Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes indeed but saying 10 goals in serie A equates to 25 on SPFL, simply isn’t factual, which was the point to my reply that you then replied to…pmsl
Who said that it equal that? Haha you numpty. Seriously Serie A is light years ahead of the SPL and players can seriously improve going there and playing at a much higher level, only seriously clueless people would disagree.

Aaron Hickey also did, he wasn’t at our level, he went there, improved and now he’s a £15m+ Premier League player.

That's nonsense mate.

Helander played almost every game in that season next to Goldson with our best ever defensive recorded (was it a UK record too?)

He was formidable.

Itten played about a dozen games out of, at a guess, roughly 65-games in all competitions?

There's a wee footballing cliche about goals win games but defences win you titles - that was 100% relevant to us (and Helander) that season.
Aye Helander was a successful signing........

Who said that it equal that? Haha you numpty. Seriously Serie A is light years ahead of the SPL and players improve going there, only thick people would disagree.

Aaron Hickey also did and now he’s a £15m+ Premier League player.
You’re a banger fella and having a nightmare , the comment I made that you originally replied to, said that!!

Try reading the thread context with replies

Rodney Ya Plonker :)

You’re a banger fella and having a nightmare , the comment I made that you originally replied to, said that!!

Try reading the thread context with replies

Rodney Ya Plonker :)
I just did, because I’m no idea where you’ve plucked 10 Serie A goals equals 25 SPL. Unless it’s out of your head.

I certainly didn’t say that, nor reply originally to you saying that, you’ve just gotten confused.

I replied to you saying “Does Lewis Ferguson not have 7 goals in Serie A this seaon? How many did he get per year ave in the SPFL?”

Nothing about 25 goals, has the sun frazzled your heed and got made you confuse my username with someone else’s?

Last edited:
Aye Helander was a successful signing........
I think up until just before he got injured, there was a stat that we never lost a domestic game (or might have just been a league game) with him in the team.

You obviously don't rate him which is fine, but again like so many others in this thread I don't know what you actually realistically expect when it comes to Rangers players or signings.

If I remember correctly, the last wide forward we signed who wasn't tearing it up at an Italian club, turned out not too bad.
Just saying.
Anyone doing well in a top 5 league is miles outside of our availability unless it's a bosman.

The idea that we should be targeting people who've scored 25 goals elsewhere is pretty stupid. Lots of teams are targeting those players.

Can't believe, Rangers.

Imagine employing a manager with a track record of spotting and developing players, experienced coaching staff and a professional scouting team all of whom can't see that Lammers and Dessers, aren't the answer to whatever style and system, MB has in mind.

I mean, have they even looked at their stats ffs?

Get your act together, Rangers.

Sincerely,

FF Scouting Department

I think up until just before he got injured, there was a stat that we never lost a domestic game (or might have just been a league game) with him in the team.

You obviously don't rate him which is fine, but again like so many others in this thread I don't know what you actually realistically expect when it comes to Rangers players or signings.
I think he is a great player but he was a cripple and not a success for us.

He played 60 games in 4 seasons. If folk think that is a success then they are fools.

I just did, feel free to show where I had any input to someone saying that?

Quote, or screenshot welcome. L

Sober up daftie
Wow you’re really missing the point here aren’t you, with this one!!

Let me slow it down for you, I replied to A.N.other on their point that scoring 10 in serie A goals equates to scoring 25 in the SPFL!!

You replied to my response to him, with me showing Lewis Fergusons’ stats that demonstrate he is scoring more per games as an average than he did at Aberdeen, which slightly goes against that thought of the original point from the a.n.other poster.

You’ve then jumped in and tried to argue against those facts, with your beliefs and other entirely irrelevant points to my original reply to a.n.other poster, which is fine as we all have our own beliefs but Facts well they remain a constant, an ever evolving constant in a football players career but still a constant at moment of reference.

Now go lie down in the shade that suns got to your napper!!!:shh:

Is the main reason Lammers' stats are so low because the rest of Samp is dugmeat or being coached poorly?

There's probably a mixture of reasons - he's had 3 loan spells in two seasons, Sampdoria really struggled, I doubt his confidence is as high as it could be, maybe he's not quite at that level or just doesn't suit the general style in Italy etc.

All we can do right now is hope he does well for us if he's going to be signed. The predictions of doom from some about him don't really seem to have any utility, in my opinion.

I think he is a great player but he was a cripple and not a success for us.

He played 60 games in 4 seasons. If folk think that is a success then they are fools.
Depends on how you want to measure success.

For 3.5-million and an almost ever-present in even 1 league title winning team with that broke defensive records, I'd spend that money all day long.

Wow you’re really missing the point here aren’t you, with this one!!

Let me slow it down for you, I replied to A.N.other on their point that scoring 10 in serie A goals equates to scoring 25 in the SPFL!!

You replied to my response to him, with me showing Lewis Fergusons’ stats that demonstrate he is scoring more per games as an average than he did at Aberdeen, which slightly goes against that thought of the original point from the a.n.other poster.

You’ve then jumped in and tried to argue against those facts, with your beliefs and other entirely irrelevant points to my original reply to a.n.other poster, which is fine as we all have our own beliefs but Facts well they remain a constant, an ever evolving constant in a football players career but still a constant at moment of reference.

Now go lie down in the shade that suns got to your napper!!!:shh:
So I didn’t originally reply to you saying that at all and you’ve just had an episode. Lay off the booze in the sun pal.

All I replied was to you asking how many he had scored in Scotland. Nothing about 25 goals. Engage the brain a bit and read back mate.

A wee clue for the hard of thinking , when someone posts, you can see their username, the other fellow has a different username.

Depends on how you want to measure success.

For 3.5-million and an almost ever-present in even 1 league title winning team with that broke defensive records, I'd spend that money all day long.
We could have played Scott Wilson at his current age and cantered that season.

We didnt need to spend £3.5m and high wages.

You go on like he won us the league and he was nothing of the sort. We were miles ahead

So I didn’t originally reply to you saying that at all and you’ve just had an episode. Lay off the booze in the sun pal.

All I replied was to you asking how many he had scored in Scotland.

A wee clue, when someone posts, you can see their username, the other fellow has a different username.

Did you know that players can and often improve as they mature and get more experience at a higher level?

Quite a novel prospect for some.
i don’t booze fella, don’t judge us all by your own pre dispositions. I replied to the A.N.Other poster with the facts around Lewis Ferguson having a better scoring record in Serie A than SPFL as a per game average, you responded with the above which was an entirely irrelevant point which my reply was about.

A weird reply to interject with but then again your subsequent replies are strange and out of context too.

Now settle petal, I’m away for a Coke Zero!!!

People seem to have completely forgotten just how good a player McCoist was. After the leg break, he maybe slowed a little and became more of a poacher as such.

A myth has built up over the years that he didn’t drop off and link up or hold the ball up.

That’s not the case at all, and he was a hard bastard who loved a tussle too.

He could easily have done the lone striker role, and would have done it well.

Maybe Mo Johnston and Mark Hateley, even Drinkell, coming in and doing most of that work for him cloud people’s memories.

Negri on Dessers, his take on Lammers would be interesting to hear

The Herald, arguably Scotlands premium news paper.
Can't even spell Lombardy correct, one of Europe's famous wine regions.

10 pages since 7.45am this morning.
I've learned that MDB is back, motherwell and Kilmarnock will be challenging in Seria A whilst we are in Atlantic league.

BJK gets a bit shouty. Apples and oranges are not the same.
How many posters have applied for recruitment job.? No Fifa no party.

Marco negri is still chasing The Rangers coin.

Still a few pages to go yet....

Good job showing I said that.

Something special to take that from what I posted.

Good luck
You're literally downplaying any value that Helander has ever given us by using Scott Wilson's name.

I don't need good luck or any special talents to twist it - it's there for people to read themselves.

Anyone else been sent this pish, is this off a fake twitter account?
IMG-0427.jpg
Click bait nonsense

i don’t booze fella, don’t judge us all by your own pre dispositions. I replied to the A.N.Other poster with the facts around Lewis Ferguson having a better scoring record in Serie A than SPFL as a per game average, you responded with the above which was an entirely irrelevant point which my reply was about.

A weird reply to interject with but then again your subsequent replies are strange and out of context too.

Now settle petal, I’m away for a Coke Zero!!!
You’re getting confused buddy. This is what you said and what I replied. Which was exactly what was asked.

You claimed above something completely different multiple times. B-D

NesBt2m.jpg

You're literally downplaying any value that Helander has ever given us by using Scott Wilson's name.

I don't need good luck or any special talents to twist it - it's there for people to read themselves.
Im not downplaying anything on Helander.

He was great when he played, he just hardly played and cant be classed as a successful signing because of that.

You were using him being part of the 55 winning team as it being a success. I pointed out we were so far ahead and they were so bad we could have played an old player and still won the league. It was meant for a bit of a joke but I ser you take everything literally so here goes.

We didnt need Helander to win the league and his known injury issues we also experienced made him an unsuccessful signing.

It was mentioned away at the start of this thread that it would,nt take long to go haywire and with over 14,000 posts the admin must of at least thought about closing it down once or twice i think its only the imminent signings of Lammers Dressers and Cifuentes is stopping them . Wilson for Helander and German bundesliga and Seria A couldnt handle some of our bottom clubs %^*& me admins finger must be on the button constantly without pressing .

All talk on here how many goals proposed new signings will score in Scotland regardless of how many the are scoring in Italy, Holland, Turkey etc. No doubt it is easier here and they will score more. Surely the main point should be are they capable of stepping up & scoring in our European Campaigns.

Last edited:
This thread is rapidly morphing into a kitchen at 4am when someone in S4 had an empty
It’s waaaaaayyy, way past that stage.

This is day 8 of the binge, this is the stage where the underwear has been turned inside out for the 4th time and people are starting to complain about the smell.

Shades on still, coked out still and still rabbiting shite, but this is way past the 4am stuff after the weekend! :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

A fit Helander was the best centre back we’ve had since Cueller. An absolute beast and sorely sorely missed. We were unlucky for sure with the injuries but he was a huge part of 55.

You’re getting confused buddy. This is what you said and what I replied. Which was exactly what was asked.

You claimed above something completely different multiple times. B-D

NesBt2m.jpg

Scored 1 in every 4.9 games with the sheep

Scored 1 in every 4.5 games with Bologna.

Case closed :)
My reply with the facts to your beliefs stand firm and true, these are not my facts they are Lewis’s facts and answer the beliefs from you and the original post that I replied to. B-D

When will the morons realise that we can't sign the finished article ?

It will always be someone who has lost their way to an extent.

Some ate expecting a red hot striker who just scored 30 goals in Serie A.

It's mind numbing

I think what you need to realise is that at 26 Lammers is the finished article.

He won’t get significantly better than he is now.

Not signing the finished article is signing someone like Bassey.

I think what you need to realise is that at 26 Lammers is the finished article.

He won’t get significantly better than he is now.

Not signing the finished article is signing someone like Bassey.
I’d disagree with that.

He’s not had a settled club in about 4 years. Probably a few clubs that aren’t to suited to him in relegation battles etc.

I reckon find somewhere that suits him and gaining confidence would see a massive improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back