Summer Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched Lazio a few times this season and Lucas has been brilliant for them, he would be a fantastic signing and our biggest signing in years. Can't see it happening though as he would have to take a significant wage drop and Lazio would demand minimum 5 million to get their money back.

Simply will not happen!

Shawcross signed a new 4 year contract last year so unless there is some kind of relegation clause I can't see that one happening?

Why are people lumping Lucas Leiva in the same bracket as Skrtl, Defoe and Torres?

Those 3 are in the twilight years of their careers, Lucas only turned 31, 4 months ago, he is still in the peak of his career, writing him off or claiming he is too old is complete and utter garbage.

If we pulled off a signing of that calibre it would be utterly incredible.

Thats not to say the other 3 wouldn't be but they aren't comparable.

All of a sudden we are in for umpteen players costing £4m or £5m & earning £50k, £70k & even £120k a week?!?

Has Jim Ratcliffe revealed himself to be a bear looking to invest & I’ve missed it!?!?

More to the point if we sold Tav and Hodson leaves (Hopefully) then that means we need to sign 2 RB's.

Moses Odubajo anyone...

More to the point if we sold Tav and Hodson leaves (Hopefully) then that means we need to sign 2 RB's.

Moses Odubajo anyone...
Ryan Fredricks from Fulham is out of contract, not sure if that’d be realistic but would love us to try get him.

Matt Philips, James Morrison, Robert Snodgrass and James Collins are 4 names I've seen elsewhere today

Is it just me who doesn’t really want us to have a team of over 30s??

I mean I understand a player is at his peak between 29-32 but I wanna sign players approaching their peak so if someone bids funny money we can sell and reinvest, if they don’t well we still have them for 3/4 years.

The one prediction I will make is that this transfer thread will at one stage break the internet and that ID10 will be right at the centre of it all
I hear the hamster has been working out. If it can survive the Gerrard Express, it can survive anything.

Matt Philips, James Morrison, Robert Snodgrass and James Collins are 4 names I've seen elsewhere today
nvrmnd.gif

Is it just me who doesn’t really want us to have a team of over 30s??

I mean I understand a player is at his peak between 29-32 but I wanna sign players approaching their peak so if someone bids funny money we can sell and reinvest, if they don’t well we still have them for 3/4 years.
I’m the same but having a team with younger than 25 year olds supplemented with older players like Skrtel and Lucas would be ideal imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back