Tottenham after Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know managers down there will get a far bigger wage than up here but surely the Seville calculator is doing some heavy lifting there?
Surely it'll be closer to half that? But the salaries at the top clubs are nuts.

Apparently Conte was on £15m per year! Potter was on £10m at Chelsea.

Bottom end guys like Steve Cooper are on about £2m.

Emery is supposedly on £4m plus bonuses which seems like great value in comparison.

He may well be in London but I’ll eat my hat if he gets a sniff of any EPL job.
gru-eat.gif

If true this is huge for us not cause fatty was some kind of world beating manager but now they'll have to start from sqaure one again and bring in a new manager who'll play a completely different style.

They've got a huge squad with most players still on two/three year contracts and won't have much leverage to bring in multiple new signings that a new manager might want.

He’s spent a fortune in a league with no competition so Europe is his barometer. knocked out of three European competitions in his first season and finished bottom of his CL group in his second. failed
A league with no competition? We racked up over 90 points this year. They were just better than that again.

This isn’t as clear cut as made out IMO.

There are still folk willing to lay on Betfair at around 4/6 for OK money.
When these things are genuinely done all odds are hoovered up instantly.

I’m not saying he won’t get it but I don’t think it’s a done deal.

If it is Moyes they replace him with it’s a match made in heaven. Had dealings with him a couple of times when he was at Sunderland and he’s a dour, miserable fraud of a man and a manager. Horrible bloke.

This isn’t as clear cut as made out IMO.

There are still folk willing to lay on Betfair at around 4/6 for OK money.
When these things are genuinely done all odds are hoovered up instantly.

I’m not saying he won’t get it but I don’t think it’s a done deal.

See that on skybet too, I assumed the excitement amongst many Rangers fans that the Celtic manager was getting the spurs job meant he’d be about 1/20 on!

lol at the 'he would take the Japanese with him'

They wouldn't even get on a Spurs bench ffs
You’re not kidding. I think people forget the difference in overall standard between SPL and EPL. Horsing Motherwell and St Mirren every week doesn’t prepare you for seeing the ball once every 15 mins against Man City.

Correct 1 win out of 7 when the league is over is nothing to get excited about.
I’d like to put this in context.
There’s no debate about the basic stat however there is a big difference between Gio and MB domestically.
MB inherited the team on a major slide and has steadied the ship.
From memory at the time we were dropping away points through draws and by season end there was little difference between the teams points wise with Rangers +2.
I accept that Beastie Bhoys had taken out their passports after the split but they suddenly also had a couple of crucial injuries and couldn’t cope.

If you look at the OF games in isolation for me there was a general improvement in performance under MB in comparison to Gio.
Think we had more shots on goal and on target than them.
Previously we were mullered on occasion.
Bottom line they were more clinical than us both boxes.

I think there is reason to be optimistic as we have been on a slowly upwards curve.
Every reason to believe this will continue and with some astute transfer business will enable us to continue our upwards trajectory.

Across the City it is looking likely Fat Ange will go and remember he was instrumental in bringing across the Asian contingent who did well for them but what relationship will they strike with another manager ?
Who knows but they are likely to be in a state of flux.
If he doesn’t go then we were still bridging the gap.

In summary there is a bigger picture than trotting out the OF record over a season and being filled with doom and gloom.

If it is Moyes they replace him with it’s a match made in heaven. Had dealings with him a couple of times when he was at Sunderland and he’s a dour, miserable fraud of a man and a manager. Horrible bloke.

Moyes is over rated as f*ck for me and a dinosaur of a manager.

I get hes done ok at West Ham but he has the best budget outside the top 6 teams and never really pushed to get anywhere near top 4. He has been terrible in league this season with a team that should be nowhere near the bottom.

I wouldn't mind if it was Moyes they got.

Didn't actually watch it but it just amused me that the callers key point on how good gravy tits is was that game, any sensible filth supporter (there may not be any) would just stick to domestic success chat. Given the fat shits had 2 seasons at europe, whilst his rivals made a final all they can boast about is giving Madrid a game for 60 minutes.

To me, I know this is hard as a supporter of any club but you need to remove the tinted coloured glasses relating to your team and really analyse things logically.

Our CL campaign was a disaster, other than the financial and commercial gain, the sporting gain was not there. It was embarrassing to say the least. Players had switched off, players not playing for their manager, playing an 18 year old CB, many injuries. However logically, I expected us to finish bottom of that group. We, in my opinion got 3 pot 1 teams, should've finished bottom but my god we should've given a better account of ourselves.

Whereas them, for me their group was exactly the group both of us would've wanted. Qualification for 2nd place was achievable in my opinion nevermind 3rd and going into the Europa League. However for him to then not win a game and finish bottom, shows that he is tactically inept against teams with better quality than that of the cannon fodder in the SPL. He has went to those teams like Rodgers did and tried to play the same way he does against Ross County at Parkhead. Real Madrid won the CL last season through being the best counter attacking side in that competition, yet he went all out attack against them in both games. Teams like RB and Shakter have the fire power to hurt teams if they open up too much against them, you need to counter what they have and find ways to start your attacks and get goals. He just went gungho and got beat or drew twice against a team that is not playing in their own country and their players are properly all suffering from PTSD.

Does this make us beating them next season easier or harder? Depends who they get in next and what backing he gets, I suppose.

The good thing is it doesn't change our plans for next season.

He’s a very good manager but also a guy who wants a very big chequebook to compete at the highest level.

Last time around I’m pretty sure he wasn’t satisfied with winning SPFL titles and wanted to be given money to build a CL team, which wasn’t going to happen.

I’d be surprised if he wanted to come back to Scotland to manage in all honesty.

Then again, I didn’t expect him to go there the first time round either.
Where is the “build a CL team” thing coming from? I’d be surprised if even Rodgers was deluded enough to think Celtic could build a team to compete in the CL. You’d need a course of deludamol to buy that.

This thread is so popular because people are praying to see the back of this guy which is quite pathetic

The only good thing would be a de-stabilizing effect and a wind up but I would rather he stayed and watch us win trophies.
Look this season we finished on 92 points , many a season that would see us champions , he before we beat them in April they had only lost once , they gubbed us in the four games that mattered . I’m not ashamed to admit I want him out

There’s far too many on here cannot accept that a club of Tottenham’s resources & status would be after the manager of our rivals.

He’s done a good job, most of their transfers with a significant outlay have worked (1-2 aside), turning their basket case of a squad post 20-21 into a team that has won multiple trophies.

The guy is nearly 60, having managed in the exotic lands of Australia, Japan & Scotland. If Tottenham come calling there’s not a chance he isn’t taking it. The link between him & Scott Munn is also telling.

Ideally in 2+ years time our own manager has achieved well enough to attract a club within the EPL top 6-8, hopefully we have a list of replacements lined up (see De Zerbi replacing Potter for reference). Brighton’s structure is so good that the players could adapt to differences between RDZ & GP. I don’t get that same impression with their manager though, I think it could have quite a destabilising affect.
The mindset of football fans is unique.

Gerrard linked with Aston Villa prompts
Ha ha ha why would SG who has just won the League and has European football to look forward to even consider going to a mid division PL team who haven't won anything in years?
Postecoglu linked with Spurs prompts
Ha ha ha why would a mid division PL team who haven't won anything for years even consider going for AP who has won umpteen trophies and has European football to look forward to?

It's strange how people can see similar situations through tinted glasses and make themselves believe what they want to.

Interesting to see people writing Moyes off already*. Seemingly the naivety of totally writing off the current guy before he started has done nothing to temper the hubristic tendencies of many posters.

Moyes may be a dull prick, but he's operating in the toughest league in Europe/arguably the world and has shown he can compete in Europe.

Do people seriously think he couldn't handle a job up here?

*I'm aware there is several hypothetical assumptions in this statement, but the point still stands.

Look this season we finished on 92 points , many a season that would see us champions , he before we beat them in April they had only lost once , they gubbed us in the four games that mattered . I’m not ashamed to admit I want him out

his policy of going hell for leather paid off against the dross in the first 3/4 of the season

part of our problem was sitting back and waiting for the other team to score before getting into gear
easier to win a game you are 2 or 3 up quickly in that one you give the other team a head start

I reckon they’ll get Moyes. He’s tenure at WH has been very up and down. Concerns me to be honest he’s a good manager.

Interesting to see people writing Moyes off already*. Seemingly the naivety of totally writing off the current guy before he started has done nothing to temper the hubristic tendencies of many posters.

Moyes may be a dull prick, but he's operating in the toughest league in Europe/arguably the world and has shown he can compete in Europe.

Do people seriously think he couldn't handle a job up here?

*I'm aware there is several hypothetical assumptions in this statement, but the point still stands.

Moyes is a good manager. I wouldn’t be dismissive of him.

I suppose the question the beggars need to ask themselves (if AP leaves) is - do they want continuity in performance, players and tactics.

In short - Moyes is a very different type of manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back