MOTM Poll Rangers v Real Betis - 20:00 Thursday - TNT Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Big risk to start Roofe twice in a week.
I wouldn't say so, he mentioned his surgery was successful and based on what we've seen he is improving.

Pre-surgery he'd have already been back on the treatment table with the game time he's already had.

Expectations are low on the one hand but hope springs eternal on the other. The players also have to have confidence in their manager in order to perform well. If they don't perceive a clear strategy drawing on each players personal strengths then we start hamstrung each game.

Let’s see something a bit different tonight, Rangers.

Butland
Souttar Goldson Davies
Tav Cifuentes Jack Lawrence Matondo
Roofe Sima

Something like that, see if it works. Can’t be any worse than what we’ve watched this season to date.

No idea what to expect tonight, I'm always optimistic of a win, but i'm not buzzing like I have been previous games.

2-1 to us. Tav to add another to his tally.

not in the least bit confident

Our ball retention is in the absolute shits.

The likes of Kamara, Arbio, Kent, Morelos and Davis could in their own ways, keep, pass, hold the ball, retain the ball and get us out and up the park all day when Beale was last part of the coaching team to implement any tactical plan

We now have a team of players who really aren't reliable on the ball, we will give Betis a lot of the ball, and they won't be in a rush to give it back

Is there anywhere to watch this via VPN? Was hoping Live Score were showing the games but must only be CL games!

I usually go to European games to enjoy the experience with a carefree feeling. Tonight for the first time ever I have a real feeling of dread and I am not looking forward to the match.

Hopefully afterwards I am getting pelters for being a drama Queen.

Come on Rangers!!!!

Wouldn't dream of trying to second guess MB.I've never guessed a team correctly this season.You would think with the injuries we have it would be easier but I don't think it is.
What I don't want to see is Jack and Lundstram starting.

Interesting game and I’m not sure how it will ply out so for the first time in a long time I won’t be gambling on us at all.

I'd be very surprised if we start only one of Jack or Lundstram tonight given the level of opposition and injury issues.

I don't think both starting is a poor call in the circumstances. Were Raskin and/or Cantwell available I'd feel differently.

My team tonight would be

Butland
Tavernier Goldson Davies Barasic
Cifuentes Lundstram
Lawrence
Sima Roofe Matondo

With Betis being an attacking team I can us having joy with pace on both wings and roofe (best finisher we have at the moment ) ready to bury any half chances
That's the team I was going to post, Cifu right and Lawrence left and Lundstram the more defensive central.
Keep Sima and Matondo wide with the two slightly narrower behind to protect the middle and be ready to support the wide men and Roofe.

I think Jack, Lundstram and cifuentes will all start. Possibly Lawrence playing in behind Dessers and sima. Not much width but we need numbers in midfield so that we aren’t overrun

Not sure if serious, but if so:
1. What's he doing, shopping there?
2. He always looks glum, even after he scores!
I’m joking of course but…

1. Yes, I often see him in there and he sees me seeing him.

2. Indeed but I’ll happily take his sour kisser on display after scoring the winner tonight.

Butland

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Borna

Lundstram

Sima
Cifuentes
Jack
Matondo

Roofe

4-1-4-1 / 4-4-2 / 3-5-2 or whatever the %^*& we’ve been trying to do last few big games

It's galling that we're going into a European group stage match in 2023 with the very real possibility of Jack and Lundstram starting in midfield along with the 2018 defence (well 3/4s of it).

But it is what it is I suppose.

Back