Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agent probably knows Beale from
São Paulo tbf B-):eek:
He’s the sort of player I could have seen us getting on a loan if he had a year or so left on his deal with Spurs paying part of the wages. But he’s still only 30 and I reckon on a free he’ll easily get £100k again for another club.

Agent probably knows Beale from
São Paulo tbf B-):eek:
Won't be long till one of the papers sticks an article up all based on a post on follow follow.

Brazilian ace Lucas Moura to jet into Glasgow for crunch talks with Rangers as Beale looks to add flair to new look squad ahead of next season.

There’s been wires crossed somewhere. Maybe Beale was trying to cut a deal to watch a George Lucas Moura-vie on Disney+. He’s never seen Phantom Menace so it would make sense.

Who’s Lucas?

IMG-0542.jpg

He’s the sort of player I could have seen us getting on a loan if he had a year or so left on his deal with Spurs paying part of the wages. But he’s still only 30 and I reckon on a free he’ll easily get £100k again for another club.

He’s at spurs, so was Defoe, you never know what he says about us to players in England. Might say a few good things about us.

Archie Brown rumour, FC Lausane-Sport, looks a good shout 6ft 3in LB/CH played 17 games at LB & 15 games at CH this season. 5 goals from LB position. Would fit in with Beale looking for versatile players.

Archie Brown rumour, FC Lausane-Sport, looks a good shout 6ft 3in LB/CH played 17 games at LB & 15 games at CH this season. 5 goals from LB position. Would fit in with Beale looking for versatile players.
us and the scum were mentioned as being 'interested' the other day

Not disputing Moura is a talented player but I honestly think 2012 has completely skewed most fans' mentality of who we are. Added to the fact of the Premiership hype and we get all giddy at the prospect of any known player joining us. Moura hasn't double figures in his last 100+ games. Can only imagine the reaction back in the day of signing de Boer etc. It was the same with Ramsey too

Archie Brown sounds like a kids comic character. Another day, another groundless rumour.

Id be happier with hearing about 1 or 2 more exits before 1 or 2 more signings.

The new players will come in time, Rangers harder job is to get rid of the deadwood squad players.
Ordinarily I'd agree. We fans often get impatient to add to the squad before we have even lost the players that they are to replace. It's just unrealistic to expect the club to add to the wage bill without guaranteeing the players will leave (or securing frees for outgoings to fund better incomings).

... But with Helander, Morelos, Kent, Morelos and Arfield 5 big names out the door the very moment new players can be registered at the start of the window, there is reasonable expectation that we can and should see some significant incomings before we see any additional outgoings.

We need some very important squad players bedded in asap!

What is Ugbo’s credentials? To me, going by Wiki, looks half decent scoring record in ok leagues but never really hit big numbers. Last season 2 goals…

Notice that Burnley rumoured to be interested as well…. must have something?

Did nobody watch/listen/read the press conference yesterday? When speaking about the forward positions Beale said that we need good pedigree and players who have played in big leagues near the top of the table. Points to the more experienced players coming in. Yes, we might sign some young players as squad players but the main players won’t be Ugbo type players

Won't be long till one of the papers sticks an article up all based on a post on follow follow.

Brazilian ace Lucas Moura to jet into Glasgow for crunch talks with Rangers as Beale looks to add flair to new look squad ahead of next season.
Journos waiting for a glimpse of Lucas Moura at arrivals and Matt Lucas steps off the flight

Desser is the sort of guy that people will be raging we don't get, despite the fact we were never actually linked with him anywhere.

And the fact no one has actually seen him play :)

I love the transfer thread hype cycle.

1) Foreign player we’ve never heard of gets mentioned.
2) Excitement builds as the player looks like a star on YouTube. He’s brilliant. We must have him.
3) Other clubs rumoured to be interested in the player. Nervousness enters the room.
4) Airport, Homebase, Ear watch commences.
5) Becomes clear that there never was interest and/or the player is not coming.
6) He’s shite.
7) And repeat, sometimes for the same player in 4-5 transfer windows as we keep believing.

I may have missed a few stages.

Tbf, the poster simply said he had been offered to us and a number of other clubs by his agent
We are probably offered plenty of players though but wages will be the major obstacle.

Agent: Lucas is available, are you interested?

Rangers: Of course, what salary would he be looking for?

Agent: Around £5m a year

Rangers: No thanks in that case

Like I said, never happening in a million years but the thread will be full of chat around a player we have absolutely no chance of getting because his agent has made contact with us amongst hundreds of other clubs.

Lucas Moura. Honestly man, think before you post. Never happening in a million years.

Saw the same sort of post when Barton, Bruno Alves, Ramsay and no doubt others were all mentioned.

Whilst it may be unlikely, it’s hardly beyond the realms of all possibility that a guy regularly sat on the bench of a basket case Spurs team will need to take a wage drop and may consider potential CL teams for next season.

My own personal opinion but the manager has been planning this since November when he came in.

I think the club has been very proactive and I think most if not all transfer deals are pretty much done and it's now about waiting for all the seasons to finish around the world and transfer window to open and then they will be announced.

They may have others in mind if players leave but I think that also is known internally who else is going and there's a plan for that as well.

The job for us as a support is get behind them and support the team as we always do

Just to clarify, at no point did @Cwoodloyal say Moura was signing. He mentioned wed been offered him by his agent who will have been in contact countless clubs if he's doing his properly.

Folk need to calm down with the accusations. No wonder people are reluctant to post on here about any names they hear.

Last edited:
And the fact no one has actually seen him play :)

I love the transfer thread hype cycle.

1) Foreign player we’ve never heard of gets mentioned.
2) Excitement builds as the player looks like a star on YouTube. He’s brilliant. We must have him.
3) Other clubs rumoured to be interested in the player. Nervousness enters the room.
4) Airport, Homebase, Ear watch commences.
5) Becomes clear that there never was interest and/or the player is not coming.
6) He’s shite.
7) And repeat, sometimes for the same player in 4-5 transfer windows as we keep believing.

I may have missed a few stages.

Also known on here as the Ferris Wheel

Last edited:
K
Notice Beale said, when talking about Wednesdays team being picked with an eye to the players leaving, said Colak will replace Morelos in the squad and rice would replace Kamara.

Is that a clue that kamara is leaving?
Kamara has to leave, I’d also want a decent bid for Lundstram from the championship, minimum £3m would be good for each of them.

Just to clarify, at no point did @cwoodsay Moura was signing. He mentioned wed been offered him by his agent who will have been in contact countless clubs if he's doing his properly.

Folk need to calm down with the accusations. No wonder people are reluctant to post on hear about any names they hear.
It makes you wonder what other players of similar stature in the game we're offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back