Ryan Kent- has to stay

Might be a small thing but it really irritated me that he couldn't even be in club attire to say goodbye to the support when the rest were.
A player I was desperate to get at the time, he's given us moments but nowhere near enough given the money shelled out in wages and transfer fee for me.
Overall he has got nowhere near to fulfilling the early potential he showed.
I don't wish him any ill will but I'm glad to see the back of him now.

Well firstly, you’re right it can be aimed at every player, which makes sense because there really aren’t any players in this squad I’d be overly sad to see leave (except the likes of McGregor for sentimental reasons).

And not all 200 players cost a whopping £7m either, in fact none of them did because he’s been the most expensive buy during that period. With that being the case he’s rightly scrutinised more than other players (by some fans anyway). So lumping Kent in with the other 199 is pointless and a bit of a blanket argument isn’t it.
That’s fair but personally, I don’t really like putting the fee on the player. You can just whether it’s good business or not - but that judgement is against the manager/DoF IMO.

It’s probably best for both parties to part ways, but for those who assume replacing him will be easy I’ll leave a list of some of the alternatives we tried to fill his position…

Grezda
Middleton
Jones
Ojo
Barker
Stewart
Hastie
McPake
Kennnedy
Murphy
Wright
Diallo
Sakala
Matondo

Finding a creative winger who can open up packed defences won’t be a problem going by that list of guys who found it so easy
His output was comparable to some of theirs.

That other lot manage to sign effective wingers so I’d like to think it’s possible.

His output was comparable to some of theirs.

That other lot manage to sign effective wingers so I’d like to think it’s possible.
His output was much better than all of those.

He was so often the only player to start attacks and open up defenses, and his work rate back until this season was second to none.

Sadly, he just lacked the ability to score enough goals for the chances he got into

His output was much better than all of those.

He was so often the only player to start attacks and open up defenses, and his work rate back until this season was second to none.

Sadly, he just lacked the ability to score enough goals for the chances he got into

On his day he was the best attacking player we’ve seen in a Rangers shirt for a long long time.

He was outstanding in the Europa run 21/22. Sadly it all went tits up in the last season.

I'm not going to defend him as such but it didn't help having gio have him hugging the touch line and really the only creative player so every team just put two men on him. Because he was so far out there was no one around him.

Best for both him and the club that we move on and look for someone who can also take a shot.

The copeland will also be a safer seat

E1dxy8.gif

It’s awrite Wilson is confident about the contract situation.

He’s been part of the problem. Incredible that people still deny that after Celtic have just cruised to 2 in a row.

Cantwell - 6 goals in 15 league games, from midfield
Kent - 6 goals in 57 league games, from the front 3

Last edited:
He’s been part of the problem. Incredible that people still deny that after Celtic have just cruises to 2 in a row.

Cantwell - 6 goals in 15 league games, from midfield
Kent - 6 goals in 57 league games, from the front 3
Exactly and every one of our fans that have backed him to stay on here for the last few months have been wrong.

Feel like he just used us this season for games he was never signing a new deal,his performances this season were terrible ,with quite a few others as well by the way,Morelos being worse than his,glad there gone,but they both helped stop 10 in a row,so from that standpoint,I’d have paid anything to stop that.Again glad there gone.
Nobody stopped anyone from getting 10 in a row.

Of course it’s not a coincidence. How someone chooses to dress never is.
It didn’t really bother me that much, but people always go on about the club and its staff having standards so I’m not sure why Kent is seemingly above that. You do usually expect staff to be in club attire, not showing up dressed like wannabe rappers.

I liked Kent, but I’m in agreement about his attire. He was still taking a wedge from the club, knew the fans had been asked to stay behind to say goodbye; yet turns up looking like a fkin rent boy. No respect in my opinion and he can do one.
Ps. No knitting torn up here. No sleep lost. Merely a comment on what I believe to have been his disrespect to the club and fans

Just like the Lundstram assist in Dortmund, right? Or the Hagi assist against Brondby? Or the assist for Tav against Leipzig? Or the penalty wins against Dortmund or Red Star?

Why continue to be so negative even when he’s left? It’s so weird.

That’s not far off every single assist Kent had for us in his 4 years as a rangers player. :))

It's not disrespectful to turn up in your own clothes. Bizarre thing to get annoyed about

Now his performances this season...THAT'S a criticism bus I can get on board with

He’s had a poor season but to say he hasn’t looked interested is mental.

He’s had more good seasons than bad, he’s contributed to 90 goals, he’s given us 5 years, and he’s been a huge factor in us reaching our fourth ever European final.

He’s leaving - it’s over - to focus on the negatives at that stage says an awful lot more about the person.

Ryan Kent was 11 when we reached our fourth European final. Just saying.

I liked Kent aswell but had come to terms with him leaving after the league cup final.

Always appreciated his willingness to get on the ball and keep trying. I think we do just need numbers from our front players and that’s where he has been a major let down in the last 2 seasons. Cantwell has come in and 10 goal involvements in 15 games. Kent has 11 and has played double the amount of games so for me the time is right for both parties.

Great team player and I'll be over the moon if we get him tied down to a longterm deal.
Im sad to see him and Morelos go in terms of the asset loss to Rangers but the time had long come.

Its a little unfortunate someone like Kent spent so much time playing in a Team that was misfiring and horseshoeing around.

Think what he couldve done with the likes of Cantwell/Raskin/Yilmaz around him...

Equally into next season with even more new blood.

I found it interesting at the pre-Hearts presser Beale specifically said no contracts had been offered "during my time" which I took to mean Rangers had made their offers some time ago but they were rejected, presumably over wages, and subsequently the Club werent prepared to go higher on whatever said offer was. Players werent prepared to come down as they knew higher wages lay elsewhere on a Bosman.

All fair enough, just a bit of a shame as Rangers deserved better having taken these guys from complete obscurity and developed them into top performers (on their day) and allowing them to showcase that talent against some really strong Teams.

Their exits seem very flat all things considered and that doesnt feel right but its a microcosm of this entire season and past 18 months.

Im sad to see him and Morelos go in terms of the asset loss to Rangers but the time had long come.

Its a little unfortunate someone like Kent spent so much time playing in a Team that was misfiring and horseshoeing around.

Think what he couldve done with the likes of Cantwell/Raskin/Yilmaz around him...

Equally into next season with even more new blood.

I found it interesting at the pre-Hearts presser Beale specifically said no contracts had been offered "during my time" which I took to mean Rangers had made their offers some time ago but they were rejected, presumably over wages, and subsequently the Club werent prepared to go higher on whatever said offer was. Players werent prepared to come down as they knew higher wages lay elsewhere on a Bosman.

All fair enough, just a bit of a shame as Rangers deserved better having taken these guys from complete obscurity and developed them into top performers (on their day) and allowing them to showcase that talent against some really strong Teams.

Their exits seem very flat all things considered and that doesnt feel right but its a microcosm of this entire season and past 18 months.
Christ. I’m struggling to think of anyone who misfired more than Kent. The number of times he overplays or arses up the final ball is unreal, and that’s before we even get to the fact he is without a doubt one of the worst finishers I’ve ever seen at the club. He was constantly misfiring in front of goal. This isn’t a situation where Kent was being held back by his team; he himself was a huge part of the problem and letting his own team down with lots of subpar displays.

Standards.

Do you think a Richard Gough on his farewell would have turned up in that shitshow Kent turned up in last night, looking like a county lines delivery boy ??

It's no coincidence he turned up like he did. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Glad to see the back of him.
He is a strange lad anyway. It’s still seems beyond mental that we didn’t force a sale 12/18 months ago it’s rank bad management.

Christ. I’m struggling to think of anyone who misfired more than Kent. The number of times he overplays or arses up the final ball is unreal, and that’s before we even get to the fact he is without a doubt one of the worst finishers I’ve ever seen at the club. He was constantly misfiring in front of goal. This isn’t a situation where Kent was being held back by his team; he himself was a huge part of the problem and letting his own team down with lots of subpar displays.
He let himself down no doubt but he was meant to be our creative player and game changer, I think for that to be most effective you need players moving and presenting themselves and it rarely happened.

Ryan Kent didnt always play well but I feel, unlike others, he did always try and his defensive work was often overlooked. I wont suggest overall hes not been disappointing considering the outlay and his own ability, I just think we saw what he was capable of and we may see it again wherever he ends up.

That will only add to the frustration of his Rangers conclusion.

He let himself down no doubt but he was meant to be our creative player and game changer, I think for that to be most effective you need players moving and presenting themselves and it rarely happened.

Ryan Kent didnt always play well but I feel, unlike others, he did always try and his defensive work was often overlooked. I wont suggest overall hes not been disappointing considering the outlay and his own ability, I just think we saw what he was capable of and we may see it again wherever he ends up.

That will only add to the frustration of his Rangers conclusion.
I always appreciated his defensive work, he did a fair bit of it in his time here, remember noticing it more or less right from the start when he put in a brilliant shift away to Ufa. But domestically? just way too many subpar performances for me and given the sort of cash we invested in him I thought his overall domestic return wasn’t really acceptable.

Back