Glasgow tomorrow

I had to pick up a Grandwean at one of his clubs in Cambuslang at 11.00am and take him to another in Burgher St Parkhead for 11.30am, driving through Farmcross to Parkhead wasn’t a pleasant experience, I can’t explain it but your body doesn’t feel right when your in amongst the Manky Mob, it must be the hatred that does something to your senses :(

But now there is because fans are passionate again. Fans celebrate in the streets in North American cities after every Super Bowl or every Stanley Cup.

Only here is passion for anything frowned upon.
So us and the mentally challengeds weren’t passionate before? Utter nonsense.

You also cannot even begin to compare Super Bowl/Stanley Cup celebrations to what goes on here. I lived in Canada and have been at Stanley Cup celebrations before and it is totally different to the atmosphere here. Not to mention the extra sectarian element we have here and having 2 huge clubs in the same city.

It simply cannot be the case that every single year either us or them go into the centre after winning the league and cause chaos. By all means celebrate yes, but there needs to be something organised or put in place so that there isn’t people just running riot.

You also cannot even begin to compare Super Bowl/Stanley Cup celebrations to what goes on here. I lived in Canada and have been at Stanley Cup celebrations before and it is totally different to the atmosphere here. Not to mention the extra sectarian element we have here and having 2 huge clubs in the same city.

It simply cannot be the case that every single year either us or them go into the centre after winning the league and cause chaos. By all means celebrate yes, but there needs to be something organised or put in place so that there isn’t people just running riot.
Exactly Glasgow Green for them and Bellahouston park for us would be suitable places to allow for celebrations.

I get why it happens but it never used to. Both teams just celebrated in the stadium pre 55. If it wasn't for covid I don't think George square happens either. We would have all went to Ibrox

this is exactly right and it’s one of the costs that the politicians who restricted freedoms must be held accountable for. the genie of out of the bottle now and it’s not going back in.

Police chopper up already .every street surrounding the merchant city area blocked off with police vans .never seen so many drunken groups of kids .this will be carnage later ....but they will be portraid the jolly crackstirs

Police chopper up already .every street surrounding the merchant city area blocked off with police vans .never seen so many drunken groups of kids .this will be carnage later ....but they will be portraid the jolly crackstirs

The headline will feature “jubilant hoops fans title celebrations” and there will be passing reference to the carnage in one paragraph towards the foot of the article

this is exactly right and it’s one of the costs that the politicians who restricted freedoms must be held accountable for. the genie of out of the bottle now and it’s not going back in.
What should be happening is the council designating a park out the road as a fanzone for the day. It's gonna happen so make it glasgow green or bellahouston Park and keep it out the city centre . But of course they don't

Fans celebrating a win - its exactly the same.

And no I don’t think our football culture is as passionate as we like to pretend.

I was in town earlier. Place was jam packed with rheptiles. Went into the post office on glassford street. The unwashed are lined up waiting to get into the offsales in the shop where the post office is. I walked right past them into the shop all I heard was Haw ! how the fu*k does he get to walk straight in? I just chuckled and walked right past em.Fu*king jakeball cu*ts the lot of them. That place will be carnage later.

These will be the same people that whinge and bitch and moan about the OO walking and use excuses such as;" They take over streets stopping people from shopping & businesses having to close early" ! I feel sorry for the people that live there having to put up with that noise and smell all day and probably night!

Bet your bottom dollar, we are on the verge of our title party next year, police make a statement that city center is out of bounds and bars closed
Don't need bars to be open, and personally I would want us to take over George Square and the merchant City right up their shitey wee hovel

I am a non drinker myself but, there are pictures in the Glasgow times online edition and you can see them all staggering about with their bottles of Buckfast but ,wait a minute, its a Civic offence to drink in public in Glasgow and its always a civic offence when anyone following the bands/OO has booze and is drinking it in the streets. This might seem totally trivial but, it is just another small example of the police and GCC double standards

The rules in the city apply to all or they apply to nobody.

On the train into town for a first date and wondering why there's so many of the unwashed on it already steaming. This'll be fun!

Edit* For some reason I was convinced all the games were on sunday.

Let us all know how it goes. We are rooting for you.

I had to pick up a Grandwean at one of his clubs in Cambuslang at 11.00am and take him to another in Burgher St Parkhead for 11.30am, driving through Farmcross to Parkhead wasn’t a pleasant experience, I can’t explain it but your body doesn’t feel right when your in amongst the Manky Mob, it must be the hatred that does something to your senses :(
I know exactly what feeling you mean. Hard to explain it. I was going somewhere near their stadium last week just as they were all flooding out and felt so horrible being surrounded by them.

Not Glasgow but drove through West Calder earlier and there are tri colours on every lamppost for about 100 metres. Thought it was a staunch wee place.

I am a non drinker myself but, there are pictures in the Glasgow times online edition and you can see them all staggering about with their bottles of Buckfast but ,wait a minute, its a Civic offence to drink in public in Glasgow and its always a civic offence when anyone following the bands/OO has booze and is drinking it in the streets. This might seem totally trivial but, it is just another small example of the police and GCC double standards

The rules in the city apply to all or they apply to nobody.
Too many people drinking simply not possible for police to jail them all. They let it slide with us too in those numbers, btw.

I had the misfortune of being in Queen Streen & Central today. It was horrific. I’m glad I went incognito. Place was crawling with the vermin.

The journey back to Edinburgh was worth it though with hundreds of ladies travelling to the Harry Styles concert at Murrayfield, wearing interesting clothing, or lack thereof. Nae photos as I didn’t want to be seen as a perv photographing on a train :))

They don't let it slide with the followers at the walk, they certainly impose the rules then and that's a large number of people aswell.
No where near these numbers to be honest. I'm not condoning it but when we won 55 the police weren't stopping people drinking.

I’m sitting next to my girlfriend in the pub but we are watching the football, we will need to see Diesels working here.
Side by side with girlfriend or wife is fine in my books. I just think on any date it should be across the table. Circumstances play a part too of course e.g. watching the footy, sitting in a booth, and across from each other doesn't work in the cinema either.

Back