Union Bears banner at stadium

It’s pretty tame compared to what other Ultra groups across Europe do to put pressure on their board. This is a pretty peaceful protest tbh.

At the end of the day they are an ultra group, so it always makes me laugh when people in our support seem to get offended at some of their actions
Can't argue with your first para at all mate.

I think most folks 'beef' is that we don't want an ultras group - in the sense they have them in Italy or whatever - we want a fans group that does their best to encourage others to back the team. Something the Union Bears are very good at. Personally, I think they should leave it at that and not go all 'Euro' on us.

Maybe social media plays a part now but I honestly can’t recall them being criticised on the same level

Well the guy that unfurled the banner at the time is posting on this thread. I'm sure he can legislate for the grief he got. He even had an article somewhere, can't recall where justifying his position and why he did it.

Petulance. In my opinion. We all have an opinion.

How many shares do UB07 own ?

Complete sideshow driven by folk from a totally non business background in a huff about disabled fans being prioritised over safe standing. In my opinion.
So you can only criticise the board if you’re a shareholder?

Do you need to have a certain amount of shares before your opinion becomes valid? Can you explain how it should all work then?

Or is it the case we’re all stakeholders and are entitled to voice our opinions? If you support Wilson and Robertson you can make a banner if you want

If we won the LCF they wouldn't be happening.

I appreciate and respect the right to protest, however I don't believe it takes sight of the bugger picture.

I asked on a previous thread about this, how long does a replacement in either role get to have the club back on top?
Agreed.

This.
I'd say it's time for a change in leadership of the UBs.
Trust in what Beale is saying, ie back the team and have some trust in the overall process, as he does. We're on a great run of form ffs.
Who is/are the leadership of the Union Bears? Let the faceless nameless person/s who feel entitled to demand those who own the club replace employees who are achieving their targets step forward and put their points of view across.

Can't argue with your first para at all mate.

I think most folks 'beef' is that we don't want an ultras group - in the sense they have them in Italy or whatever - we want a fans group that does their best to encourage others to back the team. Something the Union Bears are very good at. Personally, I think they should leave it at that and not go all 'Euro' on us.
They’ve always said they’re an ultra group so it really doesn’t matter what other people might want tbh mate.

How else do the support voice their opinion though ?

Wilson has ultimately failed in his role which is why we have very few sellable assets and watched two key players(three if you include Goldson last year) run their contracts down and wipe out their value. The reinforcements from the sales of Bassey and Aribo have been largely a disaster.

As for Robertson, he wouldn't get a sniff of an interview over the road for the same position.

If you want to blame Wilson for everything, does he get credit for the EL run, 55, Scottish Cup win?
I don't think we're in a bad place, or have a poor squad. We're on our best run of league form for over a decade, closing on the filth IMHO. They're just on an exceptional run.

Beale trusts these guys and asks for unity. The protests just make no sense to me, and I think the UBs should drop it for now.

Went down to get my car washed earlier on Broomloan Rd and seen the crazy bastards scaling this to hang the banner. Wouldn’t be surprised if one of them is at hospital the now with an injury.

I’m not comparing the circumstances of what they’re protesting about, I’m fully aware of what the protests were about

My question is why the UB are criticised and the “they don’t speak for all fans” is a stick to beat them with but the same premise could be applied to the we deserve better campaign?

For what it’s worth, I supported we deserve better protests and I also support the current UB one. I just think the UB should be allowed to protest like any other group can if they want without the abuse and snipes like “stick to what you’re good at”

Per my above post, I just don't think a protest makes any sense right now.

Who is/are the leadership of the Union Bears? Let the faceless nameless person/s who feel entitled to demand those who own the club replace employees who are achieving their targets step forward and put their points of view across.
Do you want their names, addresses, job titles?

What about the RST members that joined in the we deserve better campaign. Did they need to provide their personal details before they were allowed to protest?

Beale is asking for the fans to trust and back the team, which the UBs are very good at.
He clearly trusts Wilson and Robertson, or he wouldn't be back.
I understand that however we have seen enough with our own eyes over the years to make our own minds up.

Wasn’t long ago Beale was posting cryptic Instagram messages about why he left and ‘the truth will out’.

Sorry if I don’t agree with the manager of Rangers who has just been appointed by this board when he is clearly toeing the party line.

My support for the team will not deminish by the members of the board who I feel their time is up.

I’m really not sure what they are trying to achieve with this. They aren’t going to get 2 guys sacked.
Gio was sacked due to fan pressure. I understand football board members (not investor board) are different but you see across the country that fan pressure can lead to change

If we won the LCF they wouldn't be happening.

I appreciate and respect the right to protest, however I don't believe it takes sight of the bugger picture.

I asked on a previous thread about this, how long does a replacement in either role get to have the club back on top?
A lot of people were extremely critical about the board before that.

Out of interest, How many cup finals/failed league campaigns does it take before you’d want change?

They have also delivered some awful times and are rightly due criticism.

Everyone deserves constructive criticism at times, but the timing of this is senseless.

It feels like they spent a load on these banners, so we better keep protesting, despite the fact we're in good form and the future looks bright.

Seen the police stop at the roundabout earlier having a look at what they were doing and they just drove away.
I’m not convinced by the explanation the board gave for the UB’s not getting in to the ground the other week, so I am interested to see how this afternoon pans out

If you want to blame Wilson for everything, does he get credit for the EL run, 55, Scottish Cup win?
I don't think we're in a bad place, or have a poor squad. We're on our best run of league form for over a decade, closing on the filth IMHO. They're just on an exceptional run.

Beale trusts these guys and asks for unity. The protests just make no sense to me, and I think the UBs should drop it for now.
The majority of the key players who delivered the league, EL final and SC were not Wilson players.

McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Helander
Barisic
Jack
Davis
Kamara
Kent
Aribo
Morelos

I’m not convinced by the explanation the board gave for the UB’s not getting in to the ground the other week, so I am interested to see how this afternoon pans out
I fully back the club and PS stopping them displaying anything outrageous or illegal but they have zero right to stop protests like this and banners like that.

I'm inclined to say they're trying to paint this as a football matter to get the wider support onside, when their main issue with the club is how they're treated as a group...
Precisely.
So you can only criticise the board if you’re a shareholder?
You are the poster that asked why RST and UB07 saying they dont like boardroom goings on are not the same thing. You don’t like the explanation that one has shares in the club the other have pots of paint and matching outfits, that’s up to you.

I’d forecast the flood of new usernames of random unfashionable Rangers players of yesteryear with a couple of posts each will be along shortly to back UB07 up.

We had no qualms sacking the manager who delivered the Europa League run and the Scottish Cup. I'm not sure there's an argument to be made that Wilson is performing any better in his role than Gio was.

Ultimately Wilson is in charge of our overall squad management. We're staring down the barrel of a monumental rebuild this summer after spending a sizeable amount of money last summer. We should never be in this position.

The value of the squad has plummeted under his watch.

I fully back the club and PS stopping them displaying anything outrageous or illegal but they have zero right to stop protests like this and banners like that.
I agree, but have we ever actually seen the banner the police were apparently stopping from being displayed?

It won’t have been anything saying “ACAB” btw because they’re there nearly every single week

I understand that however we have seen enough with our own eyes over the years to make our own minds up.

Wasn’t long ago Beale was posting cryptic Instagram messages about why he left and ‘the truth will out’.

Sorry if I don’t agree with the manager of Rangers who has just been appointed by this board when he is clearly toeing the party line.

My support for the team will not deminish by the members of the board who I feel their time is up.

It's less than a year since Seville and our SC win. We've hardly been starved of good times.

The board's going nowhere and nor should they, until they feel there's men or women with deep pockets and Rangers best interests at heart, to replace them.

Robertson is soft touch and Wilson is a failure.

That's my two cents.
Robertson…hmm, there’s just something off about this guy. We never really see or hear much from him and anytime we do, personally I have never been impressed with him and I have a nagging feeling he regards most of us with contempt and for the money he’s on which is probably a hefty sum I think we can do better…much better than him. Regarding Wilson, this job is equally if not more important than the chief executive position and the question every Rangers fan should be asking is what are his qualifications for such a massively important role? We have limited cash available and so what money we do have at our disposal MUST be spent wisely and quite simply too much money has been wasted and so I think it’s only right many supporters are questioning the wisdom of continuing with these two men in their jobs.

Everyone deserves constructive criticism at times, but the timing of this is senseless.

It feels like they spent a load on these banners, so we better keep protesting, despite the fact we're in good form and the future looks bright.

Can't wheech out the banners everytime there's a blip and then put them away when we hit a rosey patch. That's just looking at snippets...but if you take in the whole picture it's not great or as good as it should be.

We're slowly heading back to the Murray days of shut up, sit down and hand over your money. Without the fans we are nothing.

Do you want their names, addresses, job titles?

What about the RST members that joined in the we deserve better campaign. Did they need to provide their personal details before they were allowed to protest?
Let’s just have their names. How many are there? Who exactly are they? What are their qualifications to decide that SR and RE aren’t achieving what the board have tasked them with achieving? The company accounts includes the targets for those who don’t know that, for example, finish no lower than runners up in the league is a target. Maybe listen to Beale who said that when he was here with Gerrard not a player was foisted on them, Gerrard and staff decided every 1st team signing. GVB said he and his staff decided incoming players. Beale evidently chose Cantwell and Raskin as he talked about wanting them often enough before they arrived.

I get their personal issues with Robertson over safe standing and other things and wether he’s did a good job is debatable, however the Wilson one is fickle and once we start winning again, they’ll not say a thing about it.

Be interesting to see if they try their Wilson banner again today knowing fine and well the cops one isn’t welcome or try again and go in a huff when their told it’s not allowed and stay out again.

Beale has came out and backed Wilson time and time again.

I think his record should see him hunted as well tbh but if the manager likes him then so be it.

Adding my last tuppenceworth on this thread as it will soon descend into farce eventhough their has been some positive disagreements (oxymoron) so far.

My main problem with the board is not the failures on the park although this is a part of it. My problem is that Robertsons doesn’t want to back the support over anything untill his position or the financial members of the boards positions are questioned. We hear nothing from them untill they are under pressure yet the support is kicked from pillar to post and they are happy to sit their and say nothing.

Wilsons who in fact is in charge of recruitment overall has a poor poor track record. We have stagnated under him and he needs to leave. We continually buy squad players and injury prone players and the gamble never pays off. He should leave immediately. I have more to say on him however this would result in a ban.

We had no qualms sacking the manager who delivered the Europa League run and the Scottish Cup. I'm not sure there's an argument to be made that Wilson is performing any better in his role than Gio was.

Ultimately Wilson is in charge of our overall squad management. We're staring down the barrel of a monumental rebuild this summer after spending a sizeable amount of money last summer. We should never be in this position.

The value of the squad has plummeted under his watch.

I disagree, I don't think the squad needs a monumental rebuild, and we'll see what happens.

Wait a second - are folk really saying the WDB campaign was wrong? 3 years later we were in administration. Anyone who didn’t support it turned out to be on the wrong side.

The difference here is full incompetence from RW/SR rather than nasty egotistical maniacal behaviour under Murray.

I agree, but have we ever actually seen the banner the police were apparently stopping from being displayed?

It won’t have been anything saying “ACAB” btw because they’re there nearly every single week
Agree mate. Surely there would have been an image of the illicit banner (if there ever was one) leaked somewhere. Defo something fishy about it all.

And we’ve seen the ACAB banner at games for decades, it’s not that.

It's less than a year since Seville and our SC win. We've hardly been starved of good times.

The board's going nowhere and nor should they, until they feel there's men or women with deep pockets and Rangers best interests at heart, to replace them.
One Scottish cup win each season is not acceptable to me. Especially when we were so far in front in the league and sorry I do not celebrate failure. We may have got to the Europa League final but we did not win it.

And also this protest isn’t about Park or any of the other investors. How much money has Robertson put in may I ask? Robertson and Wilson have put no money into the club so not sure why you have brought up the people replacing them needs deep pockets.

Precisely.

You are the poster that asked why RST and UB07 saying they dont like boardroom goings on are not the same thing. You don’t like the explanation that one has shares in the club the other have pots of paint and matching outfits, that’s up to you.

I’d forecast the flood of new usernames of random unfashionable Rangers players of yesteryear with a couple of posts each will be along shortly to back UB07 up.
There may well be members within the UB that have their own personal shareholding’s, I don’t know if they do or not. There’s shareholders that support their protests including me. So should I contact the UB and tell them I’ll hold the banners because I’m a shareholder and they’re not?

All stakeholders are entitled to their opinion. Going by your logic, Club1872 could turn up and protest as they’re shareholders but we know how that would go down. They have a shareholding in the club, like RST did as you put it - we all know how it would end; “Club1872 don’t talk for us” where as same premise wouldn’t apply to RST

Don’t have any idea what your second paragraph means

Be throwing sharks next.
To the carpark!

Na tbf I dont mind this, they cant do it inside so do it outside.

If they quietly surrender then the problems of Wilson etc just continue to meander from one failure to another.

Let’s just have their names. How many are there? Who exactly are they? What are their qualifications to decide that SR and RE aren’t achieving what the board have tasked them with achieving? The company accounts includes the targets for those who don’t know that, for example, finish no lower than runners up in the league is a target. Maybe listen to Beale who said that when he was here with Gerrard not a player was foisted on them, Gerrard and staff decided every 2st team signing. GVB said he and his staff decided incoming players. Beale evidently chose Cantrell and Raskin as he talked about wanting them often enough before they arrived.
So do you need to be a company director or an accountant to criticise the board now?

I’m pretty sure anyone with eyes can see that Wilson has wasted a large proportion of his budget on players that aren’t good enough. You don’t need to have industry experience to know that

Hopefully by "Change", they also mean some of the neanderthal songs they sing that drag the famous, classy name of our great club down.

Change is inevitable in life.

To the carpark!

Na tbf I dont mind this, they cant do it inside so do it outside.

If they quietly surrender then the problems of Wilson etc just continue to meander from one failure to another.
Exactly. Do it inside and there would be threads later saying they should concentrate on the football and it’s not the time and place. Do it outside 5 hours before kick off and people saying they shouldn’t be doing it then

When’s the best time for them to do it?

Back