Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Davies ends up staying he will be laughing his head off win win situation for him not for us why the %^*& didn't we try and offload him weeks ago we knew the rumours and noise surrounding him yet we did nothing to try and facilitate a potential move.

This is typical us last hours of the window we badly need a CB and predictably we can't shift Davies because we've left it too late.

With outgoings this window the indecision to offload players has been infuriating yeah we need bids and buyers fair enough but not enough has been done imo to trim the squad this summer and we are short in at least 1 or 2 areas despite breaking even for the window.

Reading this post has made me wish I was blind. Do you understand the concept of punctuation?

I always found 6 cans to be the safe limit. Possibly can even stretch it to 8. But certainly every can after that has an exponential effect. 12+ is bed pishing territory.
I strongly suspected we'd do no business. After missing the CL spending more money was always going to be a tall order.
Get another twelve cans in and sleep in the bath.

One drives the other though. The amount we can spend comes largely from the player trading model, so Beale's budget comes from selling players.
Whilst that’s very true, how would Beale know his budget if it was tied to outgoings? Whilst you can forecast , and budget for that, it’s not an exact.

As I say, he’d be better served keeping these things in house

The manager is on record today as saying we were far down the line towards signing a LCB a month ago but lost out to an EPL team. That begs the question as to why we never had a back up? And if we were so close to signing a CB a month ago without shipping someone out first, why are we now seemingly reliant on Davies leaving first?
Because a month ago we would have had a month to move someone (Davies) on.

Now we would risk adding an extra wage and have to accept a poor loan offer such as that offered by Stoke.

What if the manager simply doesn't want Harry Souttar? What if he's got enough right footed CH and doesn't want another one?
There’s been far too much noise around Harry Souttar for it not to be true. All the fan media reported we wanted him and Souttar wanted to come. If the manager didn’t want him it would’ve been shut down ages ago.

With outgoings this window the indecision to offload players has been infuriating yeah we need bids and buyers fair enough but not enough has been done imo to trim the squad this summer and we are short in at least 1 or 2 areas despite breaking even for the window.

Between sales, out of contract players and others going out on loan we've trimmed at least 10 players from the squad, not including the likes of Williamson or McPake.

It's not always as easy as it sounds when players are under contract.

They don’t play because they aren’t good enough. They end up leaving and playing at a far lower level than Rangers and the players that are good enough get snapped up early from teams down South.

Who have we released or not given a chance to that has went on to be a top player?
Has McPake has a solid run of 15-20 games I'm the first team?

Because a month ago we would have had a month to move someone (Davies) on.

Now we would risk adding an extra wage and have to accept a poor loan offer such as that offered by Stoke.
You’re saying that as if things have been static from that point until deadline day. Trusty signed for Sheffield Utd weeks ago. Beale worded things as if we were on the verge of signing him (or whoever the LCB was he was referring to today). We should have had a back-up to move onto immediately.

You’re saying that as if things have been static from that point until deadline day. Trusty signed for Sheffield Utd weeks ago. Beale worded things as if we were on the verge of signing him (or whoever the LCB was he was referring to today). We should have had a back-up to move onto immediately.
Maybe we did.

Whilst that’s very true, how would Beale know his budget if it was tied to outgoings? Whilst you can forecast , and budget for that, it’s not an exact.

As I say, he’d be better served keeping these things in house

I think he would have a good idea of his budget, the quote you mentioned was from April, so he must have had an indication of the amount he'd have to spend even then.

Although it dragged out, I think he would have known that Kamara would be sold and so would Colak. The only other sale was Sakala which I don't think was anticipated and probably helped with the net spend, but I don't think the net spend affected the total spend.

Name me 1 player that we have released that’s went on to prove us wrong.
Huge tin hat on with this but Barry Robson made a career after release

(I played against him regularly up here in Aberdeen leagues, was a bear btw back then as well as on our books)

What a strange comment to make
I thought I was replying to a comment that he was drunk.
Robert has been sober for many a year.
Quite a hard task when running anything in Hospitality.
The big guy has a sense of humour, sometimes it's lost on here with the usual posters jumping on.
Would you prefer the old incarnation of the The Stadium bar?
Businessman makes money shock horror.

Robert has a sense of humour that's missed upon many on here.
I've not read his posts so hence the post.
Good guy.
Weird sense of humour at times

That's cool, I'm not trying to be offended on Robert's behalf or anything, I'm sure he doesn't need me for that. It just read a bit strange to me.

A number of clubs in the Scottish Premiership have done a lot of work this summer;

Aberdeen, 13.
Celtic, 10.
Kilmarnock, 10.
Hibs, 9.
Ross County, 9.
Motherwell, 9.
Hearts, 7.
St. Mirren, 7.

The big guy has a sense of humour, sometimes it's lost on here with the usual posters jumping on.

going by your last 3 posts, are you drunk? :))

From Beales press conference today, sounds like he's going to be looking for a defender in January. Said he feels we have enough to see us through, until the next transfer window.

It won’t go down well but it probably makes sense to look at it again in Jan.

I don’t imagine integrating the number of players we have already is particularly easy

I know the chat veers right off topic in this transfer thread at the best of times but I was not expecting to be reading about Robert Marshall's drinking habits (or lack of) in the last hour of the transfer window :)

Ach up early for wee mans game he’s in for a tough day in goals against a good team.

Night all please surprise me in a few hours :/

That's cool, I'm not trying to be offended on Robert's behalf or anything, I'm sure he doesn't need me for that. It just read a bit strange to me.
Sorry mate I just saw the usual pile on and read it in wrong context, I've not saw earlier posts in fairness.
I'll comment in a thread in the lounge in a bit for context.
Just back from a date.

What?

No I wouldn’t prefer the old stadium bar but what were those strange sentences at the start of your post suggesting he may be an alcoholic?!

We won't be playing any team of that quality other than maybe Betis between now and January.

The game on Wednesday is really warping people's perception of how our teams quality levels measure up compared to our domestic opposition.
We have been defensively suspect all season it just took Wednesday to pay it all out in the open, everytime teams attack or get a set piece we struggle to just clear our lines and Dessers doesn’t help with good power headers like Morelos did and is more of a defensive liability in there, not saying we should’ve kept Morelos just stating a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back