Ryan Kent- has to stay

His lack of effort on the pitch since February when he knew he was off has really annoyed me.

Said on other post, he is lucky as a lot of of supports would have chased guys like him off the park who are pi$$ing off on a Bosman and clearly chucked it months ago, walking around for a lap of honour after a grim season of winning nothing.

He will realise every soon at the next club he goes to, mediocrity beckons.

He scored the first goal of the 55 season up at Aberdeen and set us away with 3 points in a game that in previous seasons we had dropped points.
He scored on the weekend we actually won that league.
Knocked in some smashing goals against Celtic in his time, including this year.
Without him we don’t get to Seville, his contributions against Leipzig and Dortmund in particular were out of this world.

Good luck for the future Ryan.
This
Folk just want to be negative for sake of it.

Statistics don't tell the full story because quite simply he's involved in everything positive that we do.

Workrate immense as well.

Great team player and I'll be over the moon if we get him tied down to a longterm deal.
Let out a massive sigh of relief there that this was a bump.:))

Interesting to see how his career now develops. Get the feeling the pressure of the last few years playing for a club with huge expectations has completely drained him and he needs a new start.

Always thought he had the potential to be a top player but he has never consistently been able to add the end product to his game that is needed.

I expect he will realise soon that playing for Rangers was the peak of his career

Was there any truth in him going to Turkey?

Feel like he could go to either Coventry or Luton depending on who wins the play off.

He was one of the few players we've had recently who had it in them to change a game and he did that a few times.

However, for the majority of his Rangers career he was a 5 or 6 out of 10, so for me its best he's leaving.

It frees up some significant wages and hopefully can replace him with someone who's hungrier and more consistent.

I wish him all the best as he was a huge part of the Europa run last season and also in the 55 season.

He'll probably get quite a few offers and will be interesting to see how he does in another league.

Beale should’ve chased him turning up like that last night infact I would fine him his last months wage fucking snake charming wee lady's front bottom

Really like kent but his heart doesn't look like its in it anymore. Think its time for a change. For all the talent he has, the numbers aren`t good enough

He had his moments in some big games, particularly in Europe.
But like Morelos offering big wages and a long contract based on their performances in the past year would have been risky to say the least as there would have been no guarantee of them finding anything like their previous form.
It would have been sensible to have sold them last summer obviously but there was no interest in them,or none reported anyway so we can't sell when there is nobody offering the money for them.
They have made their mark while here but it's the right decision for all parties to go our separate ways now.
I will have a passing interest in how they get on with their next clubs out of curiosity more than anything else but I certainly won't be missing this season's versions of them.
Dreading the constant threads of "I told you so" if they are doing well/playing rubbish with whatever clubs they find themselves at in the future depending on what a poster's generally view of them was and them leaving.

Beale said they hadn't offered him or Morelos a new deal whilst he's been back.

Gio said start of season that there were talks between the club and both players about new deals
Correct so Beales came in and advised the club he doesn’t see them in his team, effectively. He said about a month ago they held talks to tell them there was no deal being offered.

Good player on hos day bit those were few and far between. He'll soon realise at his new club wherever that may be that no club is bigger than Rangers and he'll end up like Aribo, constantly on the bench and being relegated.

He scored the first goal of the 55 season up at Aberdeen and set us away with 3 points in a game that in previous seasons we had dropped points.
He scored on the weekend we actually won that league.
Knocked in some smashing goals against Celtic in his time, including this year.
Without him we don’t get to Seville, his contributions against Leipzig and Dortmund in particular were out of this world.

Good luck for the future Ryan.
I agree overall about his contribution in the past! however this season for some reason he’s simply downed tools, or switched off.

It’s quite telling that Beale , who has known Kent since he was a young lad , didn’t push the boat out and talk round a contract offer . I reckon Beale doesn’t want to risk his job on players he can’t trust to pull their weight . It’s a shame it ended this way with us as he undoubtedly has talent

Or tearing teams apart and sending us to Seville.

Winning us 55. Setting up the winner in the SCF.

Yup, he did that all by himself.
BTW the pass to Wright in the SCF that you mention was underhit, Wright done all the work.
Anyway, good luck to him, it's all downhill from here!

I never rated him that highly. His % stats of giving the ball away are appalling.

I always appreciated his off the ball tracking back, big his effectiveness and decision making were just nowhere near good enough.

Tries and fails to nutmeg folk so often, giving the ball away.

Obviously had his great games and big moments but there were long spells of weeks and months in there of producing nothing.

So the long story short is Michael Beale who has known him since he was a young lad, no longer wanted Ryan. The club did not offer Kent or Morelos a new contract and didn’t even speak to them about their decision until about a month ago! Ironically and unprofessionally that’s when both players became even more absent in their purpose. Beale and Rangers decided it was time they were moved on.

That’s how much of the support felt too!

A year or so too late!

Just like the Lundstram assist in Dortmund, right? Or the Hagi assist against Brondby? Or the assist for Tav against Leipzig? Or the penalty wins against Dortmund or Red Star?

Why continue to be so negative even when he’s left? It’s so weird.
Because he was a big £7m signing and he’s just had a shocker of a season where he hasn’t looked particularly interested and it’s coincided with what is soon to be yet another mhank treble?

No point dwelling on it fair enough, but I can completely understand why fans aren’t best pleased with him given this season and the multitude of below par domestic performances in general during his time here.

If anything sums his season up it's last night with his wee camera pouch post match very Touristy just like his Season.

MB now has only recently had the luxury to Ditch those not doing it on the park pretty much the same scenario SG & Gio didnt always have especially domestically.

the folk being negative are for the watching.

Guys moaning about what he's wearing, I mean, what the feck man :D

Defo Timposters imo
Don’t talk utter shite every single player had club gear on bar him , what’s your thoughts on manager wearing suit on touchline ?

Grown adults crying about what a player wears is right off the scale.Get a grip of yourselves ffs.

On his day a superb player. Sadly those days were small in number and pretty infrequent. I liked him and wish him well in his future.
Where were those days this season? (Not a dig at you)

It’s like a run in Europe completely f’d them. Maybe it did.

If we’d actually won it how much slack would they have been given?

Hindsight and all that

I've never seen such a good player, play regularly in a forward line for Rangers and score so few goals. His stats are just bizarre.

He's just become a luxury we cannot have anymore, if we want to win the league.

To me, it would be like going out with Henry Cavill* but the sex was crap. I mean he looks great and everything else is great but when it really counts, he's lacking. There just comes a point where you have to move on or just put up with a big disappointment after some fantastic foreplay.

* I'm quite sure most of FF can replace this with someone else.

It’s probably best for both parties to part ways, but for those who assume replacing him will be easy I’ll leave a list of some of the alternatives we tried to fill his position…

Grezda
Middleton
Jones
Ojo
Barker
Stewart
Hastie
McPake
Kennnedy
Murphy
Wright
Diallo
Sakala
Matondo

Finding a creative winger who can open up packed defences won’t be a problem going by that list of guys who found it so easy

Because he was a big £7m signing and he’s just had a shocker of a season where he hasn’t looked particularly interested and it’s coincided with what is soon to be yet another mhank treble?

No point dwelling on it fair enough, but I can completely understand why fans aren’t best pleased with him given this season and the multitude of below par domestic performances in general during his time here.
He’s had a poor season but to say he hasn’t looked interested is mental.

He’s had more good seasons than bad, he’s contributed to 90 goals, he’s given us 5 years, and he’s been a huge factor in us reaching our fourth ever European final.

He’s leaving - it’s over - to focus on the negatives at that stage says an awful lot more about the person.

I've never seen such a good player, play regularly in a forward line for Rangers and score so few goals. His stats are just bizarre.

He's just become a luxury we cannot have anymore, if we want to win the league.

To me, it would be like going out with Henry Cavill* but the sex was crap. I mean he looks great and everything else is great but when it really counts, he's lacking. There just comes a point where you have to move on or just put up with a big disappointment after some fantastic foreplay.

* I'm quite sure most of FF can replace this with someone else.
Hahaha what an analogy that is.

Bang on as well. It would be disappointing if he was a shite ride.

It’s probably best for both parties to part ways, but for those who assume replacing him will be easy I’ll leave a list of some of the alternatives we tried to fill his position…

Grezda
Middleton
Jones
Ojo
Barker
Stewart
Hastie
McPake
Kennnedy
Murphy
Wright
Diallo
Sakala
Matondo

Finding a creative winger who can open up packed defences won’t be a problem going by that list of guys who found it so easy
That's because we had a quantity over quality approach especially under Ross Wilson.

Not once did Kent have a player challenge him during his time with us that I find shocking.

Grezda
Middleton
Jones
Ojo
Barker
Stewart
Hastie
McPake
Kennnedy
Murphy
Wright
Diallo
Sakala
Matondo

He’s not a winger

I feel Ryan Kent has got a lot of unfair stick recently.

Granted, this season was not his best season, but I feel he has delivered for Rangers over his time at the club.

Similarly to a few other players, perhaps it was a "season too far".

I myself was of a "retain at all costs" mindset on a number of players, and I now recognise my thinking was wrong about that, and that the club should have allowed players like Ryan, Alfredo, and perhaps Kamara to move on when they were peaking on the park 1-2 years ago.

Despite not having his best season, I recognise his past accomplishments for us, and wish him well for the future.

On a positive note, I do think the club has learned lessons regarding Ryan and Alfredo, and will now allow players to move on when they are peaking, with a view to finding similarly high quality replacements in future. The recent example of Bassey moving on at the right time reassures me that lessons have been learned.

Last edited:
Feel like he just used us this season for games he was never signing a new deal,his performances this season were terrible ,with quite a few others as well by the way,Morelos being worse than his,glad there gone,but they both helped stop 10 in a row,so from that standpoint,I’d have paid anything to stop that.Again glad there gone.

He’s had a poor season but to say he hasn’t looked interested is mental.

He’s had more good seasons than bad, he’s contributed to 90 goals, he’s given us 5 years, and he’s been a huge factor in us reaching our fourth ever European final.

He’s leaving - it’s over - to focus on the negatives at that stage says an awful lot more about the person.
Not really. He’s went missing domestically for large stretches in a period where we’ve won very little; he contributed to 2 trophies in 5 years. I’m not one of these fans who thinks great runs in Europe makes up for them sweeping up domestically. If the negatives weren’t so significant people wouldn’t hone in on them. And I’m just thinking back to those Hampden OF games where he wasn’t exactly busting a gut for us and was probably close to being the worst player on the park.

If people want to remember his European highlights and a few dynamite OF showings and wish him well then thats absolutely fine. If other people want to be annoyed about his frequently poor domestic performances and another piss poor season (which is ongoing so won’t be forgotten about so quickly) that’s saw them claim another (probable) treble, then that’s fine too.

Not really. He’s went missing domestically for large stretches in a period where we’ve won very little; he contributed to 2 trophies in 5 years. I’m not one of these fans who thinks great runs in Europe makes up for them sweeping up domestically. If the negatives weren’t so significant people wouldn’t hone in on them. And I’m just thinking back to those Hampden OF games where he wasn’t exactly busting a gut for us and was probably close to being the worst player on the park.

If people want to remember his European highlights and a few dynamite OF showings and wish him well then thats absolutely fine. If other people want to be annoyed about his frequently poor domestic performances and another piss poor season (which is ongoing so won’t be forgotten about so quickly) that’s saw them claim another (probable) treble, then that’s fine too.
Banging on about a lack of trophies is literally something that can be aimed at every player we’ve had for over 10 years. It’s such a blanket argument that it’s pointless mentioning it.

We must have had about 200 players since we last regularly won trophies. Kent has contributed more than all bar about 5 of them, so in terms of relativity, it’s not hard to look for the good.

Banging on about a lack of trophies is literally something that can be aimed at every player we’ve had for over 10 years. It’s such a blanket argument that it’s pointless mentioning it.

We must have had about 200 players since we last regularly won trophies. Kent has contributed more than all bar about 5 of them, so in terms of relativity, it’s not hard to look for the good.
Well firstly, you’re right it can be aimed at every player, which makes sense because there really aren’t any players in this squad I’d be overly sad to see leave (except the likes of McGregor for sentimental reasons).

And not all 200 players cost a whopping £7m either, in fact none of them did because he’s been the most expensive buy during that period. With that being the case he’s rightly scrutinised more than other players (by some fans anyway). So lumping Kent in with the other 199 is pointless and a bit of a blanket argument isn’t it.

Back