Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most consistent, and most rewarding, way we'll make money is by progressing in Europe. We made more in 2 seasons there than the sales of Patterson, Bassey and Aribo combined brought in.

We'll have Yilmaz, Raskin, Cantwell and Cifuentes (when signed) who have high potential in terms of making us decent money. Sterling, Lowry, King and Devine have a chance. We have talented youngsters in Lovelace, Rice and some others just behind them who were generating interest from English clubs and beyond.

We'll have enough about us when it comes to potential sales.
Spot on.

If they fit our style of play and put the ball in the net regularly, it’s going to lead to silverware domestically and success in European games.

You’ll have more confident performances & better G/A from Yilmaz, Raskin and Cantwell.

I said yesterday there is more than one way to skin a cat. If the strikers don’t have sell on value, they can more than pay for themselves in prize money, CL money and making others in the squad more valuable.

If we could have a fully fit Roofe as 3rd choice striker we are champions without a doubt.

Don't really know much about Dessers ive never seen the fella play. From what I have read and seen the lad looks a real proper striker.

Again if we can have Roofe fit and available then any upgrade ahead of him I would be confident we would have the necessary firepower to be Champions.

Even a fully fit Roofe could have seen us win the title that season just gone.

I think Beale is giving Kemar every opportunity to prove himself as Beale knows the qaulity he brings.
The sooner we stop counting on Roofe we’ll be in a better position.

Jack was available for 40 games this season.
Feels like he was out for a few spells too?

Just shows the demand modern football places on human beings, no matter how well paid they are.

Speaks volumes that he’s an automatic starter for club and country, even when not match fit.

Feels like he was out for a few spells too?

Just shows the demand modern football places on human beings, no matter how well paid they are.

Speaks volumes that he’s an automatic starter for club and country, even when not match fit.
He missed 8 games with a calf injury which was his one “prolonged” absence.

Couple of niggles here and there too but was still available (ie. either played or was an unused sub) in over 70% of games.

He’s clearly never gonna play in every game but last season especially, people do seem to have just invented that Jack was never fit.

Remember Amoruso getting a good few that season, couldn't have been too far off 10 himself.
Guy next to me in the enclosure way back when put a fiver on Ammo anytime scorer every game.

Paid him & his boy's season ticket that year. May even have been first goalscorer

Imo we would be mad to spend nearly 5m on dessers who is nearly 30, I get not everyone can have sell on value but for that kind of money not for me, would rather keep colak and buy someone who we could hopefully make some money on, we need more players who will make us money in the future in the squad.
Why do we need to make money on everyone these days? We badly need to start lifting trophies again, never mind turning over profits on every single player we sign.

Can you expand on his abilities or lack of?
Clinical finisher who is comfortable with both feet. Saw him score a rocket v Cliftonville which was nice. Mix of his goals come from both inside and outside the box so not the typical poacher.

Likes to drop deep and build the play. Reminded me about Alfie a bit. Dribbling from memory was ok but from the games I saw him he wouldn’t really take someone on. Would prefer to pass or shoot

Good work rate not the quickest but not slow. As a poster mentioned before the Slovak league isn’t the best quality but he has an eye for the goal.

Again personal choice but that’s a more exciting signing than Lammers imo

Need to wait and see them playing for us under Beale but I can understand why folk aren't blown away by the names being touted.
Think everyone was just excited at the prospect of us spending a decent amount on a good replacement for Morelos.

The names linked aren’t overly exciting but as you say, we need to wait and see.

If we could have a fully fit Roofe as 3rd choice striker we are champions without a doubt.

Don't really know much about Dessers ive never seen the fella play. From what I have read and seen the lad looks a real proper striker.

Again if we can have Roofe fit and available then any upgrade ahead of him I would be confident we would have the necessary firepower to be Champions.

Even a fully fit Roofe could have seen us win the title that season just gone.

I think Beale is giving Kemar every opportunity to prove himself as Beale knows the qaulity he brings.

A fit Roofe is more than capable of starting regularly but it will be mostly likely as the right sided 10 behind a lone striker which is where he played his best football under Gerrard.

Lammers is an odd one, his clips on Youtube are brilliant. Looks a real tidy player with great footwork and it will help having his height.

Anyone know anything about the teams he's played for and why his goal numbers are so low though? Doesn't add up to the player he looks..
Most of the footage was from 2018/19 season

Yip and we seem to be a move to late for some of these guys.
Would love for us to unearth some of these players earlier when they are in our price range.
The thing is, Midtjylland and Copenhagen scoop up half the Danish talents at a couple of mil and more often than not at least double their money. Those players are always going to pick those two teams because of their track record the last few years of constantly developing and selling players to the big leagues.

We need to get in on the Norwegian league before it ends up like that.

Arfield was the only reliable one and if he played every week from the start would be hitting double figures each season with his eyes shut.

Even with his limited minutes last year he still scored 9 goals. That's 9 goals that Kamara, Davis and Jack aren't getting.
Tillman scored 12 goals and assisted 5 goals. We often looked to him to be our key player for goals in the big games (namely the Old Firm games).

I think the fact that we almost depended upon him for those games says a lot about how valuable he was.
Unfortunately, we probably had too high an expectation for a rookie to turn up in every big game, but he had his big moments (USG and PSV to name a couple). We sometimes need others to contribute so we aren't reliant on very few. For years it was Tav and Morelos (and occasionally the likes of a Kent or Aribo), last year it was Tav and Tillman. That's not enough.

As a result there are some who wouldn't like to see Tillman signed. I'd be delighted to see him back and providing those kind of numbers, and also likely improving as a player.

The sooner we stop counting on Roofe we’ll be in a better position.
Great player. Excellent to have when fit. But the key is not to plan for that. If he happens to return to fitness then that's a bonus, not something we should expect and plan around.

Cantwell might chip in with a couple, Lawrence too but couldn’t do any worse than we have the last two seasons could we.

I wonder if we’ll side wide players or likely go with Cantwell and Lawrence as the 10’s.

Sorry if folk have seen me post this loads of times, but of all the top leagues, Serie A isn't so much a gold mine, but in terms of £3m-£5m players who don't fit into the team or league, it can be a good place for teams with budgets like ours can get value.

There are no guarantees of course and so far as the debates on stats go, Michael Beale said a few weeks ago it's about identifying the player first then using stats to back it up.

Some of the players we signed in the naughties, especially from top clubs, were miles off their past or future best when we got them.

There is no certainty in the market we operate , ones we think will be brilliant might not. Vice Versa. Let's not slaughter or indeed laud signings before they get a chance . The over enthusiastic entry of Ramsay should let you know that . All we do is support from day one .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back