Sakala

Same again,people go on about numbers,he’s scored goals,runs about and smiles,he’s not good enough for Rangers,not whats required,his numbers looked good this year as we’ve been crap in front of goal,he’s missed so many chances that we can’t afford to squander next season.If his numbers are that good and he is this player then we will get good bids for him?,same about a couple of others in the squad who people only look at and go on about numbers,yet no clubs ever come in for them?.we need to view his actual play and misses in games and his game play,he’s poor and not near good enough in my eyes anyway.
Ever heard of paragraphs?

keep him for the squad/backup

sakala and colak are good backup players

obvs the main striker is coming in the next cpl of months

I doubt he'd even get on the bench for celtic yet we have a few on here thinking things are fine....because numbers.

He actually has better goals/assists per 90 than Jota since coming to Scotland, and is better on the ball than Maeda, and contributes more than Haksabanovic too.

Is he limited? Yes. Is he more than good enough as a squad player against the teams we face in Scotland when we have limited funds for a rebuild? Yes.

Since Beale came in Fashion can actually be relied on more than higher earners such as Morleos, Kent and Roofe.
Not exactly the best trio to compare him to to try and prove a point is it? 2 who wanted away and another who is never fit.

No one is doubting Sakala's effort. He's simply not good enough for where we want to be

Not exactly the best trio to compare him to to try and prove a point is it? 2 who wanted away and another who is never fit.

No one is doubting Sakala's effort. He's simply not good enough for where we want to be

He’s more than capable of, and does, do damage against the pish of the league.

He’s done damage against Celtic.

Doing those things will take us exactly where we need to be.

We won a league with his would be role in the squad being taken by a combination of Scott Wright, Brandon Barker and to a lesser extent Itten. He’s by a considerable distance better than all 3

There is literally years of evidence to show quite average players can win titles in Scotland rather than it having to be a mythical squad of 23 all conquering football players.

He’s more than capable of, and does, do damage against the pish of the league.

He’s done damage against Celtic.

Doing those things will take us exactly where we need to be.

We won a league with his would be role in the squad being taken by a combination of Scott Wright, Brandon Barker and to a lesser extent Itten. He’s by a considerable distance better than all 3

There is literally years of evidence to show quite average players can win titles in Scotland rather than it having to be a mythical squad of 23 all conquering football players.
He hasn't done a single thing against celtic in a game that's mattered though. That was my point

The point is it’s not Sakala that’s preventing us from being where we want to be. It’s half the squad that never turn up.

Since Beale came in Fashion can actually be relied on more than higher earners such as Morleos, Kent and Roofe.
Not exactly saying much is it? Two of them checked out a long time ago and then
other isn’t fussed about playing football in general.

Last edited:
Unfortunately if you want to win trophies you can't have inconsistency .

Our team this season can be summed up with the word inconsistency. Apart from the defence which has largely been abysmal.
Statistically, he's consistently good.

On a "chance-by-chance" basis within a game, he's inconsistent.

In a perfect world, you want a front three where one person is consistently good and provides a goal or assist nearly every start, one person is patchy but clinical in key moments in key games and one person that puts 25-30 away a season.

In Sakala, we have 1/3. Its our job to now go and find the other two.

His first goal today, he did the hard bit well, but with eight yards of goal in front of him, a few yards out, with only a despairing defender in front of him, he contrived to miss the gaping yards of empty net and struck the defender and the ball trickled in.
His second, the keeper was no doubt expecting him to endanger either corner flag but, unaccountably hitting the target, the ball somehow avoided a routine save.

I'm afraid he's not for me.

The first goal summed up Sakala as a player. I have no problem with him staying as a squad player, but we need better in front of him.

His first goal today, he did the hard bit well, but with eight yards of goal in front of him, a few yards out, with only a despairing defender in front of him, he contrived to miss the gaping yards of empty net and struck the defender and the ball trickled in.
His second, the keeper was no doubt expecting him to endanger either corner flag but, unaccountably hitting the target, the ball somehow avoided a routine save.

I'm afraid he's not for me.

I've tried to be as polite as possible about this but all I can muster is your post is fucking idiotic. One of the stupidest arrangements of words ever cobbled together on FF or the internet as a whole. Jesus Christ.

He does more than that.

He misses open goals against Celtic.
It's utterly mental how a few decent performances in end of season meaningless games has people convinced he's a great player.

A few weeks ago no one wanted to see him in a Rangers shirt again.

We must be the most bipolar support on the planet.

A player who will always try try to u will succeed. Would we be complaining about him so much if we had a proper goal scoring No9?
If we had a proven goal scorer and with him chipping in with his goals/assists We'd be delighted.
He's scored more goals than Jota but they have a poacher. That's the difference

Goals against them were in meaningless games. Not sure what part of that is hard to understand.
The notion games against them are meaningless is slightly challenging to understand.

Directly impacting the destiny of the league, no, but the game just gone had meaning, rather than being meaningless, to in particular our manager and just our general psyche going into games against them, they’d have been on a run of wins which we put to an end.

You’re also seemingly just ignoring his part in a goal in a Semi and his display in January for some reason.

We'll be stuck with a lot of players next season that aren't good enough. If he's still here he'll still score more than Kent (wherever he is, even if Kent plays every game).

He's an adequate squad player but if we can get a reasonable fee for him I can't see Beale standing in his way.

The more that go the better. MB can then build his own team

It's utterly mental how a few decent performances in end of season meaningless games has people convinced he's a great player.

Why do people just make up absolute shite?

Not one single person on here has ever said that.

I've tried to be as polite as possible about this but all I can muster is your post is fucking idiotic. One of the stupidest arrangements of words ever cobbled together on FF or the internet as a whole. Jesus Christ.
Possibly. But seeing him described as ‘effective’ after missing opening goals in trophy defining games has to be up there too.

Not really. A lot of non-mentalists were pointing out he was putting in the same sort of numbers Cantwell is and he is improving week by week.

Since January, Cantwell has 6 goals 5 assists. Sakala has 8 goals 2 assists both in all comp.

However, Sakala has had 80% of the minutes. of Cantwell since he arrived. Playing further forward, but playing all across the line, unlike Cantwell who has been playing the same position but in an unfamiliar team.

Both players are playing exceptionally well in less than ideal circumstances, but we need another person like them on the other flank and, more than anything else, we need someone who puts up 25-30 a season as a centre-forward.

We're so reliant on them and Tavernier at the moment that if they miss clear-cut chances, they get hounded because we were accustomed to the rest of the front line being wasted jerseys living off past "glories".

Thankfully, that seems to be over now.

Never in my life have I been so conflicted by a player

He can look like a Sunday league player at times but then almost always influences the game with a goal or assist

I was shouting for him to be subbed after the first 15 mins against hearts then he goes and scores

Will be an important squad player next season
Get what your saying,but we need a striker who puts at least 80% of the chances he gets into the net,not 40%.

1. He's absolutely good enough to be a squad player. Should only be moved on if we get a substantial bid.
2. The numbers DO matter. Goals and assists are facts. And it doesn't matter if he "nearly missed", or looked like he might miss, he didn't f**ing miss!
3. He has missed big chances against Celtic. But no worse than one Alfredo Morelos. In fact, Alfie's record against them was appalling for years, with some absolutely awful sitters. No one suggested he should be sold off the back of that.

Sakala does some abysmal things during the average game. But he also pops up with plenty of goals and assists and for me is a valuable part of the squad. Without him today, it could have been a dire 0-0 draw. His pace and willingness to have a go made the difference.

Same again,people go on about numbers,he’s scored goals,runs about and smiles,he’s not good enough for Rangers,not whats required,his numbers looked good this year as we’ve been crap in front of goal,he’s missed so many chances that we can’t afford to squander next season.If his numbers are that good and he is this player then we will get good bids for him?,same about a couple of others in the squad who people only look at and go on about numbers,yet no clubs ever come in for them?.we need to view his actual play and misses in games and his game play,he’s poor and not near good enough in my eyes anyway.
Utter f*ckin rubbish. What has the fact that no one has come in for him got to do with it? We judge our players based on their contributions for our team, nothing else. The reality is that he has had more goal contributions than anyone else in the squad bar Tav. Is he the perfect player? No. Is he a valuable member of the squad? Absolutely.

In a front three I think he needs to start or nothing. Heard folk compare him to novo or say he’s good for a sub. I disagree, he looks like a confidence player, bring him on with 10 minutes to go and he try’s too hard and messes up. Give him starts and he looks a player that could settle into the role. For what it’s worth, and many will disagree, but I’d have him starting next year. He’s got something and I reckon Beale will work on his failings.

When the big moments come in big games he misses the sitters. If Rangers have any ambitions to win titles, Sakala will be moved on the summer.

If not for numbers, how else should we judge wide forwards out of interest?
It’s total nonsense mate. People horrified at the thought of a squad player who scores goals and creates chances. Better with Ryan Kent who does neither.

I’m starting to get pissed off at this narrative that one our own “isn’t a footballer”. There’s a real lack of respect for the effort, enthusiasm and endeavour Fashion brings.

The biggest enigma in football, one minute world class the next Sunday league!

Can’t help but love the boys chaos tho.

Where do I see what bids we get for players?

Statistically, he's consistently good.

On a "chance-by-chance" basis within a game, he's inconsistent.

In a perfect world, you want a front three where one person is consistently good and provides a goal or assist nearly every start, one person is patchy but clinical in key moments in key games and one person that puts 25-30 away a season.

In Sakala, we have 1/3. It’s our job to now go and find the other two.
21 goal contributions this season. Your 1/3 stat doesn’t stand up to any scrutiny

Sum amount of keyboarder hitters on here.

The wee guy only started playing in november when beake came in, in that time scored 12 and assisted 8.

Whats his stats if playing a full season?

In a team who are motivated, irle not barasic, kent, kamara, morelos etc

When the big moments come in big games he misses the sitters. If Rangers have any ambitions to win titles, Sakala will be moved on the summer.
That’s the biggest issue really, and I find it staggering so many are completely fine overlooking it. To a lot of fans all that matters is the number on the excel sheet at the end of the season, doesn’t matter how the goals came about, who they came against or if the player in question failed to do it in the biggest moments that decided the destination of silverware. Forget any context at all; just focus on that number and forget the rest.

Baffling. But then as some other bloke said, I think it’s a bit of a comfort blanket for some fans who can’t deal with where we are, while others who’ve backed him to the hilt are just too stubborn to admit he’s a bit of a choker in the big moments and when we really need him. Look at the shite Van Vossen got for that miss 30 odd years ago. Fashion has managed that twice in a matter of weeks but it’s all good because he’s a happy happy and his tally looks decent at the end of a trophyless season. Quality.

Fashion Sakala's 12 goals 8 assists all came in the 1811 mins he featured for us in the league giving him a goal involvement in the league every 91mins bettered only by Kyogo and believe it or not Colak who's on a league goal/assist every 83mins. The guy is an enigma but we cannot sell him.
Aye but apparently goals and assists don't matter in football mate:))

Place is mad. I just had a poster on another thread calling me "immature" for not watching the highlights of the tim v sheep game earlier :))

I'm away to my bed :D

Back