Match Thread Rangers v Celtic - 13:30 Sunday - Viaplay Sports

Well, well what can I fucking say.....

JOTA ON THE WING!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

JOTA ON THE WING!!!!

Another tr3bl3!! Thank you, we are now officially the world record holders, I hope you think about this new achievement in world football and wonder where did it all %^*& up for "the worlds most successful club" You are officially in our shadow, your sick obsession about child abuse has truly faltered your fan base and hid from even worse crimes... An out of touch football club,

We are now in your every thought, we are Celtic Football Club..

Enjoy the rest of your Holy Sunday, HAIL fuckin HAIL!!
Wank.

I had a look back at the "Negating their system" post I made yesterday, and it mentions a few things I'd like to see: us try to do

"Going to get the ball, whether it's in our or in their area. Not standing and watching aimlessly as the ball is taken by a hungrier opponent."

" ... not fann*ing about at the back and putting ourselves under needless pressure."

" ... when we get a set piece (wherever it is) do NOT by default just pass it backwards. Actually think about it as an opportunity to ... wait for it ... get that pesky ball forwards."

and of course

"If it's not working, change it."

Well, that wasn't so difficult to forecast I suppose.

Obviously Beale is now in a very unenviable position by not winning in four matches against 'them'. The final game against 'them' this season is a dead rubber match which is unusual for an old firm game, even if we win it.

Unenivable as Beale needs to bed his new signings in and try and get a winning result against 'them' in the games that really matter particularly the early ones next season. I reckon he is already walking the Ibrox plank or probably the tightrope next season in each individual game against 'them'.

I know that of course Beale needs his chance with his own signings and I truly hope it works out for him. However, the best of managers can actually take a previous sacked managers' team mid season and turn them around. Roy Hodgson at Crystal Palace this season is a fair example.

Unfortunately that didn't happen for Beale and Rangers this season. I think he is now in the situation where he will be judged on each game against 'them' rather than at the end of next season.

In a cup semi, your last chance of winning anything this season, you go up front with a midfielder? No you don't
It's worth noting that Morelos used to play in midfield before transitioning to his current position, while Tillman has been deployed as a forward by Bayern. I suggest doing some research on football to gain a better understanding of these positional changes before we continue our discussion.

today should surprise no one

this squad is weak mentally and physically and have been for a while

kent and Morelos have been abysmal for the last 2 seasons

we have 2 full backs who can’t defend

we have bought absolute shite and it shows

rangers are a shambles

It’s beyond time to change both full backs, should have started the transition last season. It will take some time and the sooner we start the better.

That’s not me hanging them out to dry, it’s normal, players peak, drop off and teams evolve. We are a distant 2nd to them, the same players are consistently making mistakes and we absolutely have a problem with our back line.

Many think it’s time to replace both Tav and Borna, GK will change, Goodson continues for me and it looks like Davies isn’t the answer to partner him.
We absolutely can’t go into next season with the same back line. That’s all people are saying, how does that make us all mental? What do you propose?

Tav in particular was absolutely shocking at the goal, he should be dropped for that alone.

I hope Beale is given the backing to build his team in the summer, he knows who he can trust to take his version of this team forward.
It’s his decision but I for one am sick of watching exactly the same game play out. If you can’t change the people, change the people.
Why does that make anyone calling for a change to the back line mental?
Yes, drop him.
Just tell me how we replace his positive contribution.
Also if we’re dropping Tavernier for that error, we need to drop Barisic, Souttar, Davies, Goldson and a host of others too.

Ive not read all the posts in this thread but feel we should have won this game

Past two games we failed to kill the game, lets hope our recruitment in the summer gets the players in we need but most importantly the deadwood out our club.

Goodnight

A team of losers, and some that can’t last 90 minutes. And others that know they are gone that are chasing money that gave up a long time ago.
Hopefully the right manager can be appointed. Probably around Christmas or just after.

today should surprise no one

this squad is weak mentally and physically and have been for a while

kent and Morelos have been abysmal for the last 2 seasons

we have 2 full backs who can’t defend

we have bought absolute shite and it shows

rangers are a shambles
Can’t really argue with that

Ive not read all the posts in this thread but feel we should have won this game

Past two games we failed to kill the game, lets hope our recruitment in the summer gets the players in we need but most importantly the deadwood out our club.

Goodnight
We can’t say we should have won it when we didn’t create enough chances and we conceded idiotic ones.
It still has to be said though that this Celtic team who are miles ahead of us are relying very heavily on our unforced errors to get them their victories.

Poor performance against a poor team yet they found a way again.
As usual Morelos is above criticism despite being rank rotten again.
We need a rich investor or a miracle.

Game went went exactly as expected (minus that swept in goal we normally lose) with us making a glaring fcuking error in defence from a defence where actual defending is not their strongpoint .

Then having to rely on an equally useless frontline to score - when actual scoring is not ‘their’ strongpoint. Then trying to play out from the back using a keeper who’s diabolical at that job, and equally diabolical in commanding his box. (typically that can hurt you when the defence has ‘commanding the box’ problems of their own) Unusually though he actually made a save in this one so there’s that positive.
This style of play at goal kicks, playing across the back line and being put under pressure right away leads to mistakes.

Poor performance against a poor team yet they found a way again.
As usual Morelos is above criticism despite being rank rotten again.
We need a rich investor or a miracle.
The old comfort blanket again, we been 2nd best and have an uphill task to change it.

Kent and Morelos have been poor a year, not two seasons.
I see we’re back to the Tavernier can’t defend nonsense again.
Better players than James Tavernier have made big errors in big games.
But it is happening all too often. How many match threads have we said we have lost goals from down Tav's side when he has been left wanting?

We are bound to gift them at least one goal and we are pretty much guaranteed to miss a sitter.

On the plus side at least our Manager and Players haven’t been talking absolute sh*te before this match.

F*ck knows what will happen can only hope.
Unfortunately, you were spot on.

This isn’t a knee-jerk reaction, I haven’t thought he was good enough for a long time, but I hope that was Sakala’s last game for us. Lovely guy and I wish him well, but final ball not good enough.

I’m still trying to come to terms with the goal we let in. My good lady has tied a dishcloth under my chin, to pull my lower jaw back up. I have a neat little bow on top of my head.
Players standing looking for a foul, nobody takes responsibility, leaves it to someone else as usual, boy nips in and crosses the ball to nobody in particular.
We have three 6ft plus players standing “covering,“ one of whom can use his hands.
Jota, all of 5ft 9” was standing a couple of yards out, behind Tav.
Lo and behold he decides to try and attack said cross and runs past Tav, who is admiring the wet sheen on the ball, doesn’t see him coming, and does nothing to impede his progress, with Connor, unaware of this concept, statuesque, hoping the ball won’t ruin his quiff.
Jota, 5ft 9” soars above these 6 footers, even the one who can use his hands, and nods the ball into the net from about 4 yards.
The one who can use his hands was making mid air star shapes on the line. Sadly, the ball didn’t hit him.

This is now way beyond a joke, it won’t do, it really won’t.
As of now I don’t want any of them mouthing off in the media, attending press conferences or posting shite on social media.
Stow the platitudes and the “it’ll be all right on the night” shite. We’ve heard it ad naseam. Just STFU until you have mastered the basics of playing football.

Yes, drop him.
Just tell me how we replace his positive contribution.
Also if we’re dropping Tavernier for that error, we need to drop Barisic, Souttar, Davies, Goldson and a host of others too.
We absolutely need to do major work on the forward line.

We need a no9 and a winger at least, no argument there.
I havent come to this conclusion based on 1 or 2 mistakes from Tav, I just think he has had his time and we should have activated plans to replace him, and others, at least 1 season ago.

Accepting glaring defensive inadequacies like today and most of this season from this defence is not sustainable. For all his attacking play, we are not winning the games that matter. I’m not saying he is the only one.

Of our back line, I would only keep Goodson to be honest. I do however know you can’t change them all at the same time. I’m simply saying we need to do better than the current version of Tav the defender so start making the change in the summer.

I want to look forward to a future with serious changes to this squad. If we think he is our biggest threat going forward, move him into midfield and get a new player in at RB to defend.

Given the last 4 OF games, we could all ave wrote the match report today, a gifted goal and failure to take chances. We are completely incompetent in either 18 yard box and I’m sick and tired watching the same mistakes from the same players.

Won’t say we deserved to win the game in the 90mins but a draw would have been reasonable - and then to penalties. Could well have been ours!
Thought Cantwell, Raskin, Arfield, Goldson and Davies (yes Davies) were the pick of the bunch today.

Never been as close to just rapping it all together as I have after this binfire of a season. Sick to death of wasting time and money to watch a bunch of serial losers fold at every given opportunity. Pathetic.

It's worth noting that Morelos used to play in midfield before transitioning to his current position, while Tillman has been deployed as a forward by Bayern. I suggest doing some research on football to gain a better understanding of these positional changes before we continue our discussion.
Great attitude, that how you treat a fellow Bear? You sound like one of them.

My point isn't whether they can play in those positions. My point is that we shouldn't be turning on our new manager who has limited choices from the squad he's inherited.

No we don't really get to see others taking corners or freekicks. The last one I remember having such a monopoly was Albertz, Tav couldn't even lace his boots.
That’s because Tavernier rules the roost.
Nobody is allowed to take free kicks in training either just incase they are found to be good at them.

That’s because Tavernier rules the roost.
Nobody is allowed to take free kicks in training either just incase they are found to be good at them.
I sense the tongue in cheek comment there but yes he does have far too much responsibility for attacking, his defensive responsibility though, is next to nothing.

Great attitude, that how you treat a fellow Bear? You sound like one of them.

My point isn't whether they can play in those positions. My point is that we shouldn't be turning on our new manager who has limited choices from the squad he's inherited.
I'm pointing out to you facts nothing more.
We should never have gone for a manager who had not won in his last five games at QPR with no experience.
We had just come from getting to a European cup final and qualifying for the Champions League and winning the Scottish cup, Surely we should have set our sights higher than Beale.

I sound like one of them, that's a bit weird since you have just joined here and I've been a member since this place was in threaded form.

Back