Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dessers looks well suited to Scottish football imo and will do well, Lammers could go either way but think he will play as a 2nd striker like Roofe, coming off the right or left . May be similar to Prso in that he won't score lots but will contribute a lot to our overall game. I'd also take shankland if possible as as well as being a goalscorer I think he would just be a good all round signing whether he was a regular or not. Playing as a captain, may be wrong but don't think he is even the main striker for Hearts but still scores and big Rangers fan, people scoff at the Rangers fan thing but I do feel it's important to have a few in the team. Even Advocate kept Ian Ferguson on after selling almost everyone else

Seeing as there’s an obsession on here with judging players purely based on their stats/numbers, Guardiola said this recently:

Always we talk about the statistics - the players today play for the statistics but this is the biggest mistake they can do," he said.

"We're involved in that. Statistics are just a bit of information that we have but there are players that make the team play good and they are not into statistics. But the players say how many goals I score or how many assists or...

“With these kinds of situation, they forget everything. Statistics never existed before. It's how you play today if you perform to your maximum, to your best, help your teammates to make the process defensively and offensively better - it's enough. Thanks to that we are going to win.”

That’s coming from one of the best managers the game has seen, but the armchair scouts/managers on here will know better I suppose.

With Scott Wright supposedly leaving I reckon we’ll sign a Scottish player

Non club trained we’ll have Jack and Souttar
2 spaces left.

Anyone out there? o_O

John Fleck.

I’d really go Josh Doig but he’s out of range now I’d say.

Fleck would count as club trained as well, which is a bonus.

I’ve not seen him for a few years - no idea if he could do a job in the deep lying playmaker role.

Be on a good wedge as well I bet.

Over 14k comments and easily 13k of them has been utter dross filler comments bloating it. Even this one but someone has to call it out since admin just join in with the sweetie wife patter

“Sweetie wife” - not heard that for about 25 years when my granda used to say it.

Seeing as there’s an obsession on here with judging players purely based on their stats/numbers, Guardiola said this recently:

Always we talk about the statistics - the players today play for the statistics but this is the biggest mistake they can do," he said.

"We're involved in that. Statistics are just a bit of information that we have but there are players that make the team play good and they are not into statistics. But the players say how many goals I score or how many assists or...

“With these kinds of situation, they forget everything. Statistics never existed before. It's how you play today if you perform to your maximum, to your best, help your teammates to make the process defensively and offensively better - it's enough. Thanks to that we are going to win.”

That’s coming from one of the best managers the game has seen, but the armchair scouts/managers on here will know better I suppose.

I know it is the different end of the managerial scale, but part of the reason Warburton left Brentford was the owner wanted to move to completely the moneyball way of recruitment. MW said it was good but there had to be room for watching the player. Sometimes they will do something special with the ball or it will be how they organise on the pitch.

I know it is the different end of the managerial scale, but part of the reason Warburton left Brentford was the owner wanted to move to completely the moneyball way of recruitment. MW said it was good but there had to be room for watching the player. Sometimes they will do something special with the ball or it will be how they organise on the pitch.
I have to imagine that the players with the better stats end up being the best players/ones they sign. I get what Guardiola's saying there, but I'm sure they signed Gundogan/Rodri and whoever else with in-depth analysis of the distances they cover in a game, recoveries they make and key passes etc. being positive.

Over 14k comments and easily 13k of them has been utter dross filler comments bloating it. Even this one but someone has to call it out since admin just join in with the sweetie wife patter
Yet a new member has decided to add to the absolute shite with a totally irrelevant post that adds nothing.

Welcome to the party! B-)

Fleck would count as club trained as well, which is a bonus.

I’ve not seen him for a few years - no idea if he could do a job in the deep lying playmaker role.

Be on a good wedge as well I bet.
Out of contract I think?

Give him the Davis role, 4th/5th choice in Centre
Midfield behind Raskin, Jack, Cifuentes, Cantwell.

The exclusive will be an update on one (or more) or Lammers, Dessers and Cifuentes.

Something like one of them are due to for talks or something.

Would be welcome news but nothing new IMO.

Ironically he’s not old enough lol. He needs to have 3 seasons between 15-21 to be eligible to count as Nation/Club trained.
Thanks, hopefully kicks on and in a year or 2 and we can have the likes of Rice and Lovelace as club trained players once eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back