Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was indeed Nice he was going to....

Deal agreed for Kamara
Ross Barkley became available on a free.
Nice agreed to sign Barkley so they could use money for Kamara on a striker
Nice then tried to lowball us for Kamara
Nice striker deal fell through
Was then too late to do the Kamara deal
Kamara took a huff
Nice signed Barkley after the deadline.
Raskin deal fell through.

There was private flights to Nice and Liege booked for Glasgow on deadline day so this all seems plausible.
Ok so not really our fault. Hopefully things work out better for us this year. I’m pleased with who we seem to be looking at now.

Don’t know if it was covered earlier today but I was reading the transcript of Beale’s interview today on Rangers Review and saw this right at the end:

Timeline for new arrivals?

There might be another one in the first week of June. But any players that we are signing permanently are in contract and will be after the 14th of June.

Suggestion that the early June announcement will be a loan signing, and the others we will have to wait until the window officially opens for any announcements? Maybe even until the players contracts actually expire (it’s 1 July in England). I had been expecting the announcement of Sterling and Butland (if he’s coming) to be made as soon as their clubs had played their last game.

Tillman?

Don’t know if it was covered earlier today but I was reading the transcript of Beale’s interview today on Rangers Review and saw this right at the end:

There might be another one in the first week of June. But any players that we are signing permanently are in contract and will be after the 14th of June.

Suggestion that the early June announcement will be a loan signing, and the others we will have to wait until the window officially opens for any announcements? Maybe even until the players contracts actually expire (it’s 1 July in England). I had been expecting the announcement of Sterling and Butland (if he’s coming) to be made as soon as their clubs had played their last game.

found the quote it’s right at the end of the Rangers Review video, the official Rangers press conference cut off the part.

13.30mins in

I honestly don't understand that from Beale.

14th June is the day we can register them but surely we could announce them before that if we've got them in the bag ?

Just seems every year there has to be some sort of obstacle we seem to have to navigate every time we do transfer business.

Think everything points to Butland with Beale saying announcement first week in June (Fa Cup final is June 3rd) to add further he said a goalkeeper would be announced in the next 10 days.
Makes sense. Only thing that makes me question it is that quote where he says any permanent deals would have to wait until the window opens on 14 June. Butland, presumably, would be a permanent deal.

I honestly don't understand that from Beale.

14th June is the day we can register them but surely we could announce them before that if we've got them in the bag ?

Just seems every year there has to be some sort of obstacle we seem to have to navigate every time we do transfer business.
Confusing, eh? I took it as, potentially, a loan deal in the next week but nothing else until 14 June. Provided we get as many as possible in for pre-season it shouldn’t be a problem (except for the impatient b*stards on here).

Reactions: SDF
Ike Ugbo was at Ibrox tonight.

Source: My mate who was there and saw him:)
Interesting, thanks for sharing

I don’t think he matches up with the experience Beale suggested he was looking for today.

His stats aren’t the best but playing in a much better league than ours for one of the worst teams in the league.

Scored goals in Belgium

Interesting, thanks for sharing

I don’t think he matches up with the experience Beale suggested he was looking for today.

His stats aren’t the best but playing in a much better league than ours for one of the worst teams in the league.

Scored goals in Belgium
Applies to Sakala and Matondo, to be fair!

Confusing, eh? I took it as, potentially, a loan deal in the next week but nothing else until 14 June. Provided we get as many as possible in for pre-season it shouldn’t be a problem (except for the impatient b*stards on here).

Or possibly he means guys we are paying a transfer fee for will be after 14th June ?

I just don't see the issue in being able to announce(if they're coming) Sterling and Butland before the window opens ?

Makes sense. Only thing that makes me question it is that quote where he says any permanent deals would have to wait until the window opens on 14 June. Butland, presumably, would be a permanent deal.
The quote from Beale from the video
“Any player that we are signing Permanently that are obviously in contract will be after the 14th”

I think he means players for transfer fees that are not Bosmans we need to wait until June 14th. But that’s just my interpretation.

Or possibly he means guys we are paying a transfer fee for will be after 14th June ?

I just don't see the issue in being able to announce(if they're coming) Sterling and Butland before the window opens ?
I expected the Sterling/Butland (if it happens) announcements early as well.

@stephen ferris has added some additional detail above. I didn’t listen to the interview just read the transcript in the Rangers Review. Seems the actual wording was very slightly different so who knows wft he meant LOL.

The clues we have from Beale. Think it’s likely at least 1 of the strikers will be playing in Serie A

Striker playing in Serie A.
Not a Veteran.
Played in Champions league, europa or conference League.
Played for a big club.
Competed for a league title.
In our price Range.

Possible options for me
Christian Kouamé
Cyriel Dessers
David Okereke
Eldor Shomurodov
Ola Solbakken (not really a striker but maybe that Sakala support striker type role)
Erik Botheim
Antonio Sanabria
Federico Bonazzoli
Divock Origi
Andrea Belotti

Any other players who meet this criteria?
I'm reading through the bold part and hearing the voice of Loyd Grossman ringing in my ears, and expecting to hear "Who'd live in a house like that"

Beale was quite clear today.

Looking at experienced players who are not veterans but at some stage have played at a big club and faced the pressure to win games every week.

I reckon we sign a couple of players who are late 20's. Maybe even early 30's. Along with a few early to mid 20's.
I think we'll sign a couple, depending on Davies situation, centre halves of a certain age where they are happy to play for a big club at that stage of their career but not demand a transfer fee or big wages.

I think we'll sign a couple, depending on Davies situation, centre halves of a certain age where they are happy to play for a big club at that stage of their career but not demand a transfer fee or big wages.
Beale has mentioned a couple of times about this summer getting a loan with option to buy. I could see someone like Auston Trusty fitting this description.

Kamara ?!?!?

C'mon it's Friday night and we've all been drinking. Surely we can get 20 pages on why this means he's clearly staying ?
Bailey rice also kicking about. Think they had various pals playing on the pitch like the triple01 boys, that's all.

There was defo someone being shown around but got told it was a b team signing.

Beale has mentioned a couple of times about this summer getting a loan with option to buy. I could see someone like Auston Trusty fitting this description.
I don’t think he has ever said that but I do remember him saying loans weren’t an option and if it happened he would need to explain to the fans why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back