Match Thread TSG Hoffenheim v Rangers - 14:30 Saturday - RangersTV

What is it with this playing the ball out from left back, getting closed down, lose the ball and the opposition have a free shot on goal. Its happening over and over again.

Yes. That and some truly terrible centre half displays behind him last season, leaving Jack horrendously exposed.

I can even live with one full back disappearing upfield and Jack and others having to cover for that, but I will, for the life of me, never get my head round the constant sniping at Ryan Jack.

He’s an excellent footballer and that is why manager after manager keep picking him, including Steve the Alky for Scotland.
Absolutely. He’s a cracking player. And does a great job of reading the game, particularly where to be when we break.

Just remembering that Beale was telling us the Olympiacos game was the last one where we'd see lots of rotation. Many subs we had today?

We will be fine with Goldson back and Trusty next to him just not coming quick enough though for the game against Servette/Genk. Sterling will play alot more than we think either for Tav or the shambles on the left side.

Roofe and Hagi have done well since they came on.

Is absurd how much we’ve spent and we have Borna and Lundstram at centre half. 12 months ago we had to revert to Sands and King because our first 4 centre halves were out - swapping Helander for Balogun hasn’t made us more reliable.

We look like a team that has spent all pre season running and trying out 540 different formations

Resulting in a team that cannot combine 3 passes and look all over the place , concerning but hopefully pays off as the season progresses

Just remembering that Beale was telling us the Olympiacos game was the last one where we'd see lots of rotation. Many subs we had today?
I think his hand has been forced with quite a few looking badly fatigued.

I reckon most of the hard fitness work will now have been done, with it tapering off next week so the players are at peak fitness when the real stuff starts next week

Let’s be honest, neither were meant to.

It just turned out that way because the way the games panned out.

Both games he’s played what he thought was his best 11 he could at that time. Both times we were honking so had to make lots of changes.

Back