This could be a premier league stadium next year

Hopefully Dundee make a c*nt of it.
For selfish reasons I like having a local game and with Dundee United potentially going down, Dundee is the obvious replacement.

I was hoping Arbroath got promoted last year due to being local and favouring the grass pitch over Killie’s. Sadly they are nowhere near even the play offs this season.

It’s not. The guy said you need one stadium for the whole season, which you don’t.
Which is correct - Tynecastle would been their requested ground in the the summer of 2017

Hearts had planned to be back at Tynecastle at the start of September 2017 but the building works over ran and they asked to play at Murrayfield to meet the own demands that was agreed with the SPFL and the clubs they could could blocked it but didn't

They also reserved a few fixtures at the start of the season to ease pressure of playing them at Tynecastle

You can't moved games for financial gains

So they played at more than one stadium that’s all I’m saying
Yes for different reasons they played a total of 4 games at Murrayfield rather than reverse the fixture

Even this season Queen's Park have played at Hampden due to a fixture clash at Ochilview back in December but that was done with permission and they had to either move games or reversed fixtures because of other issues but that is their register ground for home games for 2022/23

Queen's Park will have register a ground for 2023/24 depending which League they are in to play all games at

If clubs were able to play games anywhere there would be nothing stopping us reaching an agreement with the SRU and playing all games at Murrayfield because it has an extra 17k capacity it doesn't happened

Good luck to them. They deserve promotion if they get it but they should be required to play there without moving. What is the point of clubs having their own ground if it holds them back?

I'd like to see QP go up but a stadium that size will be another kick in the stones for our away support especially if its Dundee Utd they replace and they play games v us there.

Common sense would see them play games v us and them at Hampden. Could be a good way for Rangers to get most bronze members their token away ticket for the season too.

I normally would have welcomed Queens Park into the Premiership being a fan of their once Corinthian values, but their rumoured land grab on Poloc Cricket Club's ground is outrageous. How can a well respected football institution force the demise of an even older and valued club in our city? Queens Park already own Lochinch( the former Police athletic ground in Pollock Park) surely they could build their training base there.

…. And people wonder why decent players chose the Championship in England over us …. This is a symptom of piss poor executive leadership in the sfa and spfl

…. And people wonder why decent players chose the Championship in England over us …. This is a symptom of piss poor executive leadership in the sfa and spfl
I’m surprised at Haughey to be honest.
Investing the money into the club to get to the top division but building a brand new stadium with an 1,800 capacity.
Were there planning restrictions that limited this one?

What do you want them to do? Force them to build a stadium they don’t need like St Johnstone, Falkirk, Livingston etc?

Don’t really have an issue with that tbh. They’re a small club, they’re going to have a small stadium but if they get to the premiership on merit then fair enough.

Did they not get quite a bit of investment recently? Wonder if they’ll invest anything in their ground if they go up.

What do you want them to do? Force them to build a stadium they don’t need like St Johnstone, Falkirk, Livingston etc?
Ehm I’d expect the executives to get best values for money TV deals and not sign us up for the rest of the century for a pittance …. Thus allowing clubs to provide facilities similar to a Denmark or Norway as an example

I'm sure a couple of hundred will venture out the woodwork when/if they are playing in Premier league.
I used to go from time to time when I stayed on Somerville Drive and had nothing else to do, but the largest crowd I saw in that time was just over 2000 when Hampden reopened after the commonwealth games, and that was on a bank holiday weekend when it was a fiver a head to get in. I think kids were a pound.

There was an article in the Herald about QP last Saturday. It said there was a 6000 minimum capacity for the Premiership. I doubt their new stand holds as much as 1500 and if there is enough room for temporary stands to bring it up to 6000.

Why is this a problem it’s not like the Mickey Mouse teams in this league will take an away support that would sell it out

I almost wish they do keep up their form just to show up the SPFL leadership next season when this starts making more headlines.

Ehm I’d expect the executives to get best values for money TV deals and not sign us up for the rest of the century for a pittance …. Thus allowing clubs to provide facilities similar to a Denmark or Norway as an example
Have you seen stadium capacities in Norways top flight? Their biggest one is only slightly bigger than Tynecastle. Their second biggest is smaller than Rugby Park.

How big do you want the stadiums to be in Scotland?

Edit: and in fact, Denmark has a top flight stadium with less than 4K seats, 2k less than our smallest top flight grounds.

This is in countries with a similar population as ours however we have two clubs getting over 50k which is a total outlier.

There was an article in the Herald about QP last Saturday. It said there was a 6000 minimum capacity for the Premiership. I doubt their new stand holds as much as 1500 and if there is enough room for temporary stands to bring it up to 6000.
There isn't any minimum capacity now for the Premiership

Would be amazed if they didn’t use Hampden for some games if they go up.

That said, some teams would rightly call that out as an advantage in terms of money making so there would need to either be a cap or sharing of funds
thats nonsense regarding sharing funds, precedents have been set for decades.

Would be amazed if they didn’t use Hampden for some games if they go up.

That said, some teams would rightly call that out as an advantage in terms of money making so there would need to either be a cap or sharing of funds
I don’t think you’re allowed to in the league

They can't switch between two stadiums just to make money.
No but they can to host Premiership football.

Ultimately the TV companies would rather show us v QP at Hampden than anywhere else too. That will be the clincher. Not sure Partick would be happy hosting a team in the league above having sell outs when we play them and they are stuck playing Arbroath either.

Ultimately the TV companies would rather show us v QP at Hampden than anywhere else too. That will be the clincher. Not sure Partick would be happy hosting a team in the league above having sell outs when we play them and they are stuck playing Arbroath either.
They won't share with Thistle after the mess of the Firhill surface the last time they shared. And the tv companies won't have a say in it, they can't just move to Hampden from their own stadium to make money when it suits them.

Queen’s Park wont play at Hampden against us just because Sky want them to ffs :))

I normally would have welcomed Queens Park into the Premiership being a fan of their once Corinthian values, but their rumoured land grab on Poloc Cricket Club's ground is outrageous. How can a well respected football institution force the demise of an even older and valued club in our city? Queens Park already own Lochinch( the former Police athletic ground in Pollock Park) surely they could build their training base there.

Apparently senior Queen's Park senior figures denied any involvement in that. Also Queen's Park are older than Poloc Cricket Club.

Rumours are it's St Cadocs or Hutcheson Grammar School.

Back