Tottenham after Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
As always, the truth isn't necessarily one thing or the other, it's a mixture and relies a lot on the context.

He has absolutely bought well, at least initially. Bought players for his style. Put square pegs in square holes. His style is very well coached into them, every single player knows what is expected of them. And that style is in many ways pefect for most games in Scotland...it even worked against Rangers until more recently when things have been a bit tighter, though they've still got results.

But his style doesn't work as well if we go back to 3 subs, as an example. So in that regard he's been fortunate. He's been able to outspend the rest by orders of magnitude, which again is pretty fortunate. He has failed in European football with this style, and failed pretty overwhelmingly. He has also had the luxury of Rangers dropping points where we really shouldn't, meaning even in games where they're not overwhelming the opposition, there is a lack of pressure and they inevitably get the job done. That's fortunate, though their domestic record can't be questioned, it is very, very good. But he clearly has no other option but to play that style, which means good teams can and have worked it out and he can't change it.

We'll see how he gets on at Spurs. If I was a betting man I'd go with what I said earlier in the thread - an initial good run followed by a quick and unrecoverable drop-off. If he's getting Spurs into the CL and winning a cup, I'll eat the leftovers of that poster's trousers from earlier in the thread.
The difference is that Spurs aren’t one of the top teams in the league where they have the best players and budget and can blow other teams away.

It’s more of an even playing field and it’s not going to be like going up against a Kilmarnock or Ross County where you’re vastly superior to them.

I reckon that they will struggle from the off as it will take his team time to come to terms with his playing style and fitness levels, it’s an unforgiving league and he’ll be on a slippery slope straight away.

The difference is that Spurs aren’t one of the top teams in the league where they have the best players and budget and can blow other teams away.

It’s more of an even playing field and it’s not going to be like going up against a Kilmarnock or Ross County where you’re vastly superior to them.

I reckon that they will struggle from the off as it will take his team time to come to terms with his playing style and fitness levels, it’s an unforgiving league and he’ll be on a slippery slope straight away.

I agree with this. I think if they give him time as a long term project, I think he will fair well but as we all know, giving someone time doesn't exist in the Premier League.

Yes it gained us entry into a competition they were already in.

That is not the argument. We beat a team over two legs who had the likes of Cody Gakpo in it who incidently went for £40m a few months later and Xavi Simons joint top scorer in this seasons Eredivisie who will go for similar sums. Not to mention a midfield consisting of Joey Veerman and Ibrahim Sangare, the latter also touted to move on for big money.

Looking back I'm surprised we came through that tie. Our win over USG also aged incredibly. So aye, despite our catastrophic performance in the group stage, we did more than they did in European competition.

As always, the truth isn't necessarily one thing or the other, it's a mixture and relies a lot on the context.

He has absolutely bought well, at least initially. Bought players for his style. Put square pegs in square holes. His style is very well coached into them, every single player knows what is expected of them. And that style is in many ways pefect for most games in Scotland...it even worked against Rangers until more recently when things have been a bit tighter, though they've still got results.

But his style doesn't work as well if we go back to 3 subs, as an example. So in that regard he's been fortunate. He's been able to outspend the rest by orders of magnitude, which again is pretty fortunate. He has failed in European football with this style, and failed pretty overwhelmingly. He has also had the luxury of Rangers dropping points where we really shouldn't, meaning even in games where they're not overwhelming the opposition, there is a lack of pressure and they inevitably get the job done. That's fortunate, though their domestic record can't be questioned, it is very, very good. But he clearly has no other option but to play that style, which means good teams can and have worked it out and he can't change it.

We'll see how he gets on at Spurs. If I was a betting man I'd go with what I said earlier in the thread - an initial good run followed by a quick and unrecoverable drop-off. If he's getting Spurs into the CL and winning a cup, I'll eat the leftovers of that poster's trousers from earlier in the thread.
That’s fair.

As I said (much) earlier in the thread, I have a soft spot for Spurs, and I think this is a bad appointment for them. It’ll end in tears. But it’s not unbelievable that they’re appointing him - he’s a proven winner in Australia, Japan, and Scotland, he’s much better than many on here think (apparently it’s not staunch to recognise the bleedin’ obvious), and he plays attacking football in the Spurs idiom.

That’s fair.

As I said (much) earlier in the thread, I have a soft spot for Spurs, and I think this is a bad appointment for them. It’ll end in tears. But it’s not unbelievable that they’re appointing him - he’s a proven winner in Australia, Japan, and Scotland, he’s much better than many on here think (apparently it’s not staunch to recognise the bleedin’ obvious), and he plays attacking football in the Spurs idiom.
He’s also an obnoxious ignorant disrespectful twat

Not going to sit here and kiss his arse but he's the complete opposite of this. Rented from the company I work for before be bought and he's genuinely a really nice guy.

Probably get a ban or accused of being one of them now!
Fair enough I’m only judging him on his interviews and based on them I stand by my opinion

Fair enough I’m only judging him on his interviews and based on them I stand by my opinion

100%, I totally get that. He comes across as prickly in his interviews etc.. I think at work he's strictly business but outside of work he's just like you or I.

Very respectful guy and I think his time in Japan has a lot to do with it.

Not going to sit here and kiss his arse but he's the complete opposite of this. Rented from the company I work for before be bought and he's genuinely a really nice guy.

Probably get a ban or accused of being one of them now!

You’re “lucky”

He’s a prick and it’s plain as day when the mask slips. It’s why I want him to stay. Beale will have de-masked (and hopefully de-kegged) Bisto Tits by this time next year.

100%, I totally get that. He comes across as prickly in his interviews etc.. I think at work he's strictly business but outside of work he's just like you or I.

Very respectful guy and I think his time in Japan has a lot to do with it.

Absolutely nobody cares what he's like away from his job or how he treated your company. In football he's shown himself to be rude, thin skinned, arrogant and extremely defensive.

Absolutely nobody cares what he's like away from his job or how he treated your company. In football he's shown himself to be rude, thin skinned, arrogant and extremely defensive.

I don't think you get anywhere in football without a touch of arrogance but maybe that's just me.

You’re “lucky”

He’s a prick and it’s plain as day when the mask slips. It’s why I want him to stay. Beale will have de-masked (and hopefully de-kegged) Bisto Tits by this time next year.
Maybe Scotland just brings the worse out in Managers, goaded in the press, childish point scoring, skeekit jounos, sectarian hatred , pettiness.
He‘ll do well for himself GTFO the place and probably knows that.

I don't think you get anywhere in football without a touch of arrogance but maybe that's just me.

It doesn't seem to take much to make him angry. He was once asked to speak closer to the mike so they could hear him which resulted in an angry outburst and he spoke to the person like a piece of crap which certainly wasn't an isolated case.

Maybe Scotland just brings the worse out in Managers, goaded in the press, childish point scoring, skeekit jounos, sectarian hatred , pettiness.
He‘ll do well for himself GTFO the place and probably knows that.

He quit the Ozzie job due to pressure and made a public c*nt of himself on more than one occasion.

Look at his comments about European trophies during our European run last season for more evidence he’s a c*nt.

This reads like a drunk dial to an ex that cheated on you and left with the dog you both called your baby
Is this kunt a Journalist or a bitter supporter of the scum? Wtf did I just read.
A steady eddy who isn't scanning the room for the next big chairman. Ffs man, this balloon needs to dry his eyes. Its fitba, shit happens. Making it out to sound like a love story if you manage the enablers.

I’m not dismissing those games but to say we gained more coefficient points when those points only include qualifiers they they didn’t play is a bad faith argument.
You don’t get coefficient points for qualifiers if you get to the group stage. If you fail to qualify you keep them, if not you only get the points in the actual tournament and anything in the qualifiers is wiped out. So all our points have been gained with the same amount of games as them. Obviously we have played a lot more games cause we can qualify from a group and actually win knockout ties in Europe

That’s fair.

Let's be honest here. Any appointment will end in tears because Spurs aren't the the club they think they should be. They'll never, ever reach the heights they think they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back