MOTM Poll Rangers v Real Betis - 20:00 Thursday - TNT Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Almost as if when we stop bypassing the midfield with aimless high balls forward and get the ball on the deck and play we’re a better team. Who’d have thought it
I think the first half hour plan must have been to go long every time. I was going nuts, we just kept giving the ball away.
The change when it happened was as obvious as it was necessary (and late)

Tav lost possession 28 times according to SofaScore, far more times than any other player, Borna was the next highest losing possession 16 times.
Because both supply the crosses and take free kicks. Both of these are different than normal passing during a game. Both result in much less chance of completing a ‘pass’.

Good result after a shaky first half.

They say, "win your home games", and we just won the toughest, so its an ideal start.

Hopefully it'll also put some pressure on Betis to win their next tie

WATP!!!

Great result, beating a Spanish team to get off the mark is tremendous, worth remembering that Gio came into 2 losses!!

Just in, one happy bear tonight. The first 35 minutes was a difficult watch, however, I thought we played very well from 35 onwards. We are a far better team when we get in teams faces.

A very gutsy performance and hopefully this will give us confidence and something to build on.

Fair play to the manager and players after the criticism they have taken this last few weeks. Keep it going.

I was also at game.It was a hard fought contest and we have just beaten a very good team.
Relax and enjoy the 3 points, we deserved them.
"Happy with the result"

Dont see a genuine improvement in game plan really. It doesnt matter how you win as long as you get 3 points, My gripe is that this team has yet to give me the belief that they can flatter some weeks and grind others.

Also not to hasty and think its early doors but at same time i am looking for some sort of spine to appear. We dont have one.......Yet.

Didn't expect much tonight but thought Beale got it spot on tonight, he finally realised can play with width, Davies and Goldson were excellent at the back and he got his subs bang on.

Just keep it going now, well done Rangers! Hearing the du du du du Glasgow Rangers when went a goal up was brilliant as well, hopefully some light at the end of the tunnel, await tomorrows press conference and news on Lawrence

"Happy with the result"

Dont see a genuine improvement in game plan really. It doesnt matter how you win as long as you get 3 points, My gripe is that this team has yet to give me the belief that they can flatter some weeks and grind others.

Also not to hasty and think its early doors but at same time i am looking for some sort of spine to appear. We dont have one.......Yet.
"It doesn't matter as long as you get 3 points"
You say.
Yet here you are running the team down.
You don't sound happy.
The team showed a spine imo and you could hear the roar from the crowd when they pressed and fought.
"Happy with the result" against a Spanish team, 3 points too right I am .
Enjoy the misery I'll enjoy 3 points.

I think the overwhelming negativity on every thread has just chased off the more optimistic, positive, objective, reasonable or even just negative with a hint of constructive criticism posters on here.

This is the first time I've even logged into the Bear Pit in about a week when I used to spend hours every day on here and it was still depressingly poisonous even when we were winning tonight.

I don't doubt these posters are Rangers fans but they aren't supporters.
There is no doubt in my mind that there are deep seated Timposters on here that predominantly post when the pressure is on.
And then there are just some miserable cvnts that would Rob the joy out of the happiest Jhari Khrisna conga.

You say.
You don't sound happy.
The team showed a spine imo and you could hear the roar from the crowd when they pressed and fought.

Its brutal at times, that guy going home not happy tonight, pathetic and he's not alone!!

There is no doubt in my mind that there are deep seated Timposters on here that predominantly post when the pressure is on.
And then there are just some miserable cvnts that would Rob the joy out of the happiest Jhari Khrisna conga.

Sadly I know a Rangers fan that is as miserable as your description, they suck the life out of you!!

Tonight's match thread is horrendous, the first half in particular, our goal ruined a few!

Much better last 10 mins 1st half and dominated the 2nd half. Well played Lundstram, my MOTM.
The Betis chances all came from Lundstram giving the ball away. His first touch was atrocious. The game changed when Lawrence started getting more of the ball and making chances, that pushed Betis back and we took over the midfield. Matondo and Sima helped by having width but we really need to get better wingers. Roofe for me was MOTM

You say.
You don't sound happy.
Passive digs are petty buddy.

Entitled to my opinion as are you, Maybe i should make out your a miserabe shit since i disagree?

Just saying........

Sadly I know a Rangers fan that is as miserable as your description, they suck the life out of you!!

Tonight's match thread is horrendous, the first half in particular, our goal ruined a few!
Cut ties with one very much the same; shouting and screaming after we`d beaten St Johnstone under SG. Like the majority, I didn`t think we had that result last night in us; this morning I`ll happily eat my words. The history books will not show papered cracks or poor form; it shows a Rangers victory.
Enjoy it, people.

Its nice to feel good about Rangers again.

I hope the players channel it and take it into the weekend.

Performance in the first 30mins be damned, that was a superb result.

The use of the ball from our full backs was terrible in the first half. Constantly giving straight passes to winger ahead of them with a full behind them. Worst and most pointless passes ever.

Huge improvement second half. Between Goldson, Davies, Lundstram and Cifuentes they took responsibility in second half and we played so much better. Davies ability to pass through a line and get the ball to Roofe and Lawrence changed the game. As did other 3 mentioned being more composed and turning down east pass to full back constantly.

Close between Davies and Lundstram for MotM for me, but gave it to Davies, thought he was excellent.

got to be happy with that, opening our section with a win is always helpful, and playing against a decent well drilled Spanish side, of course if we want to be critical, then there was things that weren't good from us, but for an hour we were composed, we competed,we had belief and we got the job done, a very good evening all told

Much better last 10 mins 1st half and dominated the 2nd half. Well played Lundstram, my MOTM.
To be fair any of Butland, Davies or Lundstram could have been given motm as they were all excellent.
Goldson, Barisic, Roofe and Matondo all did their bit as well even though the latter can be frustrating at times.

Tav although not terrible, was still nowhere near the level he is capable of though - and that's one of his better displays this season. Sima disappointing again. Lawrence struggled with two games in quick succession and probably wouldn't have started if it weren't for injuries.
Cifuentes not impressing yet at all either.

Still, fantastic result and against Spanish teams quite rare for us in my lifetime at least.

Well, it's the morning after the night before and to be honest I'm still buzzing. (Orange Bees will do that)

There were still weaknesses last night but overall the team and substitutes get a free pass. But only if this is the kick start to the season. No more 'time-to-gel excuses.

My personal highlights? The pass early doors from Roofe to Matondo shows he can be worth his weight in Statutory Sick Pay IF he keeps delivering. There's no use in the class shown last night if he doesn't help carve open the latest domestic hatchet men this weekend.

Davies and Goldson looked like a partnership, although ironically, it was Davies poor pass that resulted in a poor/heavy touch from Lundstram in the first place that led to him making a saving tackle in the seond half.

Lammers. looked like the player we think he can be when he came on. Again there is no excuse for him not kicking on now.

Matondo? We either have to live with his foibles or not. His pace wreaks havoc, even with the best of defences on his good days, and can be a horror show on the bad ones.

The goal? That's possibly the first time I've seen two Rangers players wanting and eager to score from the scraps since the follow up from Wallace and Dodds in the 2000 SC final from Albertz's howitzer.

Thank you Rangers for last night. But i suspect the two games we really need to get down and dirty in. involve Prague. That's where our involvement will live or die.

Are coloured players allowed to wear mufflers?

Great win against a tough opponent but this place still isn't happy. Sure there are things we need to improve on but a clean sheet, 3 points and a number of good performances will do just fine for me. Fingers crossed Lawrence was just a precautionary substitution.

I've been on the fence about Butland but last night has swayed me in favour of him. He had a McGregor like confidence about him.
Our passing is non existent. Long ball play that makes you wonder what they do in training.
My biggest concern though is that we don't pose any threat in front of goal. I haven't seen the stats yet, but we couldn't have much on target.
Moaning aside, we got 3 points but we need to improve, in all areas.

I thought the early performance lacked confidence in each other - but they picked up.

Our poor start could also be put down to an opponent with a wise old tactically aware manager? If that's the case then well done all for working things out at half time.

Concerned that our stand out performers were in a defensive role - but on that, we could turn it into a positive by saying we weathered the storm and came though with the win.

We lacked creativity for most of the match. But given our injuries that's understandable.

Three points, some more money in the bank. Onwards we go.

Delighted with the win, but have to admit, with the exception of Butland and Cantwell I couldn't shake off the thought that we have bought, in the main, other teams duffers.Yes we improved in the second half, but this team is nowhere near that of previous Rangers teams and sadly it shows.

Having said that, I think there's a player in Matondo, but the final product needs to improve.

Back