Sakala

Despite this, the defence lost about ten goals less than the scum.
However we scored over twenty less.
Goalscoring is a much bigger problem for us than conceding which, undoubtedly was bad enough.

Right enough, let's forget about the keystone cops moments in our defense cause celtic conceded more!

Created two goals from nothing today.

People would rather a tidy player, like Kent
Exactly right. When was the last time Kent received the ball in the touch line and beat 3/4 men before scoring from outside the box?

He’s not the standard I’d like, but a lot of people are definitely happy to settle for a less effective player who is a bit easier on the eye.

So, if you're getting rid of players that are responsible for us exiting cups, is Raskin on your chopping block too?

What an utterly ridiculous thing to say, did Raskin miss 2 open goals in games against them at Hampden? It’s Sakalas job to take those chances, he fails far too often

If he is a first team pick next season we can forget about improving and closing them down

What an utterly ridiculous thing to say, did Raskin miss 2 open goals in games against them at Hampden? It’s Sakalas job to take those chances, he fails far too often

If he is a first team pick next season we can forget about improving and closing them down

Raskin effectively lost us the SF

The point is it’s not Sakala that’s preventing us from being where we want to be. It’s half the squad that never turn up.
Joke tampon
It's fashion sakala that's holding us back despite his goals and insists
Considering the minutes he's played I'd say he suits our system more then colak

He was a freebie from the Belgian equivalent of St Johnstone. And folk here are suggesting they *expect* him to have a conversion rate 3x better than Haaland’s!

This board is insane. All we can establish here is some posters simply will NOT change their mind or give an inch even when the facts are slapping them in the face.

“I won’t I won’t I won’t I won’t I won’t I won’t!”
Equivalent of St Johnstone aye right Tony fibber
There was top French teams after him

There are players that can do it when the pressure is on, and ones that can't.

I don't really know how anyone can claim that Sakala has so far proved he can do it when the pressure is on. Bar forcing an own goal in a semi final.
Not claiming that.
I actually agree with you there.
I just can’t agree with the meaningless line.

I can understand why some think he may make it with us.
For me, he will cost us big games. If we are to be number 1 we need better, all over the park.
At very best, a squad player coming on from the bench. But we have limited wage funds.

He scored more than Jota, Maeda and Abada.

BTW if Jota scored Sakala's 2nd yesterday we'd have the entire msm in Scotland telling us he's a £30m target for Real Madrid.

Aye, when he missed that open goal against the scum I thought to myself, ‘it’s fine, at least he was there to miss it’. Fk off with that cack. If he’s kept it must only be as a squad filler. Hopefully get a decent cash bid and use it towards a quality forward.

It’s genuinely tedious reading how much stick Sakala gets for a couple of misses, one of which wasn’t as bad as history is now writing it to be.

It’s so clear some people only watch about 10 Rangers games a year and just isolate players entire seasons down to 1 or 2 incidents, and that’s their entire judgment of a player, it’s fucking pathetic. It’s then every thread when that player is mentioned. It is agenda driven nonsense, I mean it’s about the 6,235th screen name of it as well…you’d think it would just not be a thing now.

If Morelos was judged on his worst misses be would be a bum, he’s not because other things matter

I say all I have in “defence” of Sakala as someone who will never be his biggest fan. He’s never going to be Lionel Messi, but he can offer us more than a %^*& load of title winning squad players have.

His goals are shite and he’s lucky to score is proper brain dead chat as well

Last edited:
Aye, when he missed that open goal against the scum I thought to myself, ‘it’s fine, at least he was there to miss it’. Fk off with that cack. If he’s kept it must only be as a squad filler. Hopefully get a decent cash bid and use it towards a quality forward.
He was there to miss as much was he was to cause the Starfelt error the year before.

Kris Boyd scored big goals in big moments including cup finals that delivered silverware. Can’t recall him missing open goals in cup finals and semi finals.
Sakala has scored more goals against that lot than Boyd ever did with us

I think Sakala gets a bit of a raw deal. He can be frustrating but for a squad player, he’s chipped in with goals/assists and will continue to do so

It’s genuinely tedious reading how much stick Sakala gets for a couple of misses, one of which wasn’t as bad as history is now writing it to be.

It’s so clear some people only watch about 10 Rangers games a year and just isolate players entire seasons down to 1 or 2 incidents, and that’s their entire judgment of a player, it’s fucking pathetic. It’s then every thread when that player is mentioned. It is agenda driven nonsense, I mean it’s about the 6,235th screen name of it as well…you’d think it would just not be a thing now.

If Morelos was judged on his worst misses be would be a bum, he’s not because other things matter

I say all I have in “defence” of Sakala as someone who will never be his biggest fan. He’s never going to be Lionel Messi, but he can offer us more than a %^*& load of title winning squad players have.

His goals are shite and he’s lucky to score is proper brain dead chat as well

It's the usual suspects who constantly cite Sakala's misses but as you say, Morelos made a career of missing sitters, especially against Celtic.

Sakala has scored more goals against that lot than Boyd ever did with us

I think Sakala gets a bit of a raw deal. He can be frustrating but for a squad player, he’s chipped in with goals/assists and will continue to do so
Dead rubbers, not too dissimilar to Boyd’s solitary OF goal which also meant little in the grand scheme. Doesn’t change the fact Boyd came up with many vital goals to both win cups and help keep us either in title races or in front. You didn’t see him fluffing open goals and you certainly didn’t see him do it twice in a matter weeks both in critical games.

He’s fine as an option off the bench. But we’ve got people claiming he’s done good because he’s got x amount of goals while also claiming he isn’t a huge factor in us missing out on two pieces of silverware despite two shocking misses in two games that cost us trophies, so from what I see he’s getting a hell of an easy ride for lots of fans as opposed to a raw deal.

There were even people claiming the scum would have been happy to have him on their bench despite having the Japanese Tom daly on theirs, a player who actually manages to stick the ball in the net when it’s really needed, hence their impending treble and our shite trophyless campaign.

Unfortunately if you want to win trophies you can't have inconsistency .

Our team this season can be summed up with the word inconsistency. Apart from the defence which has largely been abysmal.
I agree he has to become more consistent

If he had a football brain he’d be world class. I’m looking forward to seeing how he’ll progress with us. I think he’ll be an important player for us next year and in the future.
I think hes already progressed a lot from last year to this and at times we've seen some exceptional goals from him.

He score all types of goals and can do so off the wing or through the middle, when hes not done that his speed and movement cause a lot of problems and create space for others. Sounds exactly the sort of flexible Forward Rangers can use.

Beale has put a lot more trust in him than Gio was ever going to and hes responded well. The Team around him are improving and being upgraded which is only going to make him even better.

Hes approaching his peak years and Im excited to see what he can do for Rangers going forward.

On his day Sakala is brilliant, but as someone highlights on a previous page we need him to be consistently that. I'm not certain about him necessarily going, but as a first choice striker/forward can he be relied upon? As an optional player, either off the bench or playing in certain games might suit us though.

Contrary to popular belief, I dont think the two chances at Hampden were particularly easy chances, especially the one in league the cup final.

Hes easily worth a place in the squad.

Let's not pretend his sitters against Celtic weren't horrific.

Fairly ambivalent towards Sakala at this point either way tbh. If he stays as a squad option then he'll contribute a decent amount of goals as jobber kryptonite. If he goes, we'll get a decent fee which can be reinvested.

One of the few players in the squad who we're actually in a really good position with.

Let's not pretend his sitters against Celtic weren't horrific.

Fairly ambivalent towards Sakala at this point either way tbh. If he stays as a squad option then he'll contribute a decent amount of goals as jobber kryptonite. If he goes, we'll get a decent fee which can be reinvested.

One of the few players in the squad who we're actually in a really good position with.

The cup final one is on the edge of the 6 yard box about 2 yards off the byeline.

Hardly van vossen level of miss.

Edit, just watched the semi final one again, that's pretty bad, much better angle and ball coming at a better pace

Last edited:
He is the only player that wants to run in behind defenses with out the ball. He is positive BUT like scott wright the arse falls out him at the last minute

He is woeful.

His 2nd half performance v Tims in League Cup Semi was a complete and utter embarrassment for a professional footballer.

We won’t win a thing with this guy in and around the first team.

Never in my life have I been so conflicted by a player

He can look like a Sunday league player at times but then almost always influences the game with a goal or assist

I was shouting for him to be subbed after the first 15 mins against hearts then he goes and scores

Will be an important squad player next season
I don't think he cuts it tbh. Although his run his numbers will surely help in the transfer market value. Hopefully get a few mil if offers come in.

I dunno if my sanity could take another season of the boy.
This is the emoji version of watching a match with Sakala.
:):(:oops::rolleyes:o_O:confused::eek::eek::D:shh::))

Last edited:
For all those who want rid, who do you recommend we get in as a squad player to improve on his return per games? Wide left player obviously, not strikers.

With Sakala it’s highly unlikely he’s suddenly going to improve. What we get with him is how it’s probably always going to be.

So we’ll continue to get games like Saturday when he cuts inside at pace past two or three defenders to score, and we’ll also get those matches when he looks like a Sunday League player with his boots on the wrong feet.

In that respect he’s nowhere near good enough to be a first choice starter, but he’s certainly a decent option off the bench.

At the same time, if someone offered us £3-4m this summer, I think we should probably take it.

Back