Ryan Kent- has to stay

Classic empty Jersey. Has failed to deliver in the 2nd half of the season. I want him gone. I don't want to see him in the team again.

Shouldn't play for the club again, suspect he will though before departing in summer.

Hugely frustrating player.

Make him a sub against the sheep, get him warming up every 5 minutes so we all can say our farewells to him.

After yesterday I’d just give Matondo the left sided spot and leave Kent benched.
Offered nothing, he’s been dire this season, and most times when he’s on it he beats a man, misses a glaring opportunity to put someone through, then turns and tries to beat the same man again.
Thanks for 55 and tearing up the EL but it’s time to move on.
I worry about matondo’s tracking back ability in the bigger games. Kent is usually very good at that part even when he wasn’t playing well on the ball (yesterday aside as he didn’t want to be there yesterday).

Looks to me like Beale thought he could get the Morelos and kent that he had under Gerrard and he would spark them back into life.

They have let him and support down, and I cannot believe I am saying this but I will be glad to see the back of both them.

i wouldn't even keep them on reduced terms.
They should never play for the club again, absolutely nothing to gain from it.

Play Matondo, Yilmaz etc to see if we can get a tune out of them.

He’s only had 2 seasons where he’s contributed enough final product expected of a forward player for rangers and after yesterday he wasn’t interested he can go he doesn’t want to be here

I worry about matondo’s tracking back ability in the bigger games. Kent is usually very good at that part even when he wasn’t playing well on the ball (yesterday aside as he didn’t want to be there yesterday).
We either play Matondo and see how he gets on or we stick with the guy that’s leaving in a few weeks. Makes no sense for me but to try Matondo. If he’s garbage we at least know we need to punt him.

We either play Matondo and see how he gets on or we stick with the guy that’s leaving in a few weeks. Makes no sense for me but to try Matondo. If he’s garbage we at least know we need to punt him.
I don’t disagree and we should try alternatives to Kent - I’m simply observing matondos likely limitations in the bigger matches

I don’t disagree and we should try alternatives to Kent - I’m simply observing matondos likely limitations in the bigger matches
Unfortunately we have no big matches left to play. Matondo should be given a run in last few games, even if, as a previous poster said, it’s just to confirm he’s not the answer.

I commented on another thread regarding Kent. IMO he’s probably one of our worst ever wingers.

People have been blinded by a few good games against them and a slap on Scott Brown

I’ll be glad to see the back of him.

For what we paid, it’s money wasted
There's been little of what we've spent on all players has been wasted our recruitment has been almost entirely woeful.

I commented on another thread regarding Kent. IMO he’s probably one of our worst ever wingers.

People have been blinded by a few good games against them and a slap on Scott Brown

Tore it up on our European run last year so I'll say your comment of him being one of our worst EVER wingers, is pish.

Tore it up on our European run last year so I'll say your comment of him being one of our worst EVER wingers, is pish.
He isnt one of our worst wingers ever, he also never tore it up in our euro run.

He had a few games he was exceptional, he had a few games were he was ok and he had a few games he was posted missing.

The same old story of Kent to be fair.
Turns it on when he can be bothered and cannot be relied upon.

Spot on. This can't be allowed to happen again. I also think we as a support need to accept that and not spit the dummy out when the club start selling our best players.
If there is any doubt players will not re-sign with 24 months left, they should be sold. Otherwise as you say we end up going into the last 12 months with a lack of desire.

But with 3 year contracts .... we get one year, then out? It's a fine line.

If there is any doubt players will not re-sign with 24 months left, they should be sold. Otherwise as you say we end up going into the last 12 months with a lack of desire.

But with 3 year contracts .... we get one year, then out? It's a fine line.
Completely agree .

Ryan Kent has had some really great moments in his Rangers career, but they were a while ago now and domestically he hasn't lived up to his billing for two seasons.

Until recently I've been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I'm over that now. I would really rather he didn't play for us again. Give the shirt to Matondo until the end of the season so that we can at least see if he has anything.

Better players than Morelos and Kent have tainted their legacy by checking out early. I don't think Kent will amount to much elsewhere, I would fancy Alfie's chances better if he can get himself into some kind of shape.

Even til the end some will make excuses for the imposter

He’s a complete fraud who should never kick another ball for us

We gain nothing in next 5 games playing him, Morelos and probably 3 or 4 others
It’s not an excuse. I don’t think he’ll continue here but he was definitely injured yesterday. Regardless of levels of ineffectiveness

We paid £7 million for him on the back of that scintillating performance against them in December 2018.

And ludicrously, I still think that’s the best game hes played for Rangers.

He may well have been injured yesterday but his performances for a long time for a player with his skill have been dire.

One of many that have mentally checked out and our poor management not to get anything for them will have ramifications for future investment in the team.

Unfortunately we have no big matches left to play. Matondo should be given a run in last few games, even if, as a previous poster said, it’s just to confirm he’s not the answer.
Again, don’t disagree. I’ve moved on from Kent now, should t play again for us. I’m onto thinking about whether matondo might be part of the solution longer term. His chasing back/defensive actions will be a key element he’ll need to demonstrate when he gets his chances over the coming weeks

Hampden should be Kent’s last game for us.
It absolutely has to be.

There’s not one single reason the little imposter should be seen on the pitch again.

I’ve pretty much made my mind up about Beale…and if starts that fuucking fraud again he’s trolling us.

Now we are out of all the competitions there is no need to continue with Kent or Morelos around the team. It’s done. We start preparing right now for next season. Assess the players who are in the squad over next 5 games. Then a clearout allowing the wages to be spent on new players who are keen to be at Rangers and are fit and strong both physically and mentally.

or the first OF of the season when he turned his back on the throw in for the first goal

He’s flattered to deceive more than he’s produced. Best for all that he moves on. I wish him no ill, but will gladly never see him play for us again.

Occupied clothing.
Rarely does a Rangers player really bother me as much as this waster. Even his face angers me now ffs.

or the first OF of the season when he turned his back on the throw in for the first goal
My point is more about broader style of play than whether he has made mistakes/switched off before. He generally always put in a shift even if he wasn’t playing well. Yesterday was the first time I felt he simply wasn’t trying.

Part of me really wants him to stay but it's the part swayed by things like sentimentality.

It doesn't matter if we paid £7m. Resigning him on a huge contract based on that fee is sunk cost fallacy. Regardless, he already repaid that with his performances in Europe, 55 and making that mob actually fear us for a wee while.

I wish him all the best but I think it's time for us both to move on. Albeit with a heavy heart.
He has to go very poor this season if he scores its a shocking

Kent has never really been consistent across a full season however he would always have those 10-12 games every season where he would really light the place up, like Dortmund away last year.

This year he's had no more than a 6/10 in any game.

I've always hoped he would extend his contract with us and Beale could get him back to the player he was 2/3 years ago but after the last 2 games against them I've completely changed my mind and hope he never plays for us again because he's clearly no longer interested.

Would rather give Matondo a run for the last few games of the season to see if Beale can get anything out of him.

Back