Summer Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think SG or GM would come here to make shit signings, not be backed etc

I’m extremely excited about the coming weeks

I have long since blogged that better times are coming, I truly believe that

If you're saying it then I am believing it. Hopefully the good times are just round the corner. :D

If we were to go for Liverpool youngsters then Harry Wilson and Ben Woodburn would be the two I'd choose, so if we get any of those two I'll be delighted.

Don't know anything about Adam Lewis however.

If we were to go for Liverpool youngsters then Harry Wilson and Ben Woodburn would be the two I'd choose, so if we get any of those two I'll be delighted.

Don't know anything about Adam Lewis however.

Adam Lewis looks a standout, even better than Harry Wilson in my opinion, I suppose it depends on positions they play, but for a left sided winger, he looks like he has superb delivery and wide range of passing. This boy looks class

Adam Lewis looks a standout, even better than Harry Wilson in my opinion, I suppose it depends on positions they play, but for a left sided winger, he looks like he has superb delivery and wide range of passing. This boy looks class

He's an under 18 is he not? The linked article speculates about him maybe getting promoted to the under 23s. Nothing to get excited about there.

What about Allan McGregor, that seems to have gone very quiet?

I don't think I am ready for another summer transfer thread, Dorrans, Pena, Alves even the lengthy Jamie Walker threads last summer halted all work being done :oops:

%^*& it lets go! :D

Winger? I thought he was a left back.

Are all the names UK based mate or are there any abroad apart from skrtel?

Asked my colleague about Ferdi Kadioglu from NEC Nijmegen. He said a decent young player but not sure if he has what it takes to step up to that level, very young (18 so maybe too early to tell) if signed would certainly be one for the future.

One he did recommend though was Arnaut Groeneveld who plays wide, he's just turned 21 and has 11 goals and 16 assists from 28 games this season.

Sun reporting we are after Connor Goldson.

The article is from Devlin so there may be something in it. I wonder if he is one of the 7 mentioned earlier in the thread?

4Lads on Twitter...

“‘the biggest compliment I can give to Lucas is I turned up here and realised there’s a lot of talented players here with the ball - a big part of my job now moving forward is can I turn them into Lucas Leiva without the ball, if you like’

Interesting from Steven Gerrard....”

:eek:

I need to be careful because we were here last summer & I was wrong about the huge name

What I will say is that they sound good!

You also named 5 players and they all came to fruition.

If a player scores 19 penalties and misses one,
4Lads on Twitter...

“‘the biggest compliment I can give to Lucas is I turned up here and realised there’s a lot of talented players here with the ball - a big part of my job now moving forward is can I turn them into Lucas Leiva without the ball, if you like’

Surely no :D

4 lads with cryptic tweet about Gerrard being an admirer of Lucas Leiva. Cant see him leaving Lazio for us.

Surely not? Would be an incredible signing, but how do we tempt him away from Lazio exactly? Unless the Gerrard factor is enough to get him here...

4Lads on Twitter...

ooooft

4Lads on Twitter...

Is that quote about Rangers?

These are the threads that come around every six months that I love to hate. :)

Strange shout probably but mentioned to a pal last week that maybe Scotland would be the ideal place for Saido Berahino to pick up the pieces? By all accounts an absolute roaster but was only a few years ago there were rumours he was about to join Gerrard at Liverpool. Stoke will be desperate to get rid and could buy a former 20m player at 24-years-old while his stock is very low

Would cost £6/7m and wages of £60-80k p/w. No chance of Lucas, he’s been brilliant this year for Lazio.

More likely his fee is closer to £3m

That’s a great deal and if we can get it done shows that we mean business and that Gerrard knows where we are weakest that DM role has hurted us for years now for the cbs......;)

I would feckin love to sign players of the quality of Leiva but surely that would mean the exit door for a couple of our Current CM's such as Dorrans or Jack or the likes?

I would feckin love to sign players of the quality of Leiva but surely that would mean the exit door for a couple of our Current CM's such as Dorrans or Jack or the likes?
We need better than whats currently here mate.

Lucas Leiva would be an unreal signing.

Defoe I'm not so sure about... could see him doing us a turn and scoring us some vital goals for a season or two, but starting to get a little worried with the amount of over 30s we appear to be linked with currently.

Oooffft grenade dropped lol:eek::D

Or just chatting shite about a player on around 120-130k a week.

I know which one I believe.

Lucas Leiva signed for Lazio for 5 million in the summer and been one of their players of the season, very likely he’s coming right enough.

If we are interested in Leiva - what does it mean for Jack, McCrorie? On way out?
Definitely not, need to remember the tims have about 8 midfield players. We need good competitive squad depth.

Rossiter
Mccrorie
Jack
Dorrans
Docherty

That's the options we will have going into pre season for the centre of midfield, id say we need a couple more (that's assuming we see the back of Halliday and holt)

Despite Lucas' obvious quality, spending millions on someone into their 30s isn't something i'd be particularly comfortable with.

It’s a transfer thread for rumours, this rumour has been going for weeks

Should be in the OP!

Rumour from where? Your head.

You’re the one starting rumours.

Op, throw in Lewis cook and Ryan Fraser from Bournemouth as well please mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back