Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spoke to my Belgian Colleague (about 2 metres away from me) who is a Genk Season ticket holder. His advice on Dessers is to stay the %^*& away, they were all happy he left Genk and couldn't believe they got so much money for him. He has only ever had 1 good season at Feyenord who didn't want to buy because he was too expensive.

To be fair, I doubt we’re matching Man United’s offer for Butland….
Think Butland would need to half his wages at least for us to sign him . But he is released back to Crystal Palace until the end of June when he becomes a free agent.

Think Butland would need to half his wages at least for us to sign him . But he is released back to Crystal Palace until the end of June when he becomes a free agent.
Yeah, the talk was United have offered him £50/60k a week and that’s why it looked like the deal was going to fall through.

Seemingly back on again, but. So presume he’s happy to take less money, for more game time.

There was someone on Twitter earlier this morning saying they’d heard a rumour we were after Coady, this was before the instagram story had went up. No clue how legitimate.

Yeah, the talk was United have offered him £50/60k a week and that’s why it looked like the deal was going to fall through.

Seemingly back on again, but. So presume he’s happy to take less money, for more game time.
Didn't Man Utd manager say he wanted a new No.2 for competition with de Gea.

Don’t think UTD offered him anything.

The LAFC fans seem pretty annoyed with him recently and his performance in that game. It seems that he’s downed tools for them this season. Looks like a similar situation as us and Kamara.
I can understand him not wanting to risk injury before he moves and it's maybe affecting his form. Hopefully that's all it is and he arrives firing on all cylinders.

Oh dear seems Cifuentes will become the new whipping boy on here. Going by his reviews after last nights game. Although he was getting rave reviews after his you tube vids. Shows what a fickle lot we are.

Don’t think UTD offered him anything.
Only going off what H&H said last week, that United had indicated to his reps that they’d be looking offer him a deal, which would be double ours.

That obviously may have changed, and be why he’s signing for us, or he may have knocked them back. Anyway, I digress.

Definitely sounds like something to be wary of if we get him and has some interest in him in the near future.
This is potentially a massive move for him i wouldn't read too much into some of the recent performances look at Morelos and Kent this season completely chucked it when they knew we weren't retaining them.

From a lot of the write ups and general reports he ticks a lot of boxes for what we require in midfield.

Mobile, pacey, drive, creative, and has a goal in it and can play as an 8 or 10 i really hope we get him.

No issue if we actually start using this trading model, you won't have to deal with it. Nobody would've had an issue with Kamara if we had sold him last summer like planned.

If this guy comes in and has a good 18-24 months, he goes.
Yeah.

Consciously or subconsciously, a lot of players get bored and need fresh environments to get motivated again.

There’s exceptions, of course, but having guys like Kamara playing in our monotonous league for 6 years or whatever - it’s easy to see how they may lose their desire.

Yeah far from ideal. Although I’m hoping it’s just a case of the player shielding himself and trying to not get injured before his big move. I think if a midfielder is playing in 2nd gear it makes a massive difference.
Wouldn’t look into it too much, similar situation to Kamara, downed tools as he’s checked out but we know he is fantastic when he cared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back