Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monza, Verona, Spezia, Empoli, Salernitana, Cremonese, Lecce, Torino, Bologna, Sassuolo, these are the smaller sides in that league, the dross.

You just dont allow any negative points or questions mate, even when its about Kevin Clancy, the sfa or the media.
Outside us and them there's not a Scottish team that would complete with any of those.
Motherwell and Kilmarnock got done off Irish and welsh sides. Hibs will no doubt fall to some dross in their qualifiers soon too.

Monza, Verona, Spezia, Empoli, Salernitana, Cremonese, Lecce, Torino, Bologna, Sassuolo, these are the smaller sides in that league, the dross.

You just dont allow any negative points or questions mate, even when its about Kevin Clancy, the sfa or the media.
Just even off your first club named... Monza

They beat Juve home and away this season. Beat Inter at the San Siro and beat Napoli.

You can't really think they are dross?

I mean this sincerely, you could build a side from those sides which would be top 2 in our league. Off top of my head, guys like Berardi,Frattesi, Rovella

Not to say that every player at those clubs is a winner but I really don’t think you could make a squad from the other 10 teams in our league which could actually compete with us

Every one of those teams would hammer every club in the SPL out with ourselves and the beggars.

Torino aren’t a small club.

I take it this Lammers lad gets loads of assists then ?

He doesn’t have a lot of direct assists no.

5 is his highest number of assists in a single season, which came in season 2018/19 which has been his most successful season so far with 19 goals in all competitions for Heerenveen.

While at Eintracht although he wasn’t credited with any direct assists he was involved in the move that led to the assist a few times.

With him coming to a poorer league in the SPFL, hopefully that 2018/19 season is what we may see here rather than Bundesliga or Serie A stats or performances.

Have you watched the Dessers compilation from his time at Feyenoord ?
I watched this one:

Wasn't overly impressed by it but you could easily make a compilation where Morelos would look like the worst player ever so I'm happy to get on board for whomever Beale wants.

Monza with a squad valued at €111m and 5 Italian Internationals?
Verona with a squad valued at €84m
Empoli valued at €103m
Salernitana with a squad valued at €99m
Cremonese with a squad valued at €70m
Lecce with a squad valued at €94m
Torino with a squad valued at €169m including 6 players worth over €10m.
Bologna with a squad valued at €136m
Sassuolo with a squad valued at €171m, with 5 players worth over €15m and 8 internationals.

Or

Hibs have a squad valued €17m.
Motherwell just north of €9m.

You might not like Sky or "exotic" Football outside of just lumping the ball in the mixer, but Christ almighty.
Mate I went to see Hertha Berlin a few weeks ago. Their squad is valued at €93m. They were pish. Motherwell or Hibs would rip them apart. These squad values are nonsense usually.

Whilst I agree if they were to be sold, they would need replaced, we are not going to be signing extra forwards just to relegate Sakala and Matondo onto reserve football.

Right now we have:

Attacking Midfielder "10""
Cantwell
Hagi
Dowell
Lowry

Wide Forwards:
Sakala
Matondo
Wright
Lawrence
Lammers (?)

Strikers:
Colak
Roofe
Dessers(?)

Making the two assumed signings we are beginning to look pretty swollen in the forward ranks. Any more signing I think and I think we will need to make a sale for the sake of squad happiness. Scott Wright is the obvious name (lowest current quality and lowest ceiling) but I don't see an additional body coming in until other bodies move out. And this doesn't even consider the fact Tillman could yet be turning up!
Forget Tillman

He doesn’t have a lot of direct assists no.

5 is his highest number of assists in a single season, which came in season 2018/19 which has been his most successful season so far with 19 goals in all competitions for Heerenveen.

While at Eintracht although he wasn’t credited with any direct assists he was involved in the move that led to the assist a few times.

With him coming to a poorer league in the SPFL, hopefully that 2018/19 season is what we may see here rather than Bundesliga or Serie A stats or performances.

I can understand the concerns then because we’ve just spent the last few years berating a forward in Kent who doesn’t score and doesn’t assist.

But let’s judge him if and when he gets here

Mate I went to see Hertha Berlin a few weeks ago. Their squad is valued at €93m. They were pish. Motherwell or Hibs would rip them apart. These squad values are nonsense usually.
All the sides above are full of internationalists regardless of the value of Hertha Berlin and your view on having watched them.

One thing you don’t lose is technically ability. Things might not work at certain clubs for a number of reasons, loss of confidence, manager doesn’t fancy you, style of play etc but one thing you don’t lose is technical ability. I get the fee comparisons to matondo but his asset his pace. I think lammers will be really good here.

It's obvious some folk don't have a scooby. Serie A is a completely different level to our league. I suspect Lammers will tear some new arseholes in Scotland. Looks an exciting player to me.
He hasn't done it anywhere else. The triumph of hope over reality here I fear.

Bundesliga with Frankfurt in 2021/22 - 2 goals in 22 games. That's not Serie A.

I think the use of whelmed of any type is the sure fire sign of someone you'd definitely avoid in a pub, the wrong use of it though, I don't know what that is, a new category altogether.
He’s maybe overwhelmed with his feelings of underwhelmedness at MBs signings.

Motherwell that got papped out the conference league by Sligo Rovers, that Motherwell.
I’ve read some mental things in my time but this is up there as one of the maddest.
Hertha would pump Sligo rovers as well as Motherwell and Hibs.

Just watch how well any of the other Scottish teams fair in the qualifiers next season.
I reckon papped out early against nobodies

Last edited:
I’m not sure why anyone’s perplexed at posters showing a slight concern over Lammers’ record as a striker - given our teams profligacy - in front of goal over the last season or two.

Seems like a perfectly fair concern, but Beale obviously knows something we don’t.
I'd be interested to see if he was missing chances, just playing in a side that didn't create or whether he was just playing too deep.

I'd worry most if it was the former but I doubt that I think that's unlikely going by the league form of the teams he played for.

Looking at the videos I can understand him not scoring many if he's not getting many chances in the box for those sides but I'd expect more assists. He's had fewer of them than goals.

Numbers aren't everything but we've seen over the years with Kent that a good player who doesn't contribute many puts a great deal of strain on his team-mates.

He hasn't done it anywhere else. The triumph of hope over reality here I fear.

Bundesliga with Frankfurt in 2021/22 - 2 goals in 22 games. That's not Serie A.
it's not the SPL either? :D

should get some people here in contact with Dungcaster to sell our league considering they seem to think it's one of the best in Europe

Yeah, it’s all relative

Scoring 10 goals for a struggling serie a team translates to about 25 goals in an uncompetitive spfl

we can’t compare apples and oranges here
Does Lewis Ferguson not have 7 goals in Serie A this seaon? How many did he get per year ave in the SPFL?

I don't think anyone is dismissing anybody, that is a myth continually trotted out on here. What folk have are concerns about strikers with not a great scoring record which is valid.
There is no need for a few guys to keep saying the same thing over and over and over again. By doing so they ARE dismissing them as not good enough.

That's fine, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but to keep on going with basically the same post becomes tedious. It's sucking the fun out of what many of us think is a very positive pre-season reshuffle.

Have you ever seen him play? Genuine question.
I've seen a few clips. I don't need to see him play much. His goalscoring record is simply not good enough.

We criticised Morelos and Kent amongst others for nor scoring. Is this guy to become another talented player in the team who looks good against St Mirren and gets man of the match at the end of a 0-0 draw?

I'm not saying he's not a good player - I'm saying his stats suggest he is not a goalscorer which is what we need.

The problem with many on here is you could tell them we're signing a bag of dugshite and they are instantly enthusiastic and won't hear any negative comments on it.

Where are the goals coming from next season????? Because they're not coming from this guy I guarantee you that.

EDIT - I think maybe there could be confusion on here. I'm not talking about Dessers, who I think could be useful, I'm talking about Lammers who as a goalscorer I don't think will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back