Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a few clips. I don't need to see him play much. His goalscoring record is simply not good enough.

We criticised Morelos and Kent amongst others for nor scoring. Is this guy to become another talented player in the team who looks good against St Mirren and gets man of the match at the end of a 0-0 draw?

I'm not saying he's not a good player - I'm saying his stats suggest he is not a goalscorer which is what we need.

The problem with many on here is you could tell them we're signing a bag of dugshite and they are instantly enthusiastic and won't hear any negative comments on it.

Where are the goals coming from next season????? Because they're not coming from this guy I guarantee you that.
Fair enough. You can't guarantee that though. And we need a spread of goals. The days of relying on 1 or 2 need to be consigned to history.

People even criticizing the dutch league ffs lol when do dutch sides get knocked out by Irish and Welsh teams?

Excited by lammers to be honest, looks a Beale type signing with excellent technical ability. If he does more than fine in holland to earn a big money move I'm sure he will be fine vs the likes of Motherwell!

He hasn't done it anywhere else. The triumph of hope over reality here I fear.

Bundesliga with Frankfurt in 2021/22 - 2 goals in 22 games. That's not Serie A.

Bundesliga is also several levels above our dire league. He will be playing in a team that's dominating at least 75% of the games. How do you think Van Veen or even Kyogo would get on in Bundesliga or Serie A? They would be doing well to hit double figures between them.

People even criticizing the dutch league ffs lol when do dutch sides get knocked out by Irish and Welsh teams?

Excited by lammers to be honest, looks a Beale type signing with excellent technical ability. If he does more than fine in holland to earn a big money move I'm sure he will be fine vs the likes of Motherwell!

Not just criticising. Claiming they could finish the top scorer in the Eredivisie.

Fair enough. You can't guarantee that though. And we need a spread of goals. The days of relying on 1 or 2 need to be consigned to history.
But we need goalscorers. Are you telling me McCoist or Boyd were world beating footballers? No they were'nt but they put the ball in the net. We can sign plenty of creative players with great ball skills but if they don't put the ball in the net it is pointless (possibly literally!).

Natural goalscorers are what we need. I still say Shankland should be signed and I would take Nisbet as well

But we need goalscorers. Are you telling me McCoist or Boyd were world beating footballers? No they were'nt but they put the ball in the net. We can sign plenty of creative players with great ball skills but if they don't put the ball in the net it is pointless (possibly literally!).

Natural goalscorers are what we need. I still say Shankland should be signed and I would take Nisbet as well

Ally McCoist was an amazing footballer. What another utterly mental take that is.

Edit: Also Kris Boyd played for 4 clubs outwith Scotland and only managed to score a grand total of 19 goals during those times and one of those clubs was an MLS team.

Last edited:
Brilliant. What a ridiculous claim to make after checking stats on wikipedia and watching a couple of youtube clips. Thats before you get into the fact he doesnt even have a scooby how Beale intends to utilise the guy.

Place is an absolute nuthouse at times.
read my post about goalscorers you fool. Doesn't matter where Beale plays him. WHO IS GOING TO SCORE THE GOALS MATE???????????????????????//

Definitely. People salivating over a guy who's scored 31 goals in 131 senior games. Most of them in the Dutch league where I would score a hatful.

Record outside of the Dutch league? 6 goals in 67 games

What a player, eh?
So, Hibs and Motherwell are on a par with most Seria A teams ? Then on a par with Hertha Berlin . Now you would score a hatful in Holland ?

Mate, it's time to log off. This is beginning to get to epic 'twitter' levels of notoriety!!

Monza with a squad valued at €111m and 5 Italian Internationals?
Verona with a squad valued at €84m
Empoli valued at €103m
Salernitana with a squad valued at €99m
Cremonese with a squad valued at €70m
Lecce with a squad valued at €94m
Torino with a squad valued at €169m including 6 players worth over €10m.
Bologna with a squad valued at €136m
Sassuolo with a squad valued at €171m, with 5 players worth over €15m and 8 internationals.

Or

Hibs have a squad valued €17m.
Motherwell just north of €9m.

You might not like Sky or "exotic" Football outside of just lumping the ball in the mixer, but Christ almighty.
He’s brain damage with his thoughts on football tbh. He knows as much about football as I do about Netball.

read my post about goalscorers you fool. Doesn't matter where Beale plays him. WHO IS GOING TO SCORE THE GOALS MATE???????????????????????//

Colak averages 0.9 goals per 90 for a bloody start.

Dessers scored more goals in Serie A than Shankland managed in the Belgian league, so i think he will be fine as well.

And regardless of anything you think you know. Historical performance is irrelevant when they come here because you have no bloody idea how they will be utilised and if the argument that "Shankland will score more for us, because we create more chances" holds weight; then it also holds weight for Dessers and Lammers coming from strugglers to a team who will absolutely dominate possession and create vastly more chances than theyve been used too.

How about actual patience instead of jumping in 2 footed on something its painfully clear you know nothing about?

He claims he could finish top scorer in Holland. We should ask him if he's available.
I probably could. Giakoumakis scored 1 goal in 30 games in Greece. He went to Holland and scored 26 in 30. He went to Celtic, scored less than 1 in 2 and was punted.

Notice anything? Any diddy can score in Holland. Their weekend scores make our games look like borefests. 6s and 7s nearly every week.

I probably could. Giakoumakis scored 1 goal in 30 games in Greece. He went to Holland and scored 26 in 30. He went to Celtic, scored less than 1 in 2 and was punted.

Notice anything? Any diddy can score in Holland. Their weekend scores make our games look like borefests. 6s and 7s nearly every week.
Todd the prod got 2 in 10 in the Dutch second division, is he a diddy?

Why do you think Beale wants to sign this guy then? You’d imagine he’s been extensively scouted and Beale knows exactly what he wants. I’m sure he’s aware of his goal scoring record. He’s signed 2 players so far and both look great so maybe take a deep breath and have faith that he knows what he’s doing.

So, Hibs and Motherwell are on a par with most Seria A teams ? Then on a par with Hertha Berlin . Now you would score a hatful in Holland ?

Mate, it's time to log off. This is beginning to get to epic 'twitter' levels of notoriety!!
Don't get so upset pal. It's not worth it. Relax. You're getting way off the subject. It's the transfer thread not the Motherwell and Hibs thread.

Frothing at the mouth over nothing. Just chill.

Why do you think Beale wants to sign this guy then? You’d imagine he’s been extensively scouted and Beale knows exactly what he wants. I’m sure he’s aware of his goal scoring record. He’s signed 2 players so far and both look great so maybe take a deep breath and have faith that he knows what he’s doing.
who knows? why did we sign Matondo? wasn't he extensively scouted?

People seem to have completely forgotten just how good a player McCoist was. After the leg break, he maybe slowed a little and became more of a poacher as such.
he was a very good player - but he wasn't the sort of skilful playmaker half of the people on here want when it is a goalscorer we need (of which McCoist was the best)

Colak couldn't hit a barn door in Greece either. Came to Scotland and scored 12 league goals in his first few months at Rangers.

You're not really making much sense here mate. Giakoumakis scored 17 goals in 29 appearances for them during his first season. Which is a great return for a striker. When you consider he was used mostly as an impact sub.

People will look at his stats and write him off completely.

his touch and his close control is his biggest asset, he actually looks quite similar to Van Veen for me.
When you have access to Wyscout and other platforms its like you're looking at completely different players from what other search for on wiki and transfermarket.

People slagging the bottom half of the Serie A for player quality are crazy. Ever since I can remember the top clubs in Italy have cherry picked players from the lower clubs who have went on to to contribute massively to those clubs. Some were stars some were just solid performers for club and country.

We also signed Negri and Gattuso from Perugia who were playing in Serie B just a year before coming to us.

More recently you've got Barella at Inter and Tonali at AC who were signed from Cagliari and Brescia respectively. I could go on but it seems most people on here don't watch anything other than players from Aberdeen and Motherwell.

Colak averages 0.9 goals per 90 for a bloody start.

Dessers scored more goals in Serie A than Shankland managed in the Belgian league, so i think he will be fine as well.

And regardless of anything you think you know. Historical performance is irrelevant when they come here because you have no bloody idea how they will be utilised and if the argument that "Shankland will score more for us, because we create more chances" holds weight; then it also holds weight for Dessers and Lammers coming from strugglers to a team who will absolutely dominate possession and create vastly more chances than theyve been used too.

How about actual patience instead of jumping in 2 footed on something its painfully clear you know nothing about?
Right thats your argument out the window straight away. NOBODY thinks Colak is good enough.

The rest of it is nonsense. A proven goalscorer will score goals anywhere. A proven non-goalscorer will not score the goals. Historical performance is very relevant.

By Wilson

By the scouting team. Ross Wilson didn't scout players.

Matondo had a very good season in Belgium, and was a player Beale confirmed we'd been tracking when Gerrard was in charge as well.

Most of our signings are players who need coaching and time to adapt rather than hitting the ground running. Matondo hasn't worked out so far, it may never do so, but we'll always take some risks this way as we don't have too much choice.

Mate I went to see Hertha Berlin a few weeks ago. Their squad is valued at €93m. They were pish. Motherwell or Hibs would rip them apart. These squad values are nonsense usually.
Forget Lammers or Dessers. Get the chequebook out and sign Shankland and Nisbet.

I gave these a laugh because I thought they were a piss take.

Just seen from further replies that they are serious :oops:o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back