Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under Beale we have signed Butland, Sterling, Raskin, Cantwell and Dowell. IMO the first 4 are definite improvements to the starting 11.

Every player has stated that Beale has spoken specifically about the role he wants them to play. If he sees something in Lammers that’s fits in with that then we should trust and get behind him.

He doesn’t need to be scoring a hat trick every game to be an important part of the team.

Are the Tav to Leeds rumours a load of pish?

Sorry if this is old news, not following this thread much.
Haven’t heard anything about it but assuming that the money we’d want for our captain is more than Leeds would want to pay for him

Every signing is a gamble. Hateley wasn't exactly a prolific scorer, McCoist wisnae doing much at Soonderland and they turned out fine.

Jelavic was a proper number 9. Lammers is more of a 'forward' who can create for the other striker/attackers.
Confused. He only has 3 assists to his name in the last 4 years. How is this creating for others. I think his promotion vids have been well edited & rather deceptive. Hope I am proved wrong and he is a roaring success if signed but. We will just have to wait & see.

Confused. He only has 3 assists to his name in the last 4 years. How is this creating for others. I think his promotion vids have been well edited & rather deceptive. Hope I am proved wrong and he is a roaring success if signed but. We will just have to wait & see.
Because it's not as black/white and binary as him getting that literal final touch before the other person scores the goal.

You can create goals by being strong, taking the ball under close control, dropping the shoulder and opening a low block right up before slipping it to someone who tee's up the goalscorer.

That's why assist stats are highly skewed. Trust your eyes. You can see who's done well and responsible for creating any goal.

Mate I went to see Hertha Berlin a few weeks ago. Their squad is valued at €93m. They were pish. Motherwell or Hibs would rip them apart. These squad values are nonsense usually.

Hahahaha surely you haven’t actually written this in a serious manner?

Someone should make a compilation book of this the transfer thread, you’d be quids in every 6 months selling hot takes like this.

Hahahaha surely you haven’t actually written this in a serious manner?

Someone should make a compilation book of this the transfer thread, you’d be quids in every 6 months selling hot takes like this.
Some seriously wild stuff going on in here.

These guys haven’t even signed for the club yet, but we have them written off by scouts who are very clearly the envy of the football world in here.

Football Manager has a lot to answer for here, than and clearly copious amounts of very, very strong narcotics.

These guys haven’t even signed for the club yet, but we have them written off by scouts who are very clearly the envy of the football world in here.

Football Manager has a lot to answer for here, than and clearly copious amounts of very, very strong narcotics.

Folk desperate for people to fail so they can say ‘told you so’, weird behaviour.

Motherwell ripping Hertha Berlin apart is so good. It literally sounds like something Alan Partridge would say up against it on Midmorning Matters mid-flakey.

images

Don't blame football manager. Blame Ange leaving. Some of the lurkers seem to be taking it bloody hard.

Don't blame football manager. Blame Ange leaving. Some of the lurkers seem to be taking it bloody hard.
%^*&, hasn’t considered that!!

Few posts on here have certainly outed a few wrong ‘uns.

They have been in mourning to be fair, and we all know grief affects folk in different ways, and in their case it’s to infect the Transfer thread among other threads with their utter nonsense.

Some clarity is required for a few.

We’ve gotta just wait to see what happens and have faith that the gaffer gets it right and these players, if and when they sign, also get it right.

It’s imperative that we hit the ground running regardless of what the scum do.

That’s possibly the most ringing endorsement for a player I have ever read here.

Presume your “faith” in him is based on having watched a lot of him in all these countries
Knew about him in Holland and remember is transfer to Atalanta. Seen him play a many times but just through watching games and not him in particular. Had the ability to be an excellent player but just couldnt adapt to the Italian league I guess. I really like his ability and think he will adjust very well to the Scottish game.

Good to hear, have you seen much of him before he was touted for us?
Knew about him and seen him a few times before he was linked but only passively matches not just watching him if that makes sense. Since we were linked I read a lot of match reports and match highlights etc and really think he would do very well in Scotland. Best thing to do is watch actual matches and highlights rather than just the Youtube videos about the players specifically.

Is he an out and out striker or more of a wide player like Skov Olsen?
He mainly played upfront with Gabbiadini in a front 2 but from highlights and reports I have seen, he likes to drift wide often and take players on.

%^*&, hasn’t considered that!!

Few posts on here have certainly outed a few wrong ‘uns.

They have been in mourning to be fair, and we all know grief affects folk in different ways, and in their case it’s to infect the Transfer thread among other threads with their utter nonsense.

Some clarity is required for a few.

We’ve gotta just wait to see what happens and have faith that the gaffer gets it right and these players, if and when they sign, also get it right.

It’s imperative that we hit the ground running regardless of what the scum do.
I can’t understand how any genuine fan can be unhappy with either the players signed or the players linked. Sterling has promise and seems highly rated, Dowell I’m not overly excited about but then he has the same background as Cantwell and if he turns out even half as good we’ve won a watch. Butland is a fantastic goalkeeper and a real catch for us. The boy from America seems a very exciting player who will get the fans excited. A couple of decent forwards from Italy too.

People forget we are shopping for players whose career has stalled, upcoming youngsters or players past their best. Anyone at their peak are out of the range of any club outside the top 6 leagues in terms of cost. The world is a much smaller place now too with scouts and clubs all over the world so the days of unearthing a world class player from South America that no one had found are over too. The really great players are snapped up at 15 year old by the giants. The scum showed there are still bargains to be made by casting the net wider and we seem to have taken that onboard (Italy, America). I would like us to get scouts out into Asia and maybe South America but then these come with more risk that a player settles.

We wanted a new number 1. We got a cracking one. We wanted the likes of Kent and Alfie to go and every player the fans wanted released have gone. We wanted deals done early and we already have 3 and seem close on a few more. And the key reminder - the transfer window hasn’t bloody opened yet! So many people unhappy are either permanently miserable or are scum trolls.

Because he is a cripple.

By that measure Cedric Itten was a success when he wasnt
That's nonsense mate.

Helander played almost every game in that season next to Goldson with our best ever defensive recorded (was it a UK record too?)

He was formidable.

Itten played about a dozen games out of, at a guess, roughly 65-games in all competitions?

There's a wee footballing cliche about goals win games but defences win you titles - that was 100% relevant to us (and Helander) that season.

Scored 1 in every 4.9 games with the sheep

Scored 1 in every 4.5 games with Bologna.

Case closed :)
Did you know that players can and often improve as they mature and get more experience at a higher level?

Quite a novel prospect for some.

Did you know that players can and often improve as they mature and get more experience at a higher level?

Quite a novel prospect indeed.
Yes indeed but saying 10 goals in serie A equates to 25 on SPFL, simply isn’t factual, which was the point to my reply that you then replied to…pmsl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back