A new Rangers bar opened up in Paisley (Inn on the corner)

Was good for me tbh but decided to open a different business. More sociable hours and better way of life.
I agree with running a pub plays havoc with your home life but since we got Copland Road and gave up the other four pubs means me and Alice work together
Although we aren't opened a lot of days, we have a six-day week to make sure the pub is stocked, cleaned and ready to open

Nope. It was a Rangers pub
I thought it was confirmed on here earlier in the thread they advertised to St Mirren fans too as ‘wanted to keep open to a wider target audience’. Thats not a lot of folks idea of a 100% Rangers pub. Shame it never worked out anyway, can‘t be an easy time to get a new place up & running in this climate.

I thought it was confirmed on here earlier in the thread they advertised to St Mirren fans too as ‘wanted to keep open to a wider target audience’. Thats not a lot of folks idea of a 100% Rangers pub. Shame it never worked out anyway, can‘t be an easy time to get a new place up & running in this climate.
It was established it was not and never was a St Mirren pub. Whoever told you otherwise was wrong.

It was known before as a Tim pub with Tea Gardens being the Rangers pub

It was established it was not and never was a St Mirren pub. Whoever told you otherwise was wrong.

It was known before as a Tim pub with Tea Gardens being the Rangers pub
The pub literally took out an ad at St Mirren Park covered by previous post earlier in this.
That’s in no way a criticism or a suggestion less of a shame never worked out, just confusion about this 100% a Rangers pub talk.

There was trouble after Old Firm game. mentally challengeds from The Wellington tried to get into pub. Usual mentally challenged nonsense. Wee boys got chased up the street and doors of Inn were shut. mentally challengeds came back down and battered a couple of old men one was 64 ffs. Police were there in minutes and shut off Causeyside street

Was hoping he’d keep it open to give it a chance but he’s decided to close as it wasn’t making the money outside matchday and probably not worth the hassle

Never got the chance to head in - sad to hear.

Local crash barriers will chalk this up as a win unfortunately.

The pub literally took out an ad at St Mirren Park covered by previous post earlier in this.
That’s in no way a criticism or a suggestion less of a shame never worked out, just confusion about this 100% a Rangers pub talk.
He knows a St Mirren Director and that will be purely a business decision. A bit like septic using Parks of Hamilton.

Remember Zhivago's in Ingram street was well popular with Rangers fans and some Rangers players
And one of players brother worked behind bar
The bouncer was a good Gers fan use to see him at Ibrox

the girls serving were hot

He knows a St Mirren Director and that will be purely a business decision. A bit like septic using Parks of Hamilton.
Of course, no other reason to invest money advertising & that’s fine, needs must if taking a broad approach.
It’s an obvious fit in same town but completely contradicted claims by posters on here that it was a 100% Rangers pub. That was my point and again, sorry to hear closing as any Bear friendly pub is one less slophouse.

When I try to explain that having a pub that shows Rangers games is not a 'real' Rangers pub, people have a go at me. But I have always believed if you have any chance of making it work, you need to give it 100% and make it a proper Rangers Theme pub
I hear the argument that you are ignoring potentially half your customer
base, but I have never believed that most fans of other teams would even use a pub that is known as a Rangers pub.
It is not easy running any pub never mind when you are aiming for a certain section of society
I have been asked a lot of times if I would open a Rangers Theme pub in Glasgow City Centre and I have always said that most Rangers supporters would not use it, one even said on FF here that he would rather take his wife to the Auctioneers rather than a Rangers Pub
And there lies the problem, go to Merchant City and their pubs are overflowing and that's why in my opinion we will never have a decent size Rangers pub in the city.
If the authorities don't get a grip of these power bills, we might not have many pubs left open in the Country
Feel sorry for the guy that had to close, but he won't be the last
Robert the problem is their obsession to be loved by one another. We can see the bigger picture.

It was 100%. He was playing tunes in there that many ‘Rangers Pubs’ wouldn’t play.

As somebody said above his other pub is one of the most established pubs this end of the town. I’m thinking he might have lost some custom from there due to it being well known he was also running a Rangers pub. Probably the right decision by him to close it down and not take the gamble

There’s an opening for you Robert …….
The Croft bar was well supported. Was surprised to see it close when it did.

It was advertised on the billboard at the stadium. (StMirren)

Don't know the pub in question in actual fact don't know Paisley very well, but it sounds like IRA central, a pub open with Rangers fans frequenting it and its attacked by the paedos within weeks and is now closed down. Paisley doesn't sound like my cup of tea.
Did the Filth not receive any reprisals for their attack on Bears?

The Croft bar was well supported. Was surprised to see it close when it did.

Don't know the pub in question in actual fact don't know Paisley very well, but it sounds like IRA central, a pub open with Rangers fans frequenting it and its attacked by the paedos within weeks and is now closed down. Paisley doesn't sound like my cup of tea.
Pub in question was previously one of their slop houses.

Is, Paisley IRA central? NO

Shouldnt comment on what you don’t know then.

That's a shame. I'm not in Paisley but I was in a couple of times and it was a good pub. I'd intended popping in on occasion over the season.

I'm disappointed at this pub's closure as I was hoping to make it my local. I'm the big guy who was sitting at the bar drinking Newcastle Browns on a couple of Friday nights recently. I remember some great conversations one time, we were reminiscing about the legendary Tea Gardens regular Gordon (RIP) and, the next Friday, I was talking to a guy who knew me as the person who drinks Fustenbergs at Whisky Joe's! I hope to see you guys again somewhere and best wishes to the pub owner. I hope he reconsiders.

I'm disappointed at this pub's closure as I was hoping to make it my local. I'm the big guy who was sitting at the bar drinking Newcastle Browns on a couple of Friday nights recently. I remember some great conversations one time, we were reminiscing about the legendary Tea Gardens regular Gordon (RIP) and, the next Friday, I was talking to a guy who knew me as the person who drinks Fustenbergs at Whisky Joe's! I hope to see you guys again somewhere and best wishes to the pub owner. I hope he reconsiders.
I’m hoping somebody opens it and we just get back in there

Sorry to restart an old thread but moving to Paisley next week.

So what are the Rangers pubs and also decent boozers for a pint on the walk home from the train after work (gilmour street)

So what are the Rangers pubs and also decent boozers for a pint on the walk home from the train after work (gilmour street)

The Northern way is a cracking pub just near the station.

Most pubs in the town are decent to be fair.

The Old Swann is also near the station and excellent if you like live music.

I think we can all agree. You don't know Paisley very well.

I was a good mate of wee Gordy’s. We used to go to the cricket each year together.

Despite having a large Rangers support i dont recall Paisley ever had that many out and out Rangers pubs.
Kennedys was definitely one, the Croft while it lasted.
I used to go to Harvies, Abercorn, Tudor and I dont think they had any aĺlegiance other than passive 'support' for StMirren.
The Abercorn was full of Ganja Derry

Rangers pub - Tea Garden

Other pubs - The Bull (St Mirren pub but not overly in your face and show the football), wee hawf and Gantry are fine for a pint or 2.

Barga is okay for a pint and food too.

Kennedys on a Saturday night for karaoke if thats what your into too.

Depends tho mate, there's loads that would drink in the last post (weatherspoons) and really enjoy it.

Rangers pub - Tea Garden

Other pubs - The Bull (St Mirren pub but not overly in your face and show the football), wee hawf and Gantry are fine for a pint or 2.

Barga is okay for a pint and food too.

Kennedys on a Saturday night for karaoke if thats what your into too.

Depends tho mate, there's loads that would drink in the last post (weatherspoons) and really enjoy it.
Walked past Hashtag yesterday and saw a sign in the window saying that they operate a “Smart dress code” and absolutely no football colours allowed unless it’s St Mirren or Scotland. :D

You’ve never set foot in UK have you.
The way you are going on it sounds like you are 12 years old and been living in downtown Chicago and have found someone’s FF login details and you’re wanting to mess with the big boys using big boy language.
As you are new to FF I’ll give you a tip, never (indeed ever) criticise cats in any way, not even if you are “clearly” joking and you assume everyone else will get the fact that it was just a joke, just don’t do it.

Paisley is indeed a shithole, the amount of junkies in it is up there with the EastEnd!!!

Back