Tottenham close to appointing Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t see where he’s actually said that though, Sun was just citing the fact that he intended to take a break from football following his departure from Leicester and links back to previous quotes of him saying he would go back to scum without hesitation if the time was right. Nothing to say this isn’t now the ‘right time’ and things have changed.

Happy to be wrong and hopefully I’ve missed a fresh quote somewhere else but can’t see anything that’s ruling this out at the mo
Shug on clyde says he’s itk and Brenda isn’t interested in a return.

Not had chance to read the papers tonight yet but appears a few have it as a story, the basis of which may or may not be clear

This just keeps going through my head every time someone calls them by their full name instead of Spurs

billy-connolly-scottish-comedy.gif

Wish he’d have stayed at Celtic so we could beat him to the title and then had him leave.

He’ll do okay at Spurs I reckon though.

Sunsport has learned Rodgers is expected to take time away from the game before planning his next career move.
May yet change his mind if approached by Celtic?

Also in the article what he was saying in a previous interview before Postecoglou was outward bound--->

Asked about a hypothetical return in an interview re-circulated this week from the aftermath of his departure, Rogers was warm to the possibility - but conceded the feeling might not be mutual.

He admitted: "That challenge may come again, because it was a real challenge to go in.

"That challenge may come again in the future and I'd have absolutely no hesitation going back - it's an incredible club.

"Like everything in life it's just about timing.

"Whether I'd be received back is a different story but would I go back to Celtic? Absolutely."

Athletic sought advice on it and cover it in this article. Seems like there can be a release clause or worst case it’s the value of the contract.

Thats nonsense.

He is under contract to them therefor they can block the deal or even block him from speaking to them. They can then turn round and say they want X amount to let the deal happen.

Wish he’d have stayed at Celtic so we could beat him to the title and then had him leave.

He’ll do okay at Spurs I reckon though.

I am basing my prediction on the basis of the supposition that he is going to attempt to adopt the same gung ho approach to games down there as he did up here. Should that be the case he will take Spurs to the level of Brentford. Spurs fans have not witnessed a relegation battle for many years. They should get themselves ready for it.

I am basing my prediction on the basis of the supposition that he is going to attempt to adopt the same gung ho approach to games down there as he did up here. Should that be the case he will take Spurs to the level of Brentford. Spurs fans have not witnessed a relegation battle for many years. They should get themselves ready for it.
Brentford finished a point behind Spurs

He won't last the season. Pollute the spurs with third rate fuds. Good enough for Celtic run football league. Fanny in EPL

Still don't think he will go o_O

Seriously though, how on earth can this happen? I got it spectacularly wrong, hands up.

A club who appoint Champions League winning managers, EPL winning managers, now appointing this greaseball, ooft.

I think with the squad and funds available etc, he would or should be able to have them top 6 this season. I think though the gung ho might do them well in cups. The thing is, can he change tactics once they’re needing to change? That might be his downfall as he won’t get away with it down there.

May yet change his mind if approached by Celtic?

Also in the article what he was saying in a previous interview before Postecoglou was outward bound--->

Asked about a hypothetical return in an interview re-circulated this week from the aftermath of his departure, Rogers was warm to the possibility - but conceded the feeling might not be mutual.

He admitted: "That challenge may come again, because it was a real challenge to go in.

"That challenge may come again in the future and I'd have absolutely no hesitation going back - it's an incredible club.

"Like everything in life it's just about timing.

"Whether I'd be received back is a different story but would I go back to Celtic? Absolutely."

He might but he could also remember all the paedo fans wanting the Ira to put a bullet in his head.

Thats nonsense.

He is under contract to them therefor they can block the deal or even block him from speaking to them. They can then turn round and say they want X amount to let the deal happen.
Depends on the terms of the rolling contract

A fixed term contract will have more detail but who is not to say that the rolling aspect was only by agreement of both parties at the season’s end ?

7 or 8 out of 20 at a guess. Probably not far off the ratio here.
He’s got a chance. Maybe from one of the cups where other big clubs aren’t taking as serious. Ange will take all tournaments serious I reckon. Maybe 6th place in League or something.

I take back me saying I wish he’d have stayed at Celtic. Reading the rage their fans are going through is fantastic!! :D

It’ll be a curious watch.

Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal will likely be competing for the top four. It’ll be interesting to see if Newcastle improve and you’ve got to think Chelsea will be better.

Brighton & Villa will be competing for that 6th-8th slot.

I can see Spurs notching up a few wins but then getting picked off by the better sides.

That was reported in the Telegraph
"It is believed Postecoglou has agreed a contract that could run for three years and that he has cost Tottenham less than £5million in compensation, with an announcement being prepared."
To be fair, £1 would be less than £5m so its wildly vague. Sounds like they have picked a number they know it wont be and just added ‘less than’ to sound correct.

Thats one of the reasons i don't want them getting Rodgers.

I want maximum upheavel
In a way Rodgers can cause maximum upheaval.

A big % of the scum support won’t take kindly to him reappearing and they’ll be on him like a rash at the first blip. If that happened early doors it could quickly spiral out of control.

I don’t fear any manager they bring in.
We can’t control any of it and we’re on an upward trajectory. Bring them on.

What is is about that lot that they can’t cope when a manager leaves on his own terms to a better league which will set him up for life.I know we were unhappy in the way Steven Gerrard left but not one rangers supporter thought he would be here for the same length of time as Walter.we all knew we were a launch pad for his managerial career.if Stevie g had stayed to the end of the season delivered 2 in a row and said at the end of it “I am moving on to the epl,I need a new challenge” the vast majority would have accepted it and thanked him for his time as manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back