Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this say mate ?
Cremonese, Cyriel Dessers on the verge of a farewell to the grigiorossi: Scotland and Rangers in his future

Cyriel Dessers is close to saying goodbye to Cremonese and Serie A. According to reports from Il Corriere dello Sport, the Belgian striker is one step away from Glasgow Rangers.

The former Feyenoord man says goodbye to Serie A with 29 appearances, 7 goals and 2 assists.

Some of the stick Colak is getting on here is nonsense.More than good enough to play for us.

Imagine just how much worse (if it could have been worse) last season will have been without his goals in the first half of the season.

He was unfortunate with the injury, and for some reason an overweight sulking Morelos was favoured over him in the big games at the end of the season.

Would I want a new striker to come in as Beales number 1 choice upfront? Absolutely. But providing we have a successful season next year, we could be playing a lot of games. 65 games played in 21/22 season. We can’t rely on our new man to start everything and Colak is more than capable.

Cremonese, Cyriel Dessers on the verge of a farewell to the grigiorossi: Scotland and Rangers in his future

Cyriel Dessers is close to saying goodbye to Cremonese and Serie A. According to reports from Il Corriere dello Sport, the Belgian striker is one step away from Glasgow Rangers.

The former Feyenoord man says goodbye to Serie A with 29 appearances, 7 goals and 2 assists.

Thanks SB.

he said his goodbyes basically
Dessers bids farewell to creaminess and is heading towards Rangers roughly translated
Calciomercato Cremonese, Dessers towards the farewell, direction Rangers

According to Google translate!
Cyriel Dessers is close to saying goodbye to Cremonese and Serie A. As reported by Il Corriere dello Sport, the Belgian striker would be one step away from Glasgow Rangers.

Thanks team.

It’s coming home.

Cyriel Dessers is close to saying goodbye to Cremonese and Serie A. As reported by Il Corriere dello Sport , the Belgian forward is one step away from Glasgow Rangers .

I do wonder if Beale’s gonna take a chance on Roofe

His comments about the hip op, being ready for preseason and his family moving up here for the 1st time since he signed makes me think he’s going to be part of the plans.

He can surely only start off as 3rd choice striker though

Dessers in along with one other, with Ćolak moved on to make way for the other is how I see it playing out.

We should get our cash back for Ćolak and I just don’t see him as a Beale type player

His comments about the hip op, being ready for preseason and his family moving up here for the 1st time since he signed makes me think he’s going to be part of the plans.

Dessers in along with one other, with Ćolak moved on to make way for the other is how I see it playing out.

We should get our cash back for Ćolak and I just don’t see him as a Beale type player

I'd much rather rely on Colak than Roofe.

If he chooses to go then of course we will wish Colak well & get a replacement in, because the likelihood of playing with two strikers will undoubtedly increase next season, given our last few games.

Last edited:

His family don’t live here? Seems weird for them to move now when he’ll likely be leaving the country permanently next summer.

For anyone wondering about the legitimacy of Corriere dello Sport as a source:

DJtGBUGXgAIYEwz.jpg

I assumed his family were living up here? He's forever posting clips on Instagram of his kids horse riding and so on.

Would be great if MB can get some medical assurance re KR however it would be difficult to believe there is a mainline role for him .
Eg how can a manager devise a big game plan for a number of days including attacking drills and mechanisms we want to use when KR can fall over injured at pretty much any minute .

It’s simply not practical is it ?

From what we have been hearing from Beale regarding Roofe surgery and his family moving up full time hopefully bodes well for the lads future.

A fully fit Kemar Roofe is absolutely unreal news for us. The lad is one of the most, IF not the most dangerous forwards in the League.

If we can have him fit and available and bring in say, Dessers, then we are in a very very good place.

Roll on next season, just for Cantwell alone!!!

Slightly random thought but I'd be delighted if Trusty signs.

Seen a lot of championship games this season and Birmingham more than a few times. He'd be perfect for us both domestically and in Europe. Pacey, strong enough and very comfortable on the ball. Didn't think he'd be in our price range to be perfectly honest.

If he does sign I'd be very comfortable with Goldson, Souttar and Trusty as 3 of the 4 CH's.

Different roles I think mate there would also be a left CD to replace Helander just don’t know who that will be .

Panzo will cover LB and LWB I reckon
Trusty can cover left back too

I'd not discount a striker who can also double as a wide forward. Someone like Lammers or Maja who have the potential to make the wide forward role their own, but also can be part of the pool of centre forwards available. Might be how we keep 4 happy if Roofe is fit

So we are possibly spending roughly £4m on Dessers what positions are we spending other transfer fees on?
I would guess we’ll be adding at least two wingers/inside forwards/whatever role the wide men play. Kent and Wright leaving and can’t see us relying on Sakala and Matondo. Lawrence might play there when he’s back but it’s a big gamble after a long injury

I'd not discount a striker who can also double as a wide forward. Someone like Lammers or Maja who have the potential to make the wide forward role their own, but also can be part of the pool of centre forwards available. Might be how we keep 4 happy if Roofe is fit
Yeah seems sure we are looking for that type of skillset . That was one of the positives in the argument for Skov Olsen however many wondows ago that was , ooops sorry for bringing that name up yet again hehe

Well, the only thing my Belgian colleague can say about Dessers moving for around 4million was that he must have a bloody good agent.
Apparently he likes time on the ball and is soft, so that will be fun to see in the Scottish game.
When he played for Genk he was missing sitters from right infront of the goal. Turning up for a few games then he was like a man down.
Hopefully he has changes since his Genk days was another comment.

Well, the only thing my Belgian colleague can say about Dessers moving for around 4million was that he must have a bloody good agent.
Apparently he likes time on the ball and is soft, so that will be fun to see in the Scottish game.
When he played for Genk he was missing sitters from right infront of the goal. Turning up for a few games then he was like a man down.
At Genk he scored 7 goals in about 10 games worth of minutes. I hope he hasn't changed because that's a great record for someone so awful.

Yeah beale has never actually seen the guy play he just wants him based on the good work of his agent.

From what i've seen, Trusty is more suited to LCB & Panzo to LB.

On the basis of Borna, Helander & Davies going, i'd love both of them.
Tavernier
Sterling
Souttar
Goldson
Trusty
Panzo
Yilmaz

If that could be our defence. While selling or sending on loan from last season Helander, Davies, Barisic, King and Devine. That would be 5 out and 3 in. This would streamline the squad, but also have more quality and competition as Beale has said. Especially with Panzo and Sterling able to step into Centre Half.

Does your colleague have a similar footballing background to Arne Slot and Michael Beale?

Last edited:
From what we have been hearing from Beale regarding Roofe surgery and his family moving up full time hopefully bodes well for the lads future.

A fully fit Kemar Roofe is absolutely unreal news for us. The lad is one of the most, IF not the most dangerous forwards in the League.

If we can have him fit and available and bring in say, Dessers, then we are in a very very good place.

Roll on next season, just for Cantwell alone!!!
I agree with you mate. Fully fit he is class and such a good finisher.

I would prefer Dessers and Maja, with Roofe though. I'm not a fan of Colak and dont believe he fits the style of play Beale wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back