Match Thread Rangers v Celtic - 13:30 Sunday - Viaplay Sports

Mental that folk think the defence doesn't need surgery like the rest of the side. We need an entire new defence. Try and at least get a solid foundation, who are switched on and follow opposition players. We'll go nowhere unless the defence/keeper are removed. 5/5 of them need replaced. Harsh but true.
Including Goldson ?

Honestly its not that diificult to tell players every ball must be won. Also every referee will be out to fk you up as much as possible. That should be the starting point for every game - especially against them.
If you cant execute that, then maybe you shouldnt be at Rangers.
For further motivation , all you need is to show pics of that wee smarmy fud McGregor and you should have all the motivation you need.

I'm pointing out to you facts nothing more.
We should never have gone for a manager who had not won in his last five games at QPR with no experience.
We had just come from getting to a European cup final and qualifying for the Champions League and winning the Scottish cup, Surely we should have set our sights higher than Beale.

I sound like one of them, that's a bit weird since you have just joined here and I've been a member since this place was in threaded form.
Settle down Adolf, nobody is here to take your forum or your jobs or whatever

Usual baby out with the bath water in here,Beale has been firefighting since the day he came in and inherited a low in confidence and unmotivated squad
5 goals in 3 out of the 4 filth games have come from a collection of errors that under 10s would be ashamed to concede
Personally i think he has done well tactically against the filth only to be let down by costly mistakes right through the team
Big Summer for Beale but he needs a couple of ruthless bassas in to compliment any of the talent he keeps

Enough is enough, the boardroom fecked off, our defence has fecked off, our strikers have fecked off and our midfield is non-existent when up against this mob. Really is looking like we need to stop and restart how we will be able to mount any credible challenge against them, given the financial resources we obviously don't have.

Usual baby out with the bath water in here,Beale has been firefighting since the day he came in and inherited a low in confidence and unmotivated squad
5 goals in 3 out of the 4 filth games have come from a collection of errors that under 10s would be ashamed to concede
Personally i think he has done well tactically against the filth only to be let down by costly mistakes right through the team
Big Summer for Beale but he needs a couple of ruthless bassas in to compliment any of the talent he keeps
Well Beale should be getting the players to cut out the mistakes, it is not the odd one, it is against any half decent team. We only need to go back to last Sunday never mind other games.

What is really hurting is that it is almost certain they will overtake our overall trophy haul next season and we will no longer be able to claim to be the world’s most successful club never mind Scotland’s.

Just back from the game and totally depressed. We really need to stop waiting to go behind before we start playing. First half was poor although they weren't much better really. Second half (yet again) was much better.

We'd no luck as usual, but the goal was a nightmare. It's the same time after time. They take quick free kicks and throw-ins, Hart gets it moving quick, they press us in and mark up when we have a throw in. We do the opposite of all that. The lack of concentration and speed of thought in our players is extraordinary.

It wasn't the disastrous performance many on here are making out though. We were a couple of inches away from an equaliser and fwiw I think if we'd got it we'd have gone on to win. But we need to get players using their brains for the whole game - not switching off all the time.

Kent had an absolute shocker of a game and Morelos was pretty ineffective throughout (I've been their biggest fan but even I think it's time to say goodbye now), but most of the rest did their jobs to a greater or lesser extent. Losing Tillman didn't help. I thought Cantwell worked his socks off but Tav was our mom by some way. I honestly can't believe it when people on here are wanting rid of him - I'm not sure who they see out there who is better at a price we can afford?

Anyway we will regroup and next season we will smash those mhanky cnuts (and this season we've also got the league-over-so-noone-cares match to come which we will inevitably win 3-0)

Do you really think that we can afford to replace that number, of players.
This place will be fun in the summer if they genuinely think anything like that turnaround is going to happen.

We had the best financial year in the club's history and are still skint and we've no saleable assets, it'll be a summer of bosmans and project players and some sales for undisclosed fees

He’s fair turned it about though!

Well Beale should be getting the players to cut out the mistakes, it is not the odd one, it is against any half decent team. We only need to go back to last Sunday never mind other games.
Im sure he has been trying to mate but the errors can come from anyone of the 11 and its not really a case of dropping one guy for his own good
Be lucky to see a good Rangers team of the past make an error like today once a season

Bad defending once again for their goal
We never learn
Hopefully a massive clear out of first team during summer
Had a ticket for north stand unfortunately too close to them

Said before game, it was the wrong team he picked. We should have went with pace. Kent was awful. Beale. Fucked up today

I don’t think we were that bad today but I guess it’s that kind of thinking that’s got us here. Perennial losers.

Really? I remember the league cup final & we looked lost.

Honestly wonder what people are watching.

Tactics today weren't up to much either

2nd half was way better, but we had no bite. The balls into the centre were delivered more with hope than quality. There didn’t seem to be a plan as to how to effectively unlock their defence. Sakala managed to break through once, but yet again, missed a sitter with the follow-up. Their goal was groundhog day. Beale has his work cut out to convince our team that we can beat these tärriers.

Why is that the go to response to someone having an opinion that a more experienced manager would have been a better option?
I hear what you are saying mate. I’m hurting tonight like the rest of us. I don’t know who we could have brought in. But Beale has to be given the summer to clear out the deadwood and bring in his own type of player.

Browsed quickly through the pages. There's a reason why one don't post on match threads. I'm as fekkin gutted as y'all but right now I'm gonna chill out and reflect. Thankfully I have tomorrow off as a holiday.

We were playing with 2 men down in Kent and Morelos, the rest of the team did ok ,Sakala is a nightmare but would rather he was upfront over Morelos, thought Barasic played a blinder.

The worst thing about today is that we were the better team over the 90 minutes.
A very ordinary Celtic team are currently the best in Scotland and we have to turn it round sooner rather than later.

They try to get games won in the first hour by overpowering their opponents.
Motherwell showed how to play them last weekend and managed to get a well earned draw.
If you can stay with them they fall away after an hour and run out of steam.
That’s the reason that they are unable to compete in Europe and can’t win many games in European competitions.
They are like STV, they only work in Scotland.

We've now got 5 games left that other than playing for a bit of pride are pretty meaningless, we need to be giving some of the B team a chance to prove themselves, if the likes of Kent and Morelos can't be arsed on days like today that actually mean something then they're hardly going to bust a gut over the next 5 matches, time to bite the bullet and get them to %^*& out of the squad.

Get a fkn grip man. Wasted 45 with superstar Kent wasting a jersey...... And also when the %^*& is something getting done about they cunts getting "INJURED" when it suits them. Froggy eyes Johnstone blatently fouls borna, fucks his own and borna's leg then hobbles off..... result throw in scum.
Are you drunk,who is defending Kent.I never mentioned him.
I think his display and getting hooked spoke for itself and he didn't get 80 mins to prove his point like Morelos.
And the scum were at their usual play acting ,shockaroonie,not really a surprise is it .
Weird post

A team of losers, and some that can’t last 90 minutes. And others that know they are gone that are chasing money that gave up a long time ago.
Hopefully the right manager can be appointed. Probably around Christmas or just after.
At least that c--- Wilson won't be here guiding the recruitment process next time around.

Including Goldson ?

Mental that folk think the defence doesn't need surgery like the rest of the side. We need an entire new defence. Try and at least get a solid foundation, who are switched on and follow opposition players. We'll go nowhere unless the defence/keeper are removed. 5/5 of them need replaced. Harsh but true.
We've had some great times and not many trophies with the rampaging fullbacks approach. Maybe it's time we actually built a defence that doesn't give away goals.

Tale as old as time that successful teams are built on solid defences.

I don't know how we achieve this without getting rid of most of the defence we have.

I'd be gutted to lose Tav but maybe it's time for a new approach

Back