Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some very valid points.

But if we’re talking about guys who have scored 1 goal all season…then debating the dififculties of the league starts to look a little like mental gymnastics.

But I 100% agree with the Colak point above - a cloak of negativity before a guy gets here will help no one
To be fair , Luka Jovic for Fiorentina has the same amount of goals in serie A as Dessers, both centre forwards. In fact Dessers has played less. We'd all take Jovic in a heartbeat.

The stats are the stats but you really have to see these players week in week out to see what Beale sees otherwise our opinions are skewed on this.

Kent had woeful stats way worse than Lammers but we were all buzzing to splash 7m on him.

Right thats your argument out the window straight away. NOBODY thinks Colak is good enough.

The rest of it is nonsense. A proven goalscorer will score goals anywhere. A proven non-goalscorer will not score the goals. Historical performance is very relevant.

Can you give us a definitive list of goal scorers that you think are readily available for us to sign? Seems you've cornered the market on it.

Even just a couple of examples would be nice, just to gauge what level of player you're talking about. You can't just come on here and dismissively shout the odds without alluding to players you think are a capable.

When you have access to Wyscout and other platforms its like you're looking at completely different players from what other search for on wiki and transfermarket.

People slagging the bottom half of the Serie A for player quality are crazy. Ever since I can remember the top clubs in Italy have cherry picked players from the lower clubs who have went on to to contribute massively to those clubs. Some were stars some were just solid performers for club and country.

We also signed Negri and Gattuso from Perugia who were playing in Serie B just a year before coming to us.

More recently you've got Barella at Inter and Tonali at AC who were signed from Cagliari and Brescia respectively. I could go on but it seems most people on here don't watch anything other than players from Aberdeen and Motherwell.
Jeezus thats my point. Negri scored better than 1 in 2 for Perugia before coming to us. He was a proven goalscorer! This guy Lammers does not score goals. Or certainly hasn't.

Barella and Tonalli may be great players but it's irrelevant to this discussion. I am talking about goalscorers. That is what we need.

All the cheerleaders on here are cheering us all the way to a bunch of unlucky draws next season which will result in us finishing 5 points behind that mob again. Then they'll all wail "we need someone to put the ball in the net"! Meanwhile the wee diving Japanese. will be knocking them in for fun at the piggery

Can you give us a definitive list of goal scorers that you think are readily available for us to sign? Seems you've cornered the market on it.

Even just a couple of examples would be nice, just to gauge what level of player you're talking about. You can't just come on here and dismissively shout the odds without alluding to players you think are a capable.
done it three times already mate - can't you read the posts above? Shankland. Nisbet. Even Van Veen. Proven goalscoreres in our league.

To be fair , Luka Jovic for Fiorentina has the same amount of goals in serie A as Dessers, both centre forwards. In fact Dessers has played less. We'd all take Jovic in a heartbeat.

The stats are the stats but you really have to see these players week in week out to see what Beale sees otherwise our opinions are skewed on this.

Kent had woeful stats way worse than Lammers but we were all buzzing to splash 7m on him.

The comment on stats was more related to Lammers.

we’ve spent about 20 pages debating the relative strengths and weaknesses of certain leagues - but those stats are paucious however we try to dress it up.

But I’m happy to trust the manager because I don’t know any better

FFS Kent's a winger. Is Lammers a winger?

A player is either a goal scorer or he isn’t.

There is no real value in the £3-4m market particularly for a striker. I suppose we’ll never know how much the Union Bears protests and the removal of Park has effected our budget this Summer but we are where we are.

With hindsight we would have been better keeping Itten for all we got for him and he looks a better player than some of those we are being linked with.

Jeezus thats my point. Negri scored better than 1 in 2 for Perugia before coming to us. He was a proven goalscorer! This guy Lammers does not score goals. Or certainly hasn't.

Barella and Tonalli may be great players but it's irrelevant to this discussion. I am talking about goalscorers. That is what we need.

All the cheerleaders on here are cheering us all the way to a bunch of unlucky draws next season which will result in us finishing 5 points behind that mob again. Then they'll all wail "we need someone to put the ball in the net"! Meanwhile the wee diving Japanese. will be knocking them in for fun at the piggery
Negri in todays market would be way out of our reach. The SPL quality wise is horrendous, if sakala is hitting double figures from wide right that tells its own story.

These 2 lads will score goals in SPL, wether they good enough in Europe we wait and see but scoring goals domestically can add confidence, confidence can then hopefully spread to scoring in Europe.

We ain’t gonna sign anyone with 20/30 goals a season because these guys cost £15/20m minimum and that’s just facts of life now unfortunately.

Don't get so upset pal. It's not worth it. Relax. You're getting way off the subject. It's the transfer thread not the Motherwell and Hibs thread.

Frothing at the mouth over nothing. Just chill.
No froth here mate, just tears of laughter.

The admins can shut it down if off subject but until then I'm enjoying this with popcorn

When you have access to Wyscout and other platforms its like you're looking at completely different players from what other search for on wiki and transfermarket.

People slagging the bottom half of the Serie A for player quality are crazy. Ever since I can remember the top clubs in Italy have cherry picked players from the lower clubs who have went on to to contribute massively to those clubs. Some were stars some were just solid performers for club and country.

We also signed Negri and Gattuso from Perugia who were playing in Serie B just a year before coming to us.

More recently you've got Barella at Inter and Tonali at AC who were signed from Cagliari and Brescia respectively. I could go on but it seems most people on here don't watch anything other than players from Aberdeen and Motherwell.
Venturablue, how do you rate Lammers and Dessers.

done it three times already mate - can't you read the posts above? Shankland. Nisbet. Even Van Veen. Proven goalscoreres in our league.

Shankland has only hit double figures in the Scottish topflight twice in 4 seasons. Nisbet has never scored over 20 goals in the SPFL either, Colak who you said wasn't good enough, equalled his best goal scoring record this season. And van Veen has just hit his highest ever goal tally in his 12 years as a professional footballer. Hardly what I'd call proven or prolific.

Definitely. People salivating over a guy who's scored 31 goals in 131 senior games. Most of them in the Dutch league where I would score a hatful.

Record outside of the Dutch league? 6 goals in 67 games

What a player, eh?
I’m not saying his record is great

But some of the nonsense about Hibs and Motherwell battering Bundesliga and Serie A teams is wild

Why do you think Beale wants to sign this guy then? You’d imagine he’s been extensively scouted and Beale knows exactly what he wants. I’m sure he’s aware of his goal scoring record. He’s signed 2 players so far and both look great so maybe take a deep breath and have faith that he knows what he’s doing.
Nah fùck that, it's far better to just be absolutely raging and seething about everything.

In an attempt to steer the conversation back to Rangers, when can we expect Cifuentes to be in Glasgow?
My impression* is that we’ve largely agreed terms on a pre contract and that there is now just a negotiation about fee for bringing him in now. LAFC can use him until such time as he is gone (compare Whittaker who Swansea threatened to play, thereby stopping being able to join us/a third club, but didn’t).

I suspect it might rumble on another week. LAFC play tomorrow (early morning UK) but he may not play anyway if he’s had a knock in last game.

*The fact that player himself sent goodbye message after their defeat and then liked posts about coming to Ibrox v fact LAFC then played him in a game

16 goals last season for the Sheep, and he's improved massively since moving up a level and playing with and against better
16 goals last season for the Sheep, and he's improved massively since moving up a level and playing with and against better players.
Scored 1 in every 4.9 games with the sheep

Scored 1 in every 4.5 games with Bologna.

Case closed :)

Yeah, it’s all relative

Scoring 10 goals for a struggling serie a team translates to about 25 goals in an uncompetitive spfl

we can’t compare apples and oranges here
Totally agree and I've been meaning to make this point myself.

7 goals in 29 games or whatever the stat is, in Seria A, for a team that got relegated is not bad going.

There's nothing for certain when it comes to transfers but it's not beyond the realm of possibility that 7 goals in 29 games in a relegated Seria A side can translate to 20+ goals comfortably in the SPL for Rangers (a team that in 3/4's of games have over 70% possession, 30+ shots at goal etc).

Put Kyogo in that Creamonese team last season - does anyone honestly think he'd have scored 30-goals and single-handedly kept them up? he wouldn't have btw.

Assuming Dessers, Lammers and Cifu sign in the next 7-10 days what do we think is next up?

LCB? Been linked with a few players; possibly waiting to see if we shift Davies first before we decide how much were spending?

We haven’t had much talk of Kent’s “replacement” which you would assume would be a priority position.

I reckon we need another CM as the assumption is Kamara will go.

Assuming Dessers, Lammers and Cifu sign in the next 7-10 days what do we think is next up?

LCB? Been linked with a few players; possibly waiting to see if we shift Davies first before we decide how much were spending?

We haven’t had much talk of Kent’s “replacement” which you would assume would be a priority position.

I reckon we need another CM as the assumption is Kamara will go.
I’d say LCB as well. We will have been targeting this position knowing that Helander was going and that we were caught short in that area last season.

Of course players in other positions could move on and a replacement might become available where we need to move fast - but still think we have been and will continue to work through longer term priority positions like GK, CB, CM and up top

The sheer effort that so many are going to, to naysay and find negativity in absolutely everything, has to be commended. Well in lads, some appreciation for your endeavour should be more forthcoming.

Some signings will be a success, some won’t, that’s how it works. None of us know how it’s going to go, but I trust Beale and I’m going to give everyone that we sign a chance. Call me old fashioned but hey ho…

Totally agree and I've been meaning to make this point myself.

7 goals in 29 games or whatever the stat is, in Seria A, for a team that got relegated is not bad going.

There's nothing for certain when it comes to transfers but it's not beyond the realm of possibility that 7 goals in 29 games in a relegated Seria A side can translate to 20+ goals comfortably in the SPL for Rangers (a team that in 3/4's of games have over 70% possession, 30+ shots at goal etc).

Put Kyogo in that Creamonese team last season - does anyone honestly think he'd have scored 30-goals and single-handedly kept them up? he wouldn't have btw.
And then add in the fact that if the players we looking at had banged in 20+ goals in their leagues then we sure as hell couldn’t afford them !
It’s clear the gaffer has identified good players who maybe haven’t quite hit their initial potential and fancies he can bring them on, like Cantwell, played in good leagues and experienced big games.

And then add in the fact that if the players we looking at had banged in 20+ goals in their leagues then we sure as hell couldn’t afford them !
It’s clear the gaffer has identified good players who maybe haven’t quite hit their initial potential and fancies he can bring them on, like Cantwell, played in good leagues and experienced big games.
Correct.

If you want a 20+ goal scorer from Seria A then you better hope we've found 50-60-million and after that hope he's happy coming to Scotland for 30-grand a week instead of Bayern, Man City, Liverpool, Barcelona and 200-grand a week.

I've no problem with anyone being critical or unhappy of a potential signing but when the realism is gone that's the issue.

I probably could. Giakoumakis scored 1 goal in 30 games in Greece. He went to Holland and scored 26 in 30. He went to Celtic, scored less than 1 in 2 and was punted.

Notice anything? Any diddy can score in Holland. Their weekend scores make our games look like borefests. 6s and 7s nearly every week.
Tell you what, stuck in work on a Saturday with the weather class. This thread ain't half kept me entertained.

Moon unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back