Not open for further replies.
Tavernier
Sterling
Souttar
Goldson
Trusty
Panzo
Yilmaz

If that could be our defence. While selling or sending on loan from last season Helander, Davies, Barisic, King and Devine. That would be 5 out and 3 in. This would streamline the squad, but also have more quality and competition as Beale has said. Especially with Panzo and Sterling able to step into Centre Half.

Would be a massive step forward imo Stephen.

Much more energy & pace & athleticism. And also ability to hurt teams offensively.

Would be a massive step forward imo Stephen.

Much more energy & pace & athleticism. And also ability to hurt teams offensively.
Yeah plus give us a lot of flexibility for certain matches. Imagine a tough European away game we could go Sterling Trusty Goldson and Panzo as the back 4. Almost a Newcastle esc system with height and power. Tavernier could play the advanced role that night, as Beale and Gerrard trialed a couple of times when Patterson was right back and Tavernier advanced.

Colak can defo do a job in the league but I doubt he will want to stay as 2nd or 3rd choice striker. I wouldn't be against him staying.

If Colak stays we need 2 strikers and if he goes we need 3.

Roofe can't be trusted so hopefully Beale is planning without him. Annoys the life out me we still have him kicking about the squad.
Exactly what I think

At Genk he scored 7 goals in about 10 games worth of minutes. I hope he hasn't changed because that's a great record for someone so awful.
I hope he works out as well, I was just passing on comments from someone who has seen him play plenty of times. The other question is if he was so good why did he play so few minutes.
I suppose we just have to wait and see and put our trust in Beale, He's done not bad with Todd and Nico.

At Genk he scored 7 goals in about 10 games worth of minutes. I hope he hasn't changed because that's a great record for someone so awful.
Think as they play with one up top with 2 wide system and they had Paul Onuachu starting who is 6 foot 7 and scored 79 goals in 114 appearances before going to Southampton for 18 million.

Sorry meant to reply to other poster with this explanation for lack of minutes.

Tavernier
Sterling
Souttar
Goldson
Trusty
Panzo
Yilmaz

If that could be our defence. While selling or sending on loan from last season Helander, Davies, Barisic, King and Devine. That would be 5 out and 3 in. This would streamline the squad, but also have more quality and competition as Beale has said. Especially with Panzo and Sterling able to step into Centre Half.
I really fucking hope this happens.

I hope he works out as well, I was just passing on comments from someone who has seen him play plenty of times. The other question is if he was so good why did he play so few minutes.
I suppose we just have to wait and see and put our trust in Beale, He's done not bad with Todd and Nico.
Think as they play with one up top with 2 wide system and they had Paul Onuachu starting who is 6 foot 7 and scored 79 goals in 114 appearances before going to Southampton for 18 million.

Think there is a strong possibility that the deals we are seeing come to fruition were well down the road by Wilson before he left. Beale strikes me as the kind of bloke who would easily bask in someone else's glory. We would have been working on this window for months, Butland, Sterling etc would have ben on our radar for a while.

Unrealistic to expect Wilson is recognised for that, but the list we are working on would have been complied long before he left. Or at least I hope it was and scouting has been throughly done.

Wild, you’d have a point of every signing hadn’t made a point of mentioning Beale put the groundwork in by going to meet them and sharing his vision etc.

Utterly ridiculous thing to say about our manager.

So we are possibly spending roughly £4m on Dessers what positions are we spending other transfer fees on?
I'd like to see more money spent on players at the top end of the park who can score and create goals. Maybe another 2 or 3. We needn't really on only a few.

I would also like to see money spent on a new 1st choice centre back. We've never really replaced Helander.

To get Butland on a free is a bonus, as I would've been happy to spend money on a dependable goalkeeper.

Panzo games at Left back can be explained by Coventry playing a back 3 all season. He would be more comfortable as a left back in a back 4 than a out and out wing back.

Trusty played 48 v Panzo 32 also.

The clips of him on loan at Cercle & young England excited me. Taking men on, crossing looked good & he also was splitting defences comfortably too.

Yeah plus give us a lot of flexibility for certain matches. Imagine a tough European away game we could go Sterling Trusty Goldson and Panzo as the back 4. Almost a Newcastle esc system with height and power. Tavernier could play the advanced role that night, as Beale and Gerrard trialed a couple of times when Patterson was right back and Tavernier advanced.

Would be bloody helpful on set pieces too.

Lack of respect Colak gets on here is minging.
It's just understanding what he's good at and what he isn't. He was perfect for Gio because he was just played as the penalty box striker who put chances he got away with little else responsibility for how we played when in possession. Beale wants the strikers to do far more and Colak isn't a good enough footballer or athletic enough to do it well. Morelos was a shell of himself who has lost all pace and he was still the better striker between him and Colak when Beale returned. Also makes more sense why he was so poor at PAOK if they weren't playing him as the poacher he is.

That's not to say he's pish either, he's not but there's no point keeping a player at the club as the third choice striker when you won't get the best out of him and he will barely play.

I'd not discount a striker who can also double as a wide forward. Someone like Lammers or Maja who have the potential to make the wide forward role their own, but also can be part of the pool of centre forwards available. Might be how we keep 4 happy if Roofe is fit
Lammers who hasnt scored a decent amount of goals in years why? Yet Colak to be sold, our top scorer even while out injured. Youve got to laugh at how mental this place is. Have you watched Lammers play in the last couple of years?

I think there was interest from us on this player , that’s about pricing and they clearly want to sell but while we possibly like the guy we are not rating him to those higher numbers .

Probably go for Whittaker now similar type of position?
From how the video compilations look Palma is dedicated to lhs and sometimes central whereas Whittaker clips say he’s rhs and central so I reckon they are two separate roles but of course that may not be correct and wouldn’t mean each player couldn’t do left right and centre .

Interesting

Last edited:
To be honest out of the players linked to us Palma is probably the one I was least excited about, especially with a sizeable fee involved. I’m not convinced we were ever in for him anyway.
What I think the compilation says is he is a very precise kicker of the ball and that came through on freekicks , corners and goal shots . Not sure how quick or how good a team player he is but I think I sense a player with craft and cleverness .
If that’s the case more generally then you have a player who can get say 3 opportunities in a game and turn one to gold . That would make him an attractive option imo because most players need a whole lot more .

Of course that could be done to the editing & presentation of the compilation and why football scouts scrutinise all sorts of sources they have access to .

I would like Trusty to be the next signing - maybe I am old school but get the goalkeeper & defence sorted first. Our inability to deal with cross balls and set pieces last season was exasperating, to put it mildly.
Our stats on dead balls have leapt upwards but it was a problem prior to MB arriving and yeah we would like to improve it further especially given it is one of the Tim’s weaknesses .

Trusty or a player of that sort seem to be in plan though you should have no fears on that one .

Well, the only thing my Belgian colleague can say about Dessers moving for around 4million was that he must have a bloody good agent.
Apparently he likes time on the ball and is soft, so that will be fun to see in the Scottish game.
When he played for Genk he was missing sitters from right infront of the goal. Turning up for a few games then he was like a man down.
Hopefully he has changes since his Genk days was another comment.
Sounds like your Belgian colleague would fit right in here on FF.

Tavernier
Sterling
Souttar
Goldson
Trusty
Panzo
Yilmaz

That would be amazing. Do you think we will get all of them mate??

Well, the only thing my Belgian colleague can say about Dessers moving for around 4million was that he must have a bloody good agent.
Apparently he likes time on the ball and is soft, so that will be fun to see in the Scottish game.
When he played for Genk he was missing sitters from right infront of the goal. Turning up for a few games then he was like a man down.
Hopefully he has changes since his Genk days was another comment.
A shame that the coaching team and scouts at Cremonese didn't have this insight before spending 6 million on him. Although if he's Belgian he must know, no Scottish person has awful opinions about Scottish players after all.

That's not to say he's pish either, he's not but there's no point keeping a player at the club as the third choice striker when you won't get the best out of him and he will barely play.

To me he’s ideal as a striker on the bench. Doesn’t offer enough all round to be our starting 9 but is one of, if not the best, finisher we have so exactly who you want to bring on if you need a goal late in games.

Seems to have been a lot of rumours for a long time on Panzo. Trusty seems like he will have a lot of options and transfer fee will be quite high, but let’s hope if we have an interest we can get him.
I would hold off the Trusty hard on’s just yet. People I trust who follow the championship say he’s average, and he was in a partnership with Dion Sanderson that finished 18th. He’s also less rated than James Sands as a centre half for the USMT.

He might sign and turn out to be amazing, but there’s an awful lot of excitement currently based on very little.

What happened to the Aarhus giant, or the Georgian at Cremonese? Paper talk?

It's just understanding what he's good at and what he isn't. He was perfect for Gio because he was just played as the penalty box striker who put chances he got away with little else responsibility for how we played when in possession. Beale wants the strikers to do far more and Colak isn't a good enough footballer or athletic enough to do it well. Morelos was a shell of himself who has lost all pace and he was still the better striker between him and Colak when Beale returned. Also makes more sense why he was so poor at PAOK if they weren't playing him as the poacher he is.

So what are you saying. We shouldnt have a 3rd choice striker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back