a yellow you just have to be swinging your elbows/arms around in a dangerous manner. Nailed on yellow card.

Foster is as good a pundit as he was a player... Utter dugmeat and he deserves every single pelter he gets.

Morelos has received identical yellow cards for arms connecting with the face just like that and players went down like a pantomime and he was the one who was vilified.

Is there something wrong with you in the head? How can you say he was caught in the jaw area but not the jaw? Why can't you say the jaw is part of the face?

It's right there in the video. Even the still image shows, as clear as a bell, the elbow to the jaw. Is there something wrong with your eyes? Does your face even have eyes since it doesn't have a jaw apparently?

I think that if I got elbowed in the jaw, which is part of my face, in the fraction of a second that it happened, my natural reaction would be to put my hands to my face.
Monobrow affecting his eyesight?

Players do exaggerate …because refs consistently reward it. I’ve no problem with it being called out as it’s a scourge of our game. That said, I don’t recall the serial cheat Kyogo ever being called an embarrassment on Sportscene despite numerous reasons to do so. Does anyone else?

First of all let's get the important stuff out the way. Grade A bellend and how the %^*& does Amy McDonald wake up alongside that hipster prick.

Embarrassing by him. We must be the only club where it's acceptable to elbow players in the face.

As a paid employee of Motherwell,. Wtf is he doing giving punditry on other clubs
Yet he still got a ticket for the Europa League final from the club.

Another farce, one of the worst players I have ever seen in a Rangers jersey

Time for this spineless board to ban them again…. No laughing at the back…

I heard Kenny Miller say similar on Clyde last night, that the yellow was ‘soft’.

Name me any other league in the world where that action, high elbow, is not at least a yellow card.

Some leagues, it’s a straight red!

It’s a yellow card, 100%! He swings his elbow back, it’s not meant but it’s a yellow card all day long.

I heard Kenny Miller say similar on Clyde last night, that the yellow was ‘soft’.

Name me any other league in the world where that action, high elbow, is not at least a yellow card.

Some leagues, it’s a straight red!

It’s a yellow card, 100%! He swings his elbow back, it’s not meant but it’s a yellow card all day long.
Gazza got a red card for exactly the same thing from Rowbottom at the piggery in 97

Watch the clip a few posts back. It firstly hits his upper chest then the neck/jaw area with minimal force.
I think is is probably enough, albeit soft, for a second yellow but Cantwell definitely made the most of it and I hate seeing this from our players. I know most have a different opinion and that is fine.
Fifa had a chance at the World Cup many years ago to hammer Rivaldo (I think it was him) who had a ball hit at his body then proceeded to hold his face and fall to the ground. They basically let him off and the players have been doing it even more since.
I do hope Foster keeps to his word and goes after anyone that does it from now on.
We will see, consistency is not Sportscene’s strong point on giving a fair and balanced view

Maybe I went a bit over the top in my own critisizm of Cantwell but, in my opinion, he did cheat to make sure the referee took action and cheating is pathetic but sadly all too common from most players.
Cantwell did no more or less than 99% of players do in similar situations and the thrown arm was typical of a filth minded players approach to playing Rangers
Yes he played on it but to call him a cheat is absurd and quite frankly until the usual suspects are called out i for one welcome our game awareness
It was no coincidence that we were very game smart in all aspects during 55 be it gaining fouls to close out tight games or winning free kicks
Was only a matter of time before a Motherwell player was sent off

Pretty rotten buddy.

It's a yellow card all day long. Cantwell does go down "theatrically" but that is now part of the culture of the game.

Players use it to their advantage all the time, regardless of what strip they wear.

Of all our former players, he’s right up there at the top of the list alongside Black, Barton & O’Halloran of those I don’t like. He was an awful player and is a poor pundit.

I thought Cantwell overreacted but it was still a yellow card offence. My main concern about that edition of sportscene was the failure to show or discuss the best goal of the game in their after match discussion. I assume this is down to their production team.

Rangers should be asking the SFA, why a Motherwell employee, was allowed to make disparaging remarks, about one of our players, on national television. If that's not bringing the game into disrepute, then what is. ?
If anyone had given his take on the incident, in a touchline interview, after the game, he would be hauled up for it.

There's only one person who should be embarrassed Richard Foster.
It was a cynical foul from one of the Premierships dirtiest players.He deserved his card.

Absolutely correct
I'm not mistaken CS is statistically the most carded player in the SPL

There's no need for CS to throw his arm back at any point
he's not running at any great speed - so the action isn't part of the more natural movement in sync with legs & arms you get when running -
even then I've never seen anyone move their arms back at 90 degrees from their torso no matter how odd their running gait might be
He doesn't need to use either arm for balance because he's not jumping

The only reason for throwing his arm back is to ward off approaching players
I know CS isn't the only one that does this - but if anyone does it & contact is made then a foul has been committed

As for Cantwell's reaction
If you're running up to an opponent & you're even slightly slapped on your head, neck, throat, chin, cheek, jaw, lip or ear - then it's hardly surprising the reaction at the very least stops you in your tracks
Maybe the blow wasn't sufficiently hard to deck him - but during the movement of running & tackling - who can tell what an impediment of this type does to your balance? & falling over is surely not that surprising ?

Where it gets messy IMO is when TC stays on the ground & clutches his face - but if he'd got to his feet fairly quickly & rubbed his jaw - the crime is still the same & the ref's decision shoudn't be any different

It would just mean Foster would have nothing to say ( that would be a bonus of course)
But we shouldn't be in any way concerned with what he's got to say in the first place - it's those responsible for giving fannys like this air time that are most at fault IMO

If you can't beat them join them, opponents constantly cheating against us every game so eff them.

Been mates with them since I was a kid and 54 now so it would take more than that to ditch them :)
I think they were mainly anti-Tory and got caught up in the Westminster bad theme the Nationalists have been running with since about 2010

Away and grow a fuukin backbone.

You're a fuukin cheat, so do wan.

And you ain't the only fraud I've said that to in my time on here.

Richard ( l want Aberdeen to win every time against Rangers ) Foster can go and take a right good fcuk to himself. A irrelevant twat that in any other time in our history wouldn't have got anywhere near a Rangers jersey. Prick.

What’s this dobber on about, Cantwell took a forearm smash to the face from a player already on a yellow, why is this even being discussed?

Back