Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think there is a strong possibility that the deals we are seeing come to fruition were well down the road by Wilson before he left. Beale strikes me as the kind of bloke who would easily bask in someone else's glory. We would have been working on this window for months, Butland, Sterling etc would have ben on our radar for a while.

Unrealistic to expect Wilson is recognised for that, but the list we are working on would have been complied long before he left. Or at least I hope it was and scouting has been throughly done.

Does your second sentence have a typo mate ?

We have moaned about not having a clinical third option to play in domestic games and finish the chances off against the poorer teams, we got one, he done exactly what we wanted and now he isn't good enough.

It's not a case of him not being good enough it's a case of struggling to see where he fits in next season with the way Beale has spoke about playing with pace and energy. He's also been available for 16 games since Beale has returned and he's only played 534 minutes which is telling in itself.

Think there is a strong possibility that the deals we are seeing come to fruition were well down the road by Wilson before he left. Beale strikes me as the kind of bloke who would easily bask in someone else's glory. We would have been working on this window for months, Butland, Sterling etc would have ben on our radar for a while.

Unrealistic to expect Wilson is recognised for that, but the list we are working on would have been complied long before he left. Or at least I hope it was and scouting has been throughly done.
He doesn't strike me as that type at all.

I interpreted it as a typo to be fair.
I hope so mate. I think there’s no doubt a fair amount of work was done while Wilson was still here, in fact I think Beale actually alluded to it in past interviews, he would certainly give credit where it’s due.

The difference now is that Beale will have a much bigger say on which of our targets we actually go for now there’s no sporting director

Wit?

I hope so mate. I think there’s no doubt a fair amount of work was done while Wilson was still here, in fact I think Beale actually alluded to it in past interviews, he would certainly give credit where it’s due.

The difference now is that Beale will have a much bigger say on which of our targets we actually go for now there’s no sporting director

Exactly B, I'm positive that he acknowledged Wilson's work with him.

What a shitehawk post.

Beale said when he arrived he’s given Wilson a list of players he wants.

Slightly random thought but I'd be delighted if Trusty signs.

Seen a lot of championship games this season and Birmingham more than a few times. He'd be perfect for us both domestically and in Europe. Pacey, strong enough and very comfortable on the ball. Didn't think he'd be in our price range to be perfectly honest.

If he does sign I'd be very comfortable with Goldson, Souttar and Trusty as 3 of the 4 CH's.

Slightly random thought but I'd be delighted if Trusty signs.

Seen a lot of championship games this season and Birmingham more than a few times. He'd be perfect for us both domestically and in Europe. Pacey, strong enough and very comfortable on the ball. Didn't think he'd be in our price range to be perfectly honest.

If he does sign I'd be very comfortable with Goldson, Souttar and Trusty as 3 of the 4 CH's.

Same here. I think he would be able excellent signing.

If we got Trusty and went with Trusty, Goldson, Souttar and King with Sterling and Lundstram also able to play there Im not sure we would require another CB.

Maybe bring in a CB who can operate at LB like Bassey which could be Panzo?

Boyd scored more goals than Jelavic, Rangers scored more goals with Jelavic than Boyd. Colak isn't what I'd call a player who would lead the line, especially in Europe when we may play with one up front.

Sorry I thought I had quoted someone :D

See the big Kenyan boy who’s available on a free that’s the type of striker I’d like to see us taken a gamble on tbh. His stats are really good and could see him bang them up here.

See the big Kenyan boy who’s available on a free that’s the type of striker I’d like to see us taken a gamble on tbh. His stats are really good and could see him bang them up here.
I’ve just seen that Olunga is now linked to Everton. To me he is a player we should be looking at instead of Dessers.

What an absolute shit house thing to say

Whether the deals were being worked on whilst Wilson was here or not, every signing will be a Michael Beale signing. No player would be getting signed without Beale wanting him.

The manager spoke in a press conference early doors about the club's transfer targets shifting since he arrived, to suit the type of player he wanted.

Out of curiosity, what makes you think that about our manager? It's a pretty bad opinion you have of him, it seems.

Any need for this pish?

Do you think RW has a glowing track record with his signings?
A lot of people on here( goes for not much I know) view RW’s signings record as pretty dismal and therefore MB would want to distance himself from that rather than reflect in his glory.?

Based on that were Raskin and Cantwell RW signings and not MB?

Personally I think there is a scouting team and ostensibly RW was head of that team.
Similarly MB has now acquired that team.
The responsibility for actual signings was previously a joint decision and now only MB.
The buck stops with MB.

I totally agree that the team work on potential signings virtually all year round including spotting Butland and Sterling.
There are probably loads of other potential signings which ultimately result in nothing.

What a terrible shout, Beale actually strikes me as someone who would be the opposite.

It's not a case of him not being good enough it's a case of struggling to see where he fits in next season with the way Beale has spoke about playing with pace and energy. He's also been available for 16 games since Beale has returned and he's only played 534 minutes which is telling in itself.
He was returning from injury.

If we had identified players from RWs time here I expect the first thing Beale would be saying is "Yeah it's someone that we had eyes on from before I was here". Nothing about him strikes me as a guy to take credit or not give credit where it's due.

We have moaned about not having a clinical third option to play in domestic games and finish the chances off against the poorer teams, we got one, he done exactly what we wanted and now he isn't good enough.

Some made their mind up about Colak after his first couple of games and refuse to change their thinking. The usual story with some of our support.

Beale has said multiple times Colak has barely been fit since he took over. About the only game he was fully fit for was Hibs 4-1 game and he raves about he good he was.

From the St Johnstone cup game in January when he returned he didn't get injured again until the St Mirren home game in April so injury isn't an excuse.
Not true it was reported he was still in need of mins after his injuries

Last edited:

Bit funny how every player signed so far has spoken about their meetings with Beale. Wilson deserves no credit whatsoever. It's his fault we're having to do such a rebuild. The guy is a crank.

Hes had some bad games against them, but hes also had motm on occasion as well
When were these motm's? barring an assist for Kent's goal at the piggery i don't remember him being effective and certainly getting any motm awards against them. I do remember him falling asleep at the back post on occasions though..

If we keep Colak then I see us having forward options similar to Walters 2nd spell in charge to allow rotation and manage minutes.

Any league or domestic cup game at home outwith the filth then you can almost guarantee AC will net you goals to gain you the 3pts or cup win. This was the Boyd role.

Europe, filth games or a lot of trickier away fixtures then you want to bring in a Daniel Cousin type, which is the role I see Dessers being in.

Plenty games for both types of striker to help impact our season positively.

Why does it matter?
Because referring to him being Nigerian and that’s why he speaks English is incorrect, he has Nigerian lineage but he speaks perfect English because he’s educated himself in Belgium to be multilingual and credit to him for that!
Same as Aribo and Bassey spoke English because they were born and raised in London, not because they were Nigerian.

When were these motm's? barring an assist for Kent's goal at the piggery i don't remember him being effective and certainly getting any motm awards against them. I do remember him falling asleep at the back post on occasions though..

Just from memory, as Im not trawling through sites to find out everytime he had motm (as i dont care that much about it:))) , but, Im sure he was motm in the game at the piggery when jack scored

Seems like a bit of an unnecessary dig at the manager here for no real reason.
Not at all. He is very free and easy in the way he deals with the media, that was my point. Think he is a very decent manager and have high hopes for him. However do think we are putting a lot of responsibility on his shoulders, think he needs supported properly.

I am not in any way against Beale, think sometimes he could say less to the media, but that is a minor point.

If we had identified players from RWs time here I expect the first thing Beale would be saying is "Yeah it's someone that we had eyes on from before I was here". Nothing about him strikes me as a guy to take credit or not give credit where it's due.

And he pretty much has confirmed that he was working closely with Wilson before he left with regards this summer transfer window.

We know that Raskin was a target of the club before Beale returned, and there were rumours of us looking at Cifuentes in the past too. Beale confirmed that he'd been part of previous discussions about Yilmaz and Matondo before he left for Villa.

My guess is that the players we've signed are people we had information about, maybe even have scouted in the past, but Gio maybe wasn't as interested in them as Beale is.

Not aimed at you Dynamo. That was a interesting interview.

But why is Dessers language skills even a topic of discussion?

What's happened to us as fans that we need to scrutinise every single variable in a transfer?

It's hard not being on top, we will turn it around. What Beale is doing is at least exciting.

But does the transfer window really need the joy sucked right out of it?
At least it’s not his height.

If the world was a better place we would all get a chance to experience the type of love you have for Ross Wilson.

Afternoon Ross

I'm pretty sure Beale confirmed this in a press conference.

That he & Wilson had been working on the plan for months, and that he appreciated his support ?
He also said Alan McGregor was the best goalkeeper in Scotland.

He says what he has to in press conferences. The fact is Wilson left without the club appearing to make any attempt to keep him.

He also said Alan McGregor was the best goalkeeper in Scotland.

He says what he has to in press conferences. The fact is Wilson left without the club appearing to make any attempt to keep him.
If any of our staff or players are offered an EPL gig we won't be competing on wages. Sad but that is the reality.

If we keep Colak then I see us having forward options similar to Walters 2nd spell in charge to allow rotation and manage minutes.

Any league or domestic cup game at home outwith the filth then you can almost guarantee AC will net you goals to gain you the 3pts or cup win. This was the Boyd role.

Europe, filth games or a lot of trickier away fixtures then you want to bring in a Daniel Cousin type, which is the role I see Dessers being in.

Plenty games for both types of striker to help impact our season positively.

That's probably a fair summary.

It's a bit like the Moneyball approach. We can't afford 2 strikers who have everything, so we get a goalscorer to put the jobbers to the sword and a more athletic frontman to link the play and get us up the park against better teams.

The missing link is who scores the goals in the big games?

Even allowing for Kamara/Hagi to be sold, CM wise if we sign Cifuentes we will be carrying:

Jack/Lundstram - Cifuentes/Raskin - Cantwell/Dowell

I can't see us realistically signing more when that's 6 for 3 spots. You then have the likes of Lowry as back-up.

Agree with this. I think we'll focus on the forward areas from now and midfield will be from that list, and strengthened further with only one addition in next window or next summer.

I'm hoping with it being a bit revolutionary this summer, we get a good hit rate and are able to focus on one or two quality additions for the next few windows.

Strong possibility based on which evidence exactly?

OK.

Not sure that changes my point. Beale gave Wilson credit for the work they had done together on the recruitment plan.

It's easy to pass on a polite platitude in a press conference.

I think it's more telling that we only made 1 signing in January in Raskin that was known as a pre-Beale target. I'm speculating but I think that suggests Beale didn't fancy many of the others on the list.

I can take or leave Colak tbh but he does have his uses.

He's a horses-for-courses type of striker.

I'd play him a lot of games at Ibrox against the dross when we've 70% possession and about 50 efforts at goal.

Against the likes of Celtic and away to Pittodrie then no chance, The likes of a Dessers leading the line with a good winger with end product to get in behind would do.

Europe again the likes of Dessers leading the line.

It just depends.

I know we hate talking about squad options when we're still maybe crying out for x3 first team starters that will change games but we should be a team with all sorts of different options who can go fluid in games and change it up and go with a Colak if needed and then change it back up again.

If Colak doesn't want to be a squad player and thinks he's worth more then that's his prerogative and we can move on and sign someone else and it won't be the end of the world.

It's easy to pass on a polite platitude in a press conference.

I think it's more telling that we only made 1 signing in January in Raskin that was known as a pre-Beale target. I'm speculating but I think that suggests Beale didn't fancy many of the others on the list.

I'm not supporting Wilson in any of my comments B84.

I was simply pointing out, from an integrity point of view, that Michael Beale gave supporting comments about Wilson with respect to his & the club's recruitment plan.

I'm not here to praise or excuse Ross Wilson mate.

That's probably a fair summary.

It's a bit like the Moneyball approach. We can't afford 2 strikers who have everything, so we get a goalscorer to put the jobbers to the sword and a more athletic frontman to link the play and get us up the park against better teams.

The missing link is who scores the goals in the big games?

Kemar Roofe? B-)

Nah but seriously, I'm not much of a Colak fan, but as a 3rd choice, and being available for certain league games that we are stick ons to win, I'm happy enough.

Dessers + 1 other perhaps more pacey option and then our options are looking good imo

I'm not supporting Wilson in any of my comments B84.

I was simply pointing out, from an integrity point of view, that Michael Beale gave supporting comments about Wilson with respect to his & the club's recruitment plan.

I'm not here to praise or excuse Ross Wilson mate.
Understood.

I agree that MB's conduct is beyond reproach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back