Pathetic Quality From Castore

lCqKqx9.jpg

I know I must be in the minority, but every single item I've bought from them has been great quality. I've had no issues. I have 2 garcia hoodys and I have to say they are magnificent.
Wasn't impressed with them first and second seasons, in fact first season they were shocking, but think this years stuff has been a step up in quality. Bought loads of stuff this season and it's good. Particularly like the 3/4 zippers.

Stuff is p ish and they are ripping off the punters.My guess is Rangers suit them more than they suit Rangers.Best in class they most certainly are not.

Probably not worth starting another thread for but looks like Genoa are binning them off after one season.

According to rumors, the marriage between Genoa and Castore has already come to an end. In fact, after only one season the rossoblu will return again to Kappa , left last year for the young English brand which however has been experiencing numerous problems in recent times. In fact, it is no mystery that various Castore customers have complained of various defects in the shirts and slowdowns in the delivery times of the kits, among these the noisiest were the fans of Rangers Glasgow , but also Wolverhampton Wanderers and Bayer Leverkusen did not remain satisfied with the quality of Castore.

The relationship with Genoa didn't start in the best way, with delays in the delivery of training kits , so much so that the team continued to train with the old ones made by Kappa until late August. Subsequently they received the first official shirts a few days after the first official match, therefore not having the time and the way to organize a real kit launch. Delivery delays are not over. The first team had to wait until December to receive their winter jackets, while some youth teams only received these garments in January. Meanwhile, they were forced to use last season's Kappa jackets. Supply chain problems they also affected the fans, who for long stretches of the season were unable to buy their team's shirts due to lack of stock and problems with the online store. Finally, the lifestyle line and merchandising of Genoa this season was considered uncared for and not in line with the history of one of the oldest clubs in Italy.

The official interruption of the relationship between Genoa and Castore has not yet arrived, but the rumor seems to leave little doubt. Obviously Castore will do everything to not lose the customer to avoid the backlash of publicity and reputation, already affected by the latest problems highlighted with the latest supplies. At the same time, Genoa now in full swing to return to Serie A would like to start their new adventure in the top Italian competition with a partner they know very well like Kappa, having been the sponsor of the Genoans from 1998 to 2001 and from 2019 to 2022. A partnership that could come back into fashion after just one year of interruption.

All I can say about this (and believe me I could go into shitloads of more detail) is that if a club like Genoa thinks they are unacceptable then why shouldn’t we?

And this is aimed at the club issues with Castore, not the ones our support have to endure.

Just to buck the negativity for a minute. Placed what's probably my 10th or 12th order with Castore maybe more on Monday night and everything was delivered today. No issues. I've bought every shirt since Castore came in and a few other bits all washed multiple times and not an issue with any of it. Must be extremely lucky.

Just to buck the negativity for a minute. Placed what's probably my 10th or 12th order with Castore maybe more on Monday night and everything was delivered today. No issues. I've bought every shirt since Castore came in and a few other bits all washed multiple times and not an issue with any of it. Must be extremely lucky.
You're definitely in the minority , paying full price for most of this season's offerings has left me not only skint but disillusioned at the quality for the price .
It is no surprise that they have been heavily discounting for months now .

You're definitely in the minority , paying full price for most of this season's offerings has left me not only skint but disillusioned at the quality for the price .
It is no surprise that they have been heavily discounting for months now .

Bar home shirts (I buy them as soon as they are released) I don't pay full price for anything Rangers related. Always wait for them to be discounted. Just never had an issue is all. Clearly I am in the minority.

Purchased this on Friday:

RFC COTTON LS TEE - NAVY/WHITE; RFC COTTON SWEATER - NAVY/WHITE; RFC COTTON HOODY - NAVY/WHITE.

I was £160 for that lot.
However, I’ve just received them, and I'm disgusted with the lack of quality.

On the sweater, the Castore words are missing letters and the Castore logo isn't straight.
The RFC crest is also miles off being straight.

The t-shirt and hoodie are OK on this front, but the quality in general leaves a lot to be desired.

Are normal Castore items made in India like this cheap shit?
And when I say cheap shit, I mean the quality – not the prices, which are anything but cheap.

I'm so disgusted with the poor quality of the sweater that I'm returning all three.

I've got the home and away shirt, but these will be my last Castore purchases unless the item is embroidered.

Gutted not to be able to support my club.

View attachment 1319

View attachment 1320

View attachment 1321

I had a quick look on Twitter (which I'm not on, thankfully), and if you search for Castore, it's full of Rangers fans highlighting the poor quality of items, if they actually receive them that is.

This must be doing untold damage to the Castore brand.
A company who prides itself on being premium and the manufacturer of the world's highest quality sportswear are currently a laughing stock.

If I was involved with Castore, I'd be sorting this as a matter of urgency before the entire brand is irreparably damaged.

They are a lot of very unhappy vocal Rangers fans out there just now...

Updated (Post #4,915) – My Football Shirts Are Falling To Pieces​

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/...falling-to-pieces.131069/page-99#post-8603045

They don't care it's all about profit

For some reason we seem to be unable or unwilling to relieve ourselves with Castore. I genuinely believe that this is holding us back. I also think that as a club we haven't pursued other kit manufacturers and it's clear that there is something personal between the club and Castore.

For some reason we seem to be unable or unwilling to relieve ourselves with Castore. I genuinely believe that this is holding us back. I also think that as a club we haven't pursued other kit manufacturers and it's clear that there is something personal between the club and Castore.
Castore run all the shops and online stuff, I doubt other manufacturers would do the same for us.

This is my 150th Anniversary shirt, which folk complained about the quality. At Christmas 2021, I burned a hole in it.

I’ve worn it to renovate a full house since, ripped everything out and went through basically every job you can do in a house. Been through a year of gardening, and any other old clothes work, and it hasn’t got a bit of torn thread, fraying, or peeling of the prints. Been washed dozens of times with no care at all.

Apart from the burn and paint, it’s basically in great condition. I think it’s the most durable football shirt I’ve ever had.

I just bought my boy two quarter zip training tops a bench jacket and three pairs of shorts in black, blue and white, total price should have been £254 got the lot for just £80. There’s bargains to be had but Castore need to cut the crap out and go by the mantra less is more. More quality and less items.

This is my 150th Anniversary shirt, which folk complained about the quality. At Christmas 2021, I burned a hole in it.

I’ve worn it to renovate a full house since, ripped everything out and went through basically every job you can do in a house. Been through a year of gardening, and any other old clothes work, and it hasn’t got a bit of torn thread, fraying, or peeling of the prints. Been washed dozens of times with no care at all.

Apart from the burn and paint, it’s basically in great condition. I think it’s the most durable football shirt I’ve ever had.

Looks like Peter Norths spare rag there mate

Must be the dulux version.

Lana Wolf been round?

I think Lana Wolf has had a loan of your top mate, :oops:

All I can say about this (and believe me I could go into shitloads of more detail) is that if a club like Genoa thinks they are unacceptable then why shouldn’t we?

And this is aimed at the club issues with Castore, not the ones our support have to endure.
What issues have the club had?

Got tops that lasted me 20 years and still in good condition then got the crap castore sell that is falling apart after a couple of months still get people telling me how to wash them but wash them the same as the old tops on a delicate wash and the quality difference shows.
Not just the kits but jackets tracksuit tops and t shirts, the 55 champions range was a shambles and the top logos fell off with the 1st wash along with the champions tracksuit top that done the same too.
Not to mention the fact every time i make an order i have to chase it up for weeks to get it ordered stuff mid november last year and got it on xmas eve after weeks of chasing it up.

They should put this on their website

The quality has improved this season. The pricing strategy however … sales on before Xmas and then pretty much every week after

Have t bought anything from them as their reputation with me is ruined. I like my golf stuff and even the golfers they were with have ditched them.

For the price they want to charge I can get a far superior supplier with history.

I haven’t had any quality issues with their kit personally. Not a fan of the current home kit but that’s no big deal.

Biggest issue I think is how far they are from being able to fulfil peak demand at launch of kit.

Preordering is almost pointless as it’s a lottery if you’ll get it anywhere near launch day and many folk order later and receive sooner than others who ordered in advance.

I found last season it just made a lot more sense to just go to one of the stores as there was tonnes of stock and avoided the frustration of their logistics on web orders.

I’ll never use their site for a launch day purchase again to be honest.

I haven’t had any quality issues with their kit personally. Not a fan of the current home kit but that’s no big deal.

Biggest issue I think is how far they are from being able to fulfil peak demand at launch of kit.

Preordering is almost pointless as it’s a lottery if you’ll get it anywhere near launch day and many folk order later and receive sooner than others who ordered in advance.

I found last season it just made a lot more sense to just go to one of the stores as there was tonnes of stock and avoided the frustration of their logistics on web orders.

I’ll never use their site for a launch day purchase again to be honest.
All this has been revamped for the new season. Should be 10x better when the new kit gets launched.

Looks like @LadyBearBelfast_CD5 after @Number8 has been round.

They’ve improved immensely since year 1 and year two with regards to quality.

Still a few errors but much better than they were.

Can’t say I’m a fan of this seasons kits as they are lazy attempts as designs. But I’m prob knit picking there.

The main issue that Castore still have is their inability to maintain stock throughout the season.

SD having better stock of items than our very own online store is poor.

Surprised there has been no leaks of next seasons kit yet

There will be soon. Then a Castore source and “ITK” poster will tell us that’s only a template/concept and not the final completed design……. Then it’ll eventually become apparent that it is/was the final completed design and they were talking shïte :))

There’s not much we can change in the home strip. I hope they keep it minimalistic.
Go adventurous with the change strip(s)

That's 1 of the more expensive pro edition shirts bu the look of it.
More detail in it

The main positive people had going with Castore was the fact they were the only company that would take us, and free us from old contracts etc.
A new fresh start to make us money, finally.
Here we are 3 years later with shit merchandise, shirt strips but still in court, paying out millions.

Held off on buying anything Castore based on hearsay but the training trousers and top were on sale and bought them for fives.

After one outing and one wash as advised on them, the RFC logo started to peel on the trousers. Emailed Castore who said to return and they will replace them. Fair enough.

Received an email the next day to say that the top has been dispatched rather than the trousers. Good start.

Emailed them back and said I would return the top when received and it was the trousers that were faulty. Told me to keep the top as a sign of goodwill (bit daft as the top I have is still in good condition) and sent out replacement trousers.

The new trousers eventually come and after two washes (again, as advised in the label), same peeling on the RFC logo. Feel it’s pointless to email again to replace with a third pair and now running about with a peeling logo.

Should have stuck to my gut, as much as I like the designs of some of the stuff they bring out, I don’t think the quality is ever going to match the price unless they have serious words from the club. I was still over £50 with the 2 items being on sale and to just get 3 uses out 2 separate items is incredibly poor. Will see that I keep my money next season.

Wish the club would follow suit with Genoa but get the feeling every club could drop them, and we would be the sole one left signing up for another 5 years such is the way of things at the club just now.

Bleak.

Back