Sakala

King Richard

Never in my life have I been so conflicted by a player

He can look like a Sunday league player at times but then almost always influences the game with a goal or assist

I was shouting for him to be subbed after the first 15 mins against hearts then he goes and scores

Will be an important squad player next season

Same again,people go on about numbers,he’s scored goals,runs about and smiles,he’s not good enough for Rangers,not whats required,his numbers looked good this year as we’ve been crap in front of goal,he’s missed so many chances that we can’t afford to squander next season.If his numbers are that good and he is this player then we will get good bids for him?,same about a couple of others in the squad who people only look at and go on about numbers,yet no clubs ever come in for them?.we need to view his actual play and misses in games and his game play,he’s poor and not near good enough in my eyes anyway.

All he does is terrorise defences, create assists and score goals, get him tae........

Created two goals from nothing today.

People would rather a tidy player, like Kent, who contributes nothing...than someone like Sakala who scores and causes defenders all sorts of trouble, but isn't the easiest on the eye or play breaks down with him.

He can look like a Sunday league player at times but then almost always influences the game with a goal or assist

I was shouting for him to be subbed after the first 15 mins against hearts then he goes and scores

Ok.

Created two goals from nothing today.

People would rather a tidy player, like Kent, who contributes nothing...than someone like Sakala who scores and causes defenders all sorts of trouble, but isn't the easiest on the eye or play breaks down with him.
£7m man Kent gets nowhere near the amount of criticism that Sakala gets yet Sakala beats him hands down on every measurable metric.
Yes, he misses a few sitters but at least he gets himself there in the first place to miss them and he never shrinks into his shell if he's having a howler, he just keeps going until he inevitably scores!

Same again,people go on about numbers,he’s scored goals,runs about and smiles,he’s not good enough for Rangers,not whats required,his numbers looked good this year as we’ve been crap in front of goal,he’s missed so many chances that we can’t afford to squander next season.If his numbers are that good and he is this player then we will get good bids for him?,same about a couple of others in the squad who people only look at and go on about numbers,yet no clubs ever come in for them?.we need to view his actual play and misses in games and his game play,he’s poor and not near good enough in my eyes anyway.
What?

Everyone likes him but he plays as if he's got his boots on the wrong feet . He has pace but no composure and will only drop down the pecking order and continue to perplex the support . But apart from that" a like the wee guy":D

With his stats then unless you get an offer for him then you simply have to find a space in the squad for him.

Will always give you effort as a bare minimum.

His first goal today, he did the hard bit well, but with eight yards of goal in front of him, a few yards out, with only a despairing defender in front of him, he contrived to miss the gaping yards of empty net and struck the defender and the ball trickled in.
His second, the keeper was no doubt expecting him to endanger either corner flag but, unaccountably hitting the target, the ball somehow avoided a routine save.

I'm afraid he's not for me.

There was a large percentage of the support who'd get rid of him but keep Kent. The proof is in the pudding, he's a more than decent squad player who can contribute. If we had to rely on him as a first teamer all the time then we'd be done. But he has a place and there's loads of players I'd get rid of before Sakala

If he can get the weight of his knock ons right he would be a danger, but his touch is wayward.
The Zambian Ted McMinn.

The St Mirren TV comms said at one point that Sakala and Yilmaz weren't on the same wavelength, but unfortunately that's true for Sakala and most of the Rangers team. As much as he's a likeable guy, he's got about two brain cells rattling about in that head of his

Fluked his first goal today. Tore their defence apart and nearly missed by hitting the ball at a defender who nearly stopped it. Sometimes it looks like our strikers practice hitting the ball at the keeper or nearest defender because they are very good at it.

His first goal today, he did the hard bit well, but with eight yards of goal in front of him, a few yards out, with only a despairing defender in front of him, he contrived to miss the gaping yards of empty net and struck the defender and the ball trickled in.
His second, the keeper was no doubt expecting him to endanger either corner flag but, unaccountably hitting the target, the ball somehow avoided a routine save.

Brilliant haha.

Player scores 2 goals and gets criticised for scoring them.

Similar posts last week when people thought he "nearly missed" after rounding Hart.

The St Mirren TV comms said at one point that Sakala and Yilmaz weren't on the same wavelength, but unfortunately that's true for Sakala and most of the Rangers team. As much as he's a likeable guy, he's got about two brain cells rattling about in that head of his

Was that before or after Yilmaz played the pass in behind that Sakala scored from?

Also kinda goes against what Beale says...that they share a car together to and from training and are the best of pals.

We better tell St Mirren those goals don't count then. Any goal is welcome, no matter how they come about. Half our squad can't score the goals or assist like him.

Brilliant haha.

Player scores 2 goals and gets criticised for scoring them.

Similar posts last week when people thought he "nearly missed" after rounding Hart.
He very nearly did!
We better tell St Mirren those goals don't count then. Any goal is welcome, no matter how they come about. Half our squad can't score the goals or assist like him.
Anybody who gets enough game time for Rangers in this league will eventually score goals.
Colak is a vastly superior goalscorer to Sakala but does not seem to be rated much on this forum.
I think Sakala's 'likeability' influences opinion. I 'like' him too but I don't rate him as a a player any more than, say, Ally Scott in th he 1970's - that is to say that any one who plays for Rangers is worthy of respect but in perspective, some are nowhere near the required standard.

Fluked his first goal today. Tore their defence apart and nearly missed by hitting the ball at a defender who nearly stopped it. Sometimes it looks like our strikers practice hitting the ball at the keeper or nearest defender because they are very good at it.
Hardly a fluke, he did really well to make the space and got it past he keeper and under the defender. There was a good bit of fortune with the second one seeing as it was a bit of a blunder from the keeper.

But I’d trade these sorts of goals for putting the ball in the net when we really need it. Our players are great and doing it when it doesn’t matter.

He very nearly did!

Anybody who gets enough game time for Rangers in this league will eventually score goals.
Colak is a vastly superior goalscorer to Sakala but does not seem to be rated much on this forum.
I think Sakala's 'likeability' influences opinion. I 'like' him too but I don't rate him as a a player any more than, say, Ally Scott in th he 1970's - that is to say that any one who plays for Rangers is worthy of respect but in perspective, some are nowhere near the required standard.

Colak is a number 9 and Sakala isn't.

I personally don't understand the over the top criticism Colak receives either tbf but that seems to be the nature of our support.

Find it very odd that we’ve a player who has scored 2 good goals today and some posters still bending over backwards to discredit him.

Aye but he nearly missed one of them and the keeper should've done better with the other so ye canny really count them...or something.

Back