Ryan Kent- has to stay

Statistics don't tell the full story because quite simply he's involved in everything positive that we do.

Workrate immense as well.

Great team player and I'll be over the moon if we get him tied down to a longterm deal.
your having a giraffe mate

Without doubt his time has gone. He was hiding yesterday. The usual fan club will be along to tell us that he played well against Dortmund but the statistics don’t lie his end product over his time here has not been worth the outlay in terms of transfer fees and wages. I would be gutted if he resigned now we need to use his wage somewhere that it will get us goals and someone who can be what we need consistently.

Yesterday was no surprise to me and would be happy if he’s no where to be seen again. A future warming benches before lower end championship mediocrity awaits him

I honestly can’t see the back of him soon enough.

And Morelos.

The pair of them are an absolute waste of space.

Never seen a player so obsessed with doing stepovers and tricks, he is fcking useless can't wait to see the back of him.

After last night the disrespect he showed by turning up looking like a ghetto boy he can fk off into obscurity.. he didn't even look upset etc.. Alfie for all his ills looked upset and atleast showed the fans that he will always have a bit of us in him even big helander wore the tracksuit..
NOW WE MOVE ON
yep i thought it was a bit of a dsgrace the way he was dressed,couldnt even make the effort

After last night the disrespect he showed by turning up looking like a ghetto boy he can fk off into obscurity.. he didn't even look upset etc.. Alfie for all his ills looked upset and atleast showed the fans that he will always have a bit of us in him even big helander wore the tracksuit..
NOW WE MOVE ON
Completely agree . I though it was very disrespectful not even to have club attire on ,instead he wanted to dress as if he was in Boyz in the hood ! He will miss us more than we miss him !

Never seen a player so obsessed with doing stepovers and tricks, he is fcking useless can't wait to see the back of him.
He was brilliant for a while. Then he just started making the wrong decisions every time. Constantly turning into trouble, awful shooting and simple passes either overhit or under hit. Crossing atrocious.

That's why he hasn't been offered a new contract. I can't see any way that he becomes what we once hoped he would. It doesn't give me any pleasure saying that. I hoped he would leave a better player than the one who came. Right now, he's not even close.

Young,
Dumb,
and full of nonsense
I feel like he never really got what it means to be a Ranger

Kevin, Perry and Ryan

NOW WE MOVE ON
Weird thing to get angry over. Something tells me that even had he worn a Rangers tracky you’d have found some reason to moan at him.

It’s confirmed he’s leaving - so how is it so difficult to take that comfort and just be thankful for whatever good times you can think of?

To continue being raging is actually frightening, and genuinely makes me concerned for the mental health of some people here. Chill out ffs.

NOW WE MOVE ON
Oh wait this is actually a thing.

Shut the fcuk up man. How insecure are you?

Aww he didn't do a wee cry for me.

Or tearing teams apart and sending us to Seville.

Winning us 55. Setting up the winner in the SCF.
He rarely tore teams apart, he never sent us to Seville - that was the team.

He didnt win us 55 alone.

Jack scored the winner in the SCF, Wright just added a second.

Weird thing to get angry over. Something tells me that even had he worn a Rangers tracky you’d have found some reason to moan at him.
Not really I was his biggest fan I was so wanting him to get back to the player we 1st saw
And yes I was angry if your told to turn up at work wearing a suit or training gear you do it not like some xtra from TOPBOY.. HOPE HE ENJOYS OBSCURITY

He rarely tore teams apart, he never sent us to Seville - that was the team.

He didnt win us 55 alone.

Jack scored the winner in the SCF, Wright just added a second.
I'm happy Kent has gone but let's not rewrite history re: getting to Seville, he was unbelievable in that run. Culminating in a brilliant performance at home to Leipzig where he set up 2 of the 3 goals.

Unfortunately the consistency isn't there with him and when we look across the city and see the likes of Jota scoring and creating v us, yet our own creative wide man isn't doing it v them or anyone else for that matter then the writing was on the wall for him.

Kent has been a fantastic player for us. At times he was completely central to anything positive.

A poor last few months, seems to have been injury driven to some extent.

Guy has given us his all and owes us nothing, unlike some others that have downed tools (Kamara, Morelos).

Strange choice of next club, but wish him well

He scored the first goal of the 55 season up at Aberdeen and set us away with 3 points in a game that in previous seasons we had dropped points.
He scored on the weekend we actually won that league.
Knocked in some smashing goals against Celtic in his time, including this year.
Without him we don’t get to Seville, his contributions against Leipzig and Dortmund in particular were out of this world.

Good luck for the future Ryan.

So the long story short is Michael Beale who has known him since he was a young lad, no longer wanted Ryan. The club did not offer Kent or Morelos a new contract and didn’t even speak to them about their decision until about a month ago! Ironically and unprofessionally that’s when both players became even more absent in their purpose. Beale and Rangers decided it was time they were moved on.

That’s how much of the support felt too!

So the long story short is Michael Beale who has known him since he was a young lad, no longer wanted Ryan. The club did not offer Kent or Morelos a new contract and didn’t even speak to them about their decision until about a month ago! Ironically and unprofessionally that’s when both players became even more absent in their purpose. Beale and Rangers decided it was time they were moved on.

That’s how much of the support felt too!

Opinion or fact?

His goal in Braga away will always be remembered especially my sons first European game away and celebration after the game
Remember their ballboys even joining in when our fans signing after final whistle

I’m of a mind to agree with those commenting on his dress.

It is lazy and disrespectful I think. But those two words could apply to the guy wearing the clothes too.

Kent was plucked from obscurity by Rangers and now he returns to obscurity. He’ll quickly realise about 3 weeks into his new club it’s not like being at Rangers

He was a frustrating player to watch at times ...you knew he could produce a bit of magic when the team were struggling .. wish him all the best wherever he ends up ...we move onwards and upwards

Fact, it was what Beale stated the other day.

Beale said they hadn't offered him or Morelos a new deal whilst he's been back.

Gio said start of season that there were talks between the club and both players about new deals

Good luck to the guy.

Gave us some great moments.

But there’s no getting away from it his signing was a financial disaster. Second most expensive signing, approximately £12m invested including fee and wages and not a penny in return.

I know people will argued value of contributions in Europe, winning 55 etc but we can’t operate like that. When we invest sums like we did on Kent we need the on the field contributions which generate revenue as well as returning transfer fees. It’s the only way a club like ours can be successful.

Easily in the top 10 worst pieces of business (emphasis on the business part) that we’ve ever done. That’s mostly on the board and sporting director though.

Back