Pathetic Quality From Castore

I've never had any issues with the stuff from them over the years and I buy a fair bit of merch every season from them.
Guess I have just been lucky.

Again like a few I have not had any issues other than the first season we went with them. I buy a fair amount of stuff between me and our two kids. Just about to pick up some reduced training tops from last season. :)
Quality wise the main issue seemed to be everything that was not embroidered eventually peeled off and that is washing in a 30 degrees was like I do with all the families sports stuff that has transfers.

My major gripe is the price of a football top nowadays it's utterly ridiculous at £70 you can literally pick up a decent Lacoste polo shirt for that. TBF that is a whole of football thing rather than castore.

Would I mind if we went with someone else absolutely not but would prefer to go with whoever makes the most money for the club above all else.

The club don’t care about fans receiving sub standard products as they’ve shown since the Castore deal was brokered. They don’t care as long as the money comes in.

The players complaints about the products they are being asked to train and play in would be the way the deal would be cancelled. The players think Castore is shit too. I see Villa’s players think the same.

I’d think it’s already been extended though.

The club don’t care about fans receiving sub standard products as they’ve shown since the Castore deal was brokered. They don’t care as long as the money comes in.

The players complaints about the products they are being asked to train and play in would be the way the deal would be cancelled. The players think Castore is shit too. I see Villa’s players think the same.

I’d think it’s already been extended though.

The players think it’s sh*t?

Where is that from?

Generally I've not had quality issues with any of the Castore kit I've bought until this season when the wee man's top had a badge peeling after first wash. Got it exchanged at the Buchanan Galleries store easy enough, but other than that haven't had any real issues - except their sizing being weird versus other suppliers.

I find the bigger problem that their online logistics are clearly well short of being able to cope with demand for new launches. I simply wouldn't do any kind of kit pre-order with them as on the occasions I did, I got my kit up to two weeks after launch day, which makes pre-ordering utterly pointless.

Now I just go to the store on launch day and there's always tonnes of stock.

Also riles me massively that kids GK kits seem to be given short shrift from a stock point of view.

Finally managed to cobble one together for the wee man for his Christmas via JD Sports and Rangers app for the socks, but will probably be a bit big as they don't do infant kit sizes and it's also stupidly expensive to buy junior kits £100+ for a 6 year old is bonkers (and I know it's not exclusive to Rangers).

Aside from the Castore logo peeling off two golf shirts within two or three washes (vs Under Armour where the logo is likely to outlast the shirt), and the Rangers polo bought in a 2XL to be ‘safe’ which is nearer an L in size vs a Rangers training top in 2XL which a family of four could have a camping holiday in, I’ve not had any problems!!! :rolleyes:

I'd obviously much rather a nike or adidas take over making our kits etc. Purely for snobbery and nostalgia purposes but they'd make a better quality kit. Downside being for every decent strip they make they have the potential to make an abomination like Celtic's home strip this year, or a generic template by the numbers effort.

From a Castore point of view, I've never had a problem with any of their stuff that I've bought. That being said, there's still plenty of folk out there that have had issues. I've liked many of their strips (purple one was a cracker :cool:) and think this season has been their best yet.

Bottom line is it will come down to who is willing to pay us the most when the contract is up. I've no idea if Castore putting money into the superstore will have anything to do with extending the deal but it's something that has came up in conversation on here. But if it is down to purely how many shirts and merch we sell then nike, adidas, umbro etc should be making us very attractive offers.

To be honest an easy thing that Castore could improve on would be delivery.

I ordered some stuff on Monday and after the transaction is complete you basically don't get any updates unless you download some app called Shop?

Every other website I order from sends me a tracking link no hassle.

Again like a few I have not had any issues other than the first season we went with them. I buy a fair amount of stuff between me and our two kids. Just about to pick up some reduced training tops from last season. :)
Quality wise the main issue seemed to be everything that was not embroidered eventually peeled off and that is washing in a 30 degrees was like I do with all the families sports stuff that has transfers.

My major gripe is the price of a football top nowadays it's utterly ridiculous at £70 you can literally pick up a decent Lacoste polo shirt for that. TBF that is a whole of football thing rather than castore.

Would I mind if we went with someone else absolutely not but would prefer to go with whoever makes the most money for the club above all else.
Where abouts can I pick up last years gear?

To be honest an easy thing that Castore could improve on would be delivery.

I ordered some stuff on Monday and after the transaction is complete you basically don't get any updates unless you download some app called Shop?

Every other website I order from sends me a tracking link no hassle.
Do you not get tracking emails?

I get emails to my gmail account for every order, but they go into my ‘promotions’ bit rather than the primary inbox so I have to search for them to find them.

I've never had any issues with the stuff from them over the years and I buy a fair bit of merch every season from them.
Guess I have just been lucky.
I’ve had 1 which they replaced with zero issues. Anyone who thinks Nike or adidas have perfection should have a look at social media.
Maybe the big brands don’t like the new guys so are out to get them :))

You just know we’ll be the club still lumped with them after everyone sensible has buggered off to proper manufacturers.

You just know if castore got cancelled Macron or Joma would get the gig. Dont get me wrong ive had a few Macron Scotland rugby tops and the quality is top notch but the football snob in me would hate it if they did Rangers gear.

Nice bump/reopening. Not sure why it was closed in the first place. Because one person was satisfied doesn’t mean there was no issues to post in the thread.

Whilst we’re at it….

Any chance we can re-open the “whos our next manager thread” that was kicking around after Gio left the building?

Or even open the transfer thread again so we can debate the pros and cons of our new players. Just because that’s also relevant.

:))

They were really poor at the start, but I don’t think current issues are anything out of the ordinary given the volumes. At least they try with our designs - imagine going back to a template option like we had for several years.

They were really poor at the start, but I don’t think current issues are anything out of the ordinary given the volumes. At least they try with our designs - imagine going back to a template option like we had for several years.

:oops:

Also…. It is a template being used.

Newcastle’s third kit from last year is our home template this year.

Newcastle’s home hot last year is the same template as our white kit this year.

Castore are much better than they were but the “bepokeness” isn’t there anymore.

Bought a few things and they've all been fine with one exception, I was sent a cream polo shirt instead of the white one I ordered. The bizarre thing is that they don't sell them in cream so Christ knows what happened. I actually prefer it in cream as it looks a bit different.

This has probably been answered a million times over but can we return online orders in-store? My better half got me the third strip but it’s a size too small.

Ordered a couple of items through the Rangers store 2 weeks ago and they still show as processing. They were both in the sale so they must have them in stock.

Ordered a couple of items through the Rangers store 2 weeks ago and they still show as processing. They were both in the sale so they must have them in stock.
Last item I bought in sale I waited a month before getting an e mail telling me I was being refunded because item was out of stock.

Spot the difference on the England Cricket World Cup shirts. (Although tbf a 3rd party printer is being blamed for this one, not Castore directly)

But either way, it's been a shit few months for them reputationally.

0e9a5ff968748eab32cefdbe05e68e02

I know it's not a massive deal but why have they never released junior socks for away, third and GK strips? Surely all kids want the full kit.

Spot the difference on the England Cricket World Cup shirts. (Although tbf a 3rd party printer is being blamed for this one, not Castore directly)

But either way, it's been a shit few months for them reputationally.

0e9a5ff968748eab32cefdbe05e68e02

It’s stuff like this that make Castore reputation suffer to the point they won’t recover from it.

No quality control processes in place and lack of infrastructure means kits are made in different factories (Turkey / China etc) to different specs.

Other kit suppliers don’t have these issues. It’s poor for the image of our club having a third rate kit supplier. I only hope we move away from them in 2025.

Ordered a Pro Tek Hoody and a tee shirt on the Castore website on Mondays night just before midnight.
Both items delivered this lunchtime.
Happy with quality of both and delivery times.
I must be lucky as I have never had any issues with them.

I know it's not a massive deal but why have they never released junior socks for away, third and GK strips? Surely all kids want the full kit.
I know it's dreadful, you only have a short period in your life where you can wear the full kit without being called a wanker, this opportunity has been taken from a whole generation of our future support.

IMG-4912.png
They are not as bad as they were when we first took them on, i have got a few things on sale recently and not had any issues with them.

Bought some plain white polos white a light grey RFC on them for a fiver each last week and they were delivered within 3 days, cheapest i have ever seen stuff on sale on the website and they had free delivery

Last edited:
Had my first issue with Castore this week.
new 4th top arrived, gave it a look over and noticed a slit in the material next to the Castore badge.

Offered me 20% refund to keep it. It’s gone back for an exchange.

Latest posts

Back