Archive Rangers Women Season 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot believe that Thompson did not play our 2 international players
Surely Kerr and Nic Doc were worthy of a second half appearance unless they were injured?
Also do we not have 1 or 2 bruisers in the squad as we were always 2nd best against the stronger and more physical Tims

Surely Kerr and Nic Doc were worthy of a second half appearance unless they were injured?
Also do we not have 1 or 2 bruisers in the squad as we were always 2nd best against the stronger and more physical Tims

Really surprised at that as well. Two big Rangers fans as well which can always help in this fixture.

Makes you wonder if something has went on in the background

If they are all on 1k a week then I think £1 million isn't even scratching the surface.

How much revenue does the ladies game bring into the club - are there any figures available for that?

Bisgrove spoke about it in one of his interviews this week saying it was record revenue for the woman's team through sponsorship. Might have been with Boyd on SKY or possibly his RTV interview can't remember.

Last edited:
How much resources are wasted on this gimmick ?

I’ve tried to be supportive but the clubs return on money spent is absolutely pathetic.

And the standard is just brutal. It’s basically unwatchable and today was the last time I will try and watch it.

Women’s football is utterly terrible and no amount of woke or PC is going to make the evidence of my eyes change

If that’s really the case he should be finished club completely.

I’ve tried to be supportive but the clubs return on money spent is absolutely pathetic.

And the standard is just brutal. It’s basically unwatchable and today was the last time I will try and watch it.

Women’s football is utterly terrible and no amount of woke or PC is going to make the evidence of my eyes change

No woke or PC?!

With our squad we should have won 3 leagues in a row and dominated domestically

They haven’t looked that great any time I’ve watched them. Do these players have a previous track record of being good before coming to us?
A lot of them used to play for Glasgow City and were winners there.

Others like Middag played with West Ham and Man City and is capped for Netherlands.

Arnot was with Man U but didn't play that much I don't think

No woke or PC?!
If you and your left-wing mates want to promote women's football that's fine, but don't force it forcefully down our throats, ruining our Gaelic channels and encouraging younger females to think they can take up football (and possibly speak Gaelic.) It's rubbish, it will always be rubbish and even when it improves, through better coaching and more experience, it will still be rubbish.

And my imaginary daughter totally agrees with me.

Anyway, the season didn’t end like we expected it would back in July 2022. A bright start winning the Glasgow cup, disappointment against Benfica then winning the Sky Sports Cup at Tynecastle.

Unfortunately too many draws really cost us, and now we’ll go through a period of change as I expect a bit of a turnover in the playing squad with Kerr and Docherty two very likely to move on along with some of the fringe players.

We really need to get the new manager appointment right, and the recruitment spot on to go and get our title back next year.

Nearly 7k posts in a women’s football thread is pretty decent, the majority positive/constructive about women’s football. Looking forward to getting started again soon with next season’s thread.

No pitchforks or hysteria from me, but it is beyond frustrating when the person in charge of a team can't see the bleeding obvious. Today, it was obvious changes had to be made even if it meant a risky change of formation or trying someone in an unusual position. Celtic were going to score from a corner or free kick, anyone with any knowledge of football could see that was likely, but we retained the same team, same formation and kept giving more and more corners away.

I completely agree that Alonso comes across as a creepy wee fanny playing to the cameras, but Malky's lifeless spectator approach inspires absolutely nothing.

I'll take a wee pitchfork if there's one going...

It's all okay, now he gets to be inept within the academy again.

No one who uses the words "woke" or "PC" like you've done there has ever given a genuine supportive thought to anything they don't see as "right" in their eyes.

If you and your left-wing mates want to promote women's football that's fine, but don't force it forcefully down our throats, ruining our Gaelic channels and encouraging younger females to think they can take up football (and possibly speak Gaelic.) It's rubbish, it will always be rubbish and even when it improves, through better coaching and more experience, it will still be rubbish.

Lovely bit of satire. ;)

Fully expect Arminius to like your post sincerely.

Can we not just put the money we’re investing in this into the first team.? We need every penny we can get to invest in the squad this summer and we’re just pissing away 1.5 million a year on this woman’s football lark.
That is an excellent idea - then we'll be the only major club in the country with no women's team.

Why do you think everyone (FIFA / UEFA / SFA / every major club and beyond) invests in women's football?

If you don't like it / think it is being forced down your throat, why are you even reading this thread?

The worst thing about yesterday was it played out exactly the way I thought would
Anybody who has seen our previous games against them know that their best chance of a goal is a set piece and we continued to give away corners without any real plan to defend them ,coupled with our ridiculously slow and sideways passing meant we offered no threat going forward
Yesterday wasn't a surprise and it's why most people who have watched the women's team wanted a new manager

Anyway, the season didn’t end like we expected it would back in July 2022. A bright start winning the Glasgow cup, disappointment against Benfica then winning the Sky Sports Cup at Tynecastle.

Unfortunately too many draws really cost us, and now we’ll go through a period of change as I expect a bit of a turnover in the playing squad with Kerr and Docherty two very likely to move on along with some of the fringe players.

We really need to get the new manager appointment right, and the recruitment spot on to go and get our title back next year.

Nearly 7k posts in a women’s football thread is pretty decent, the majority positive/constructive about women’s football. Looking forward to getting started again soon with next season’s thread.

The tim 1-1 and Hearts with the last minute penalty proving costly in terms of the league. Only really followed properly since the 0-0 draw with Glasgow in January after taking the kids to their 1st game. Some exciting young players in Mclean, Mcleary and Watson will be interesting to see if we can keep hold of them over the summer.

Will hope to take the kids along to more of the games next season unless the 1st team are playing on the same day.

The worst thing about yesterday was it played out exactly the way I thought would
Anybody who has seen our previous games against them know that their best chance of a goal is a set piece and we continued to give away corners without any real plan to defend them ,coupled with our ridiculously slow and sideways passing meant we offered no threat going forward
Yesterday wasn't a surprise and it's why most people who have watched the women's team wanted a new manager
Hopefully the new manager guts the squad. Yesterday was ridiculously bad on all aspects. Slow, couldn't control a ball. Grim

I took the short trip to Hampden yesterday. For a cup final, I thought we were frankly a disgrace. Clueless all over the park.

Any games I've watched the women play that lot past few seasons, the general pattern is usually we at least dominate play but couldn't burst a paper bag in the final third and then we get done by a sucker punch.

Yesterday we offered absolutely NOTHING. I don't remember one chance we created until the disallowed goal.

I don't follow the woman's game as closely as some others, but what is the deal with Nic Docherty and Sam Kerr not being picked? Both Scotland caps, baffling they are on the bench. Are they out of form?

Last edited:
I took the short trip to Hampden yesterday. For a cup final, I thought we were frankly a disgrace. Clueless all over the park.

Any games I've watched the women play that lot past few seasons, the general pattern is usually we at least dominate play but couldn't burst a paper bag in the final third and then we get done by a sucker punch.

Yesterday we offered absolutely NOTHING. I don't remember one chance we created until the disallowed goal.

I don't follow the woman's game as closely as some others, but what is the deal with Nic Docherty and Sam Kerr not being picked? Both Scotland caps, baffling they are on the bench. Are they out of form?
Nic Docherty hasn't been getting picked for the Old Firm games the past few months for some reason - I don't know why.

Sam Kerr was a baffling one, I can only guess that she was not fit enough to play and made up the numbers on the bench?

Nic Docherty hasn't been getting picked for the Old Firm games the past few months for some reason - I don't know why.

Sam Kerr was a baffling one, I can only guess that she was not fit enough to play and made up the numbers on the bench?
Maddie Nolf has taken her place in the team for pretty much every game for the last week while.

The squad needs to find a consistent starting 11 as there is too much chopping and changing.

Only really McLaughlan and latterly Hill is guaranteed their place.

Howat has had a run as she's the only striker since McCoy disappeared

Maddie Nolf has taken her place in the team for pretty much every game for the last week while.

The squad needs to find a consistent starting 11 as there is too much chopping and changing.

Did I miss McCoy getting injured? Can't remember hearing about it

By the looks of the end of the game Nolf looked like she was sayin goodbye.

This makes me pretty sad.

I think Nic is a good player, and has obviously loved the club all her life. I know you’ve mentioned Kerr might be for the off before, hope Nic stays and wins more.

I think Nic is a good player, and has obviously loved the club all her life. I know you’ve mentioned Kerr might be for the off before, hope Nic stays and wins more.
Its difficult to judge who will stay or go because the contract situations are not in general circulation. Most are 1 or 2 years.

I hope Docherty stays too. We need a few supporters in the team.

I agree, I just feel with being so out of favour there’s more to it. But maybe a fresh start with a new manager?

Sam’s agent is working on a deal abroad for her, from what I’ve heard it’s a hell of a move if it goes through, one of the giants.

Thanks to all of those who’ve made this a fantastic thread during an ultimately disappointing season. I’ve watched a bit more women’s football this year - and loads of the Rangers women’s team - not through some notion of virtue signalling, but because I love watching football. Stick a Rangers badge on it and I’m in.

For those who feel the need to enlighten us that women’s football is shite: many thanks. Guess what though? We know it’s not as good as men’s football or under 8s football or whatever hilarious comparison you can make. If you want, you could stop posting those messages - we get it - and leave us to enjoy a thread that follows, supports and encourages women playing football at all levels.

Thanks to all of those who’ve made this a fantastic thread during an ultimately disappointing season. I’ve watched a bit more women’s football this year - and loads of the Rangers women’s team - not through some notion of virtue signalling, but because I love watching football. Stick a Rangers badge on it and I’m in.

For those who feel the need to enlighten us that women’s football is shite: many thanks. Guess what though? We know it’s not as good as men’s football or under 8s football or whatever hilarious comparison you can make. If you want, you could stop posting those messages - we get it - and leave us to enjoy a thread that follows, supports and encourages women playing football at all levels.
Here here, nothing wrong with encouraging girls to be more active regardless of the level, but the more eyes on women's football at the top level the more it will encourage this. "Through thick and thin" springs to mind.

A relative of mine plays in the WSL and it has changed her life, and thus I follow her moreso than Rangers Ladies. I would hope stories like her's will inspire more girls across the UK to get involved with women's football. It is of benefit to everyone to get this country more active!

Like others I’ve taken a much greater interest in the women’s team this year. Being on the tv, good priced tickets when they’ve been at Ibrox etc and I’ve enjoyed watching them. Yesterday was the worst performance I’ve seen from them this year. I hope there’s a reset and better players added for next season. You can see the next generation of bears watching these matches and loads more families due to a combination of available and affordable tickets. Only good for the club overall but it’s still very early days for the womens game here.

Maybe it's too small a sample size, but watched her twice, and she couldn't control a simple pass, and had zero impact on the game in any meaningful way.
Tbf playing wide left is not her natural position. She played through the middle for Scotland recently and was a stand out.

Exactly.

I will never understand someone who comes on a thread that they have no interest on. Happens all the time.

My nieces are now Rangers fans because of the women's team. Impossible to get them to Ibrox regularly. They are now running about with Rangers kits on and involved in teams playing away.

It's a growing market and I am glad we invest in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back