Archive Rangers Women Season 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said, my number wasn’t pulled from the air. It was direct from a club employee involved in the women’s game.

Be interesting to see if the club would provide the official figure if asked.
How many club employees do you imagine are au fait with departmental budgeting?

Really disappointing performance from the girls. They didn’t do themselves justice and can play much better.

Shame that the last two performances have been the ones with the biggest audiences.

To some of the posters: That could be your wee girl! Either watch to support or get lost.
I think it showed that too many of them are not good enough.

Howat and Hay in the big games have been posted missing recently.

Good players but not Rangers quality.

New manager and a host of new players needed with different tactics

Fair few injuries but I’m left confused as to how badly this women’s team hve been managed / coached as the season hit the critical games .

It’s like he was forced into turning to the younger developing players did they lose belief in the established players ?

All decent players. First two had more than enough time today to show their stuff but, like most of the team, didn't turn up. Last two games probably our two worst performances of the season.

Kerr was surely injured. No other logical explanation for her not featuring.

You would think so, not that her performances have been great. She’s probably played her last game for the club now.

It was not the best performance and it sickens me to see that rat faced wee weirdo for the tramps smug but, we dust ourselves down and look forward to next season with a new focus ..

I'm all for advancing the womans game in Scotland but giving it the platform of a massive playing field and a partially filled Hampden doesnt help, i suspect.
The best Scottish players will be picked off by English and other more developed nations.
I dont think it does the game any good to have the girls looking physically challenged in that arena.
As for the general state of the game here, it seems we've been undone again by a team who have targeted the 'weaknesses' in the game as a whole - have some big players who can be a threat at high balls & have some really fast players to exploit acres of space.
We simply didnt have the required physicality out there.

Catch 22

Folk moan about the required investment in the womens game. Folk say we need to gut the team and pretty much need a new starting 11 which is going to require even more investment.

I think a new coach with a better understanding of the womens game can get a better tune out of these players without the need for wholesale changes.

Malky going back to the academy is bewildering though.

Away so missed the game
Sounds like it summed up the season

Bizarre how the womens team issues mirror the first team

Reliance on injury prone CBs
Midfield full of under achievers
Littlle to no striking options
Lacking pace throughout

The pressure heaped onto the young talent while seasoned pros phoned it in was a disgrace

Yeah she did, not sure why as personally I haven’t seen it with her.
I actually feel it is there but has not materialised. Tbf not the only player in the team and that’s the problem for whatever reasons it certainly makes sense to change Coach as a starter but it could be more needs done .

Btw the goalkeeping position has been a real weakness look at those dead balls today and how we have very little management of those threats .

No pitchforks or hysteria from me, but it is beyond frustrating when the person in charge of a team can't see the bleeding obvious. Today, it was obvious changes had to be made even if it meant a risky change of formation or trying someone in an unusual position. Celtic were going to score from a corner or free kick, anyone with any knowledge of football could see that was likely, but we retained the same team, same formation and kept giving more and more corners away.

I completely agree that Alonso comes across as a creepy wee fanny playing to the cameras, but Malky's lifeless spectator approach inspires absolutely nothing.

I'll take a wee pitchfork if there's one going...

To hear those rabids celebrating never fails to annoy, regardless of the competition.

That's 3 games I've been to this season, Benfica, Glasgow City last weekend and today and I can't say I've seen any improvement.

The players are so predictable, first thought is to play it backwards, they lack awareness and rarely string three passes together, don't shoot and generally play to a plan that they don't understand.

Hopefully the new coach will come with positive ideas and make a team out of this squad.

I'm just glad to see the back of this season in all its guises.

Catch 22

Folk moan about the required investment in the womens game. Folk say we need to gut the team and pretty much need a new starting 11 which is going to require even more investment.

I think a new coach with a better understanding of the womens game can get a better tune out of these players without the need for wholesale changes.

Malky going back to the academy is bewildering though.
Maybe Malky Thomson is good at teaching youngsters the rudiments of the game? I honestly have no idea, but I don't think he's at Rangers based on nothing.

Away so missed the game
Sounds like it summed up the season

Bizarre how the womens team issues mirror the first team

Reliance on injury prone CBs
Midfield full of under achievers
Littlle to no striking options
Lacking pace throughout

The pressure heaped onto the young talent while seasoned pros phoned it in was a disgrace
Two strikers have major injuries and Daniellson also has a knee injury of some sort poss ACL

As I said, my number wasn’t pulled from the air. It was direct from a club employee involved in the women’s game.

Be interesting to see if the club would provide the official figure if asked.
As far as I'm led to believe, they are all professional, therefore the outlay is substantial, and I don't think the £1 million quoted is that far off the mark. Frankly what I've seen recently in no way shape or form resembles professional sport.

As far as I'm led to believe, they are all professional, therefore the outlay is substantial, and I don't think the £1 million quoted is that far off the mark. Frankly what I've seen recently in no way shape or form resembles professional sport.

If they are all on 1k a week then I think £1 million isn't even scratching the surface.

How much revenue does the ladies game bring into the club - are there any figures available for that?

If they are all on 1k a week then I think £1 million isn't even scratching the surface.

How much revenue does the ladies game bring into the club - are there any figures available for that?

They’re on nowhere near 1k a week, max any of them are on is 30k a year at best and that’s only since last year. When we turned pro initially the full time players were all on 20k. It’s why some players didn’t bother going full time at us/Celtic, it wasn’t worth it financially.

Two strikers have major injuries and Daniellson also has a knee injury of some sort poss ACL

Ross was injured before the season started and Howatt is still coming back from a bad ACL

danielsson is another issue
International player and Malky seemed to simply push her out wide and hope it worked

The constant playing Kerr and Cornet was daft
And Middag seems to have regressed massively

our goalkeeper was dreadful but what was reason for kicking it out for a throw in the majority of the time?

All decent players. First two had more than enough time today to show their stuff but, like most of the team, didn't turn up. Last two games probably our two worst performances of the season.

Kerr was surely injured. No other logical explanation for her not featuring.
The manager is a grade A fud.

The women will be very disappointed with that performance today. They didn't turn up. Cannot believe Malky didn't change it far earlier as we were toothless in midfield and up front. Surprised that most thought Hill was the only one with pass marks. I thought Davison was far better despite her clanger at the end of the first half.

Hopefully the change next year will get us back to winning the league. Jane Ross was a huge loss this season.

Once again our medical dept not exactly covering themselves in glory?
One hugely massive area at the club we have to, just have to, get right going forward.
It’s been so costly for us too many seasons now.
Men and Women,
Agree with your point re medical department it has essentially crucified the Men’s season but re Womens equally these injuries can happen . I would say we have an imbalance in the squad if we have just one fwd when two are ruled out . Berry is just developing think she is just 16 or 17 so therefore we needed another option imo .

Ross was injured before the season started and Howatt is still coming back from a bad ACL

danielsson is another issue
International player and Malky seemed to simply push her out wide and hope it worked

The constant playing Kerr and Cornet was daft
And Middag seems to have regressed massively
Pretty sure JR I jury was in season but whatever there is a point re the balance of the squad we can agree upon . Howat is back from ACL and doing well imo although today wasn’t a good one for her either possibly this squad are labouring for the same reason that Men’s were early this season that the load is upon too few players and it is over demanding of them physicallly and mentally .

Are the players all signed one on so a seasons contract each summer ? Not sure how that works and also whether they adhere to the same two transfer window model .

Edit : she got injured in pre-season game in July https://news.stv.tv/sport/rangers-and-scotland-forward-jane-ross-suffers-serious-knee-injury

Agree with your point re medical department it has essentially crucified the Men’s season but re Womens equally these injuries can happen . I would say we have an imbalance in the squad if we have just one fwd when two are ruled out . Berry is just developing think she is just 16 or 17 so therefore we needed another option imo .

Still 15

Took the step daughter to the game did and thought we were really poor. The team looked so much slower compared to them

Took the step daughter to the game did and thought we were really poor. The team looked so much slower compared to them
I thought the same and what makes it even worse is that there are pictures of their goal scorer Hill at their rabble yesterday at the Trongate partying.

Seemed to be slower in comparison and also a far less appetite for victory compared to them. The latter imo stems from the coaching side.

They don’t, not one of them. Good input though.
Not referring to Rangers in particular.At national level USA women's team won a legal battle for 17.7 million regards equality of pay. The Welsh national teams have just seen the men having to take a 25% pay cut whilst the women received the same in a a pay rise to bring both wages into equal status. Scottish national team have started proceedings to charge the Sfa re the exact same. It was the Scottish women's captain who started the ball rolling.

Not referring to Rangers in particular.At national level USA women's team won a legal battle for 17.7 million regards equality of pay. The Welsh national teams have just seen the men having to take a 25% pay cut whilst the women received the same in a a pay rise to bring both wages into equal status. Scottish national team have started proceedings to charge the Sfa re the exact same. It was the Scottish women's captain who started the ball rolling.

Totally different from club level though isn’t it which will never happen, America is a different animal due to the amount of money its women’s football generates anyway.

Wales and Scotland’s main gripes are not only around appearance fees for their National team (which are minimal anyway, especially for the men in terms of what they earn), it’s also about standards such as not having to arrive at airports in normal clothes and change into team tracksuits then hand them back once they land back home, adequate hotel and training facilities that they deserve when representing their country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back