Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct.

If you want a 20+ goal scorer from Seria A then you better hope we've found 50-60-million and after that hope he's happy coming to Scotland for 30-grand a week instead of Bayern, Man City, Liverpool, Barcelona and 200-grand a week.

I've no problem with anyone being critical or unhappy of a potential signing but when the realism is gone that's the issue.
Spot on .

Correct.

If you want a 20+ goal scorer from Seria A then you better hope we've found 50-60-million and after that hope he's happy coming to Scotland for 30-grand a week instead of Bayern, Man City, Liverpool, Barcelona and 200-grand a week.

I've no problem with anyone being critical or unhappy of a potential signing but when the realism is gone that's the issue.

Colak only scored about 2 goals in Greece, came here and banged them in because we make more chances, not sure if that fact will ever register with the numbskulls though.

Assuming Dessers, Lammers and Cifu sign in the next 7-10 days what do we think is next up?

LCB? Been linked with a few players; possibly waiting to see if we shift Davies first before we decide how much were spending?

We haven’t had much talk of Kent’s “replacement” which you would assume would be a priority position.

I reckon we need another CM as the assumption is Kamara will go.
I think we'd be about close to done if these 3 come in. Stirling can play LCB. King is still here. Davies is still here.
Maybe if Davis is sold, we go for another but as it stands I wonder if we would add another.

If we are going to get a quality striker, and Lammers looks a very good footballer, it is probably going to be someone thats had a tough time in a better league and wants to get his career back on track. Manager has probably been watching him for a long time well before he moved there.

Can understand why some posters are concerned with his goal return right enough the stuff about how tough serie A can be is actually insane, half the sides are about as big as Hibs or Motherwell and probably not much better either.
You genuinely think Motherwell and Hibs would comfortably survive in Serie A?

I think Lammers would be seen as a credible option for both. The Roofe of it does complicate things somewhat. Too good not to play, too injured to plan to play.

We can likely keep 3 forwards happy when playing just 1 a week. We'd certainly want 3 available
I see a few posters on here have either been out in the sun too long, been drinking all night or have been dropped on their heads

Motherwell competing in Serie A. Jesus
[/Q
Hahaha aye the same Motherwell who got paped out of Europe by Sligo Rovers aswell. These threads always attract a few crackpots.
Only a few ???????

I think we'd be about close to done if these 3 come in. Stirling can play LCB. King is still here. Davies is still here.
Maybe if Davis is sold, we go for another but as it stands I wonder if we would add another.
Defensively you might be correct but I reckon we’ll add another regardless. I think the standard of that player will depend on Davies situation.

We definitely need to add some more attacking options.

MDB has more wit & sly humour than the poster being commented on.

It’s little surprise to hear the Serie A analysis. We had folks on the Euro Conference League thread suggesting it was a tournament for clubs the level of Hearts + Hibs. Scottish football must be terrific in their world.

Can’t say that jogs any memories. What was he particularly notable for ?
Post #6046 onwards in the linked thread will give you the gist. Tried in vain to find the 'meltdown' thread.:( With your post history you are taking the piss if you're claiming never to have heard of him. Its you, isn't it?:):)

Interested to know what the top scorer charts in Serie A are like compared to other leagues around Europe.

Could be the case that Serie A Is a tougher league to find the net. Italians famed for the their defence abilities.

Even tougher playing for one of the relegation fodder.

Could be why Dessers hasnt been prolific,

Out of interest, how many do we reckon AM would get in serie A considering he bareky makes double figures over a course of a season in Scotland.

Post #6046 onwards in the linked thread will give you the gist. Tried in vain to find the 'meltdown' thread.:( With your post history you are taking the piss if you're claiming never to have heard of him. Its you, isn't it?:):)

Haha, loads of names have come and gone on this forum, and I drink too much at any rate.

But no, it’s most assuredly not me

Assuming Dessers, Lammers and Cifu sign in the next 7-10 days what do we think is next up?

LCB? Been linked with a few players; possibly waiting to see if we shift Davies first before we decide how much were spending?

We haven’t had much talk of Kent’s “replacement” which you would assume would be a priority position.

I reckon we need another CM as the assumption is Kamara will go.

Cantwell is Kent’s replacement. We were just lucky enough to get him in January.

If Lammers was a loan with an option to buy at £3m I could see the argument for taking the chance but £3m upfront with his career track record? No thanks. I can only imagine the glee with which PSV accepted that €9m from Atalanta... and the glee Atalanta would have at recouping a third of that for a player that failed to make an impact with them plus 3 separate other loan spells!

If Lammers was a loan with an option to buy at £3m I could see the argument for taking the chance but £3m upfront with his career track record? No thanks. I can only imagine the glee with which PSV accepted that €9m from Atalanta... and the glee Atalanta would have at recouping a third of that for a player that failed to make an impact with them plus 3 separate other loan spells!

It's not your decision m8.

Reactions: CF4
nit entirely convinced by Lammers, however, Scottish football is different to other leagues so you never know he could do a good job.

I saw someone suggest Kasper Dolberg on Twitter. He has had an inconsistent couple of years for various reason and has a year left on his deal with Nice. I wonder if someone like him or Thomas Delaney could be options.

I like both players and only a suggestion rather than ITK.

Serie A is still a very hard league to score in. Even for the top teams. Giroud is 5th top goal scorer with 13 in 33 games - playing for one of the best teams. Dzeko 9 in 33. Vlahovic 10 in 27.

Dessers actually did quite well, 6 in 26 appearances for a team relegated.
See when posters give a good explanation like you have it does make you think a bit more and maybe change my way of thinking about the player.
I can see that as defending is everything in that league.

Your rambling alot of pish

Right thats your argument out the window straight away. NOBODY thinks Colak is good enough.

The rest of it is nonsense. A proven goalscorer will score goals anywhere. A proven non-goalscorer will not score the goals. Historical performance is very relevant.

Bullshit. First of all you asked "who will score the goals". Colak did when he played. Its a fact.

Regarding the rest. Nikica Jelavic had scored a paltry 38 goals in 128 games having played in Belgium, Austria and Croatia. Then came to Rangers and scored 30 in 45.

Unsurprisingly you are wrong again.

Suggests 3-5-2 to me? Especially since 2 strikers are strongly linked and Colak still here.

We switched between a back 4 and back 3 in games recently.

But the Kent position became what Cantwell or Hagi played - almost a false 9 or number 10 hybrid role with the 2 forwards split a bit wider ahead of them.

I reckon we'll see quite a bit of that next season.

I am so excited for Lammers. The guys skill and feet is ridiculous. He is also fairly quick for a big guy.

He has a lot of Skov-Olsen about him but more skillful. He is also similar to Skov-Olsen in terms of they fact that they have both struggled heavily in Italy after performing well in their homelands.

I have so much faith in Lammers and think he will be a gamechanger for us. Similar to Cantwell.

I am so excited for Lammers. The guys skill and feet is ridiculous. He is also fairly quick for a big guy.

He has a lot of Skov-Olsen about him but more skillful. He is also similar to Skov-Olsen in terms of they fact that they have both struggled heavily in Italy after performing well in their homelands.

I have so much faith in Lammers and thing he will be a gamechanger for us. Similar to Cantwell.

That’s possibly the most ringing endorsement for a player I have ever read here.

Presume your “faith” in him is based on having watched a lot of him in all these countries

I have so much faith in Lammers and think he will be a gamechanger for us. Similar to Cantwell.
Good to hear, have you seen much of him before he was touted for us?

Is he an out and out striker or more of a wide player like Skov Olsen?

But we need goalscorers. Are you telling me McCoist or Boyd were world beating footballers? No they were'nt but they put the ball in the net. We can sign plenty of creative players with great ball skills but if they don't put the ball in the net it is pointless (possibly literally!).

Natural goalscorers are what we need. I still say Shankland should be signed and I would take Nisbet as well
If you want another Boyd then Colak is the closest thing we’re going to get. Lack of impact outside the box but a lethal finisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back