• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
65yhKTv.png

THIS GAME IS NOT AVAILABLE ON RANGERSTV WORLDWIDE

DISCUSSION OF ILLEGAL STREAMS WILL RESULT IN A BAN

Fingers crossed we go out there and treat them with zero respect, a la Leipzig. In their faces and make them work for it

Although I suspect Beale will set us up to play like a team trying to hang onto a lead in the last five minutes.

us being us, anything at all is possible tomorrow.

We could beat Betis and then crash and burn in the next two games in Cyprus and Prague. We do seem to enjoy a roller-coaster ride in Europe.

I fancied a 1-1 draw, but have since heard that Fekir & Carvalho can’t play so I’m optimistic of a win for us.

I’d start Sima and Matondo as wingers, with Lawrence behind Roofe. However, that would leave us with no pace option from the bench and I doubt we’ll line up like that anyway.

I fancied a 1-1 draw, but have since heard that Fekir & Carvalho can’t play so I’m optimistic of a win for us.

I’d start Sima and Matondo as wingers, with Lawrence behind Roofe. However, that would leave us with no pace option from the bench and I doubt we’ll line up like that anyway.
Why cant they 2 not play?

Good news.

Butland

Tav Goldson Souttar Borna

Lundstrun Cifu Lawrence

Sima Matondo

Dessers

That's as good as I can muster up... Cifu needs to step up, we are really light in the middle.

God knows what to expect to be honest.

A point wouldn't be a bad way to start the group against (theoretically) the strongest side.

Not yet fully up for this though, which is a bit of a sad indictment of where we are atm. :confused:

It’ll be interesting to see how Beale approaches this.

Could the injuries lend itself to 3 at the back?

Something like:

Butland

Goldson Souttar Davies

Tav Jack Lundstram Lawrence Barisic

Lammers Sima
I can’t see it at all, I think the back 5 pretty much pick themselves.

Midfield will probably be Jack or Lundstram, Cifu and Lawerence, with Dessers, Matondo and Sima or Lammers up front

Both sides missing key players. I can see us holding out for a draw but it'll take big performances all over the park.
None of the customary brain farts

Dear Mr Beale,
I would like to see a lot of passion, some
flair, and three points.
Hope I'm not asking for too much.

Really hard to dig up some optimism at the moment
No Cantwell is a big blow and Danilo finds the net then gets injured

Butland

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Barisic

Jack
Cifuentes
Lawrence

Sima
Roofe
Matondo

Let's have a go at them Rangers. It's not where we want to be but it's an opportunity to show we're not just cannon fodder in Europe. Let's get a bit of feel good around the place and start building a wee run of results to get the pressure on those dogs across the city and even get out of this Europa group.

2-1 to the Good Guys!

Haven’t a clue what to expect. Could be any score/result. Neither teams on form, both sides with a number of injuries. Betis have only played 5 games this season.

A positive approach and take the game to them.

Butland

Tavernier
Goldson
Davies
Barisic

Lundstram
Cifuentes
Lawrence

Sima
Roofe
Matondo
I think that’s maybe how we go as well - though I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dessers start ahead of one of the front 3 you list. Sima and Matondo off the bench last weekend offered a bit more than Roofe, who struggled to get involved I thought.

Looks like a tough one, to be honest. I'd love us to win of course but I'd take a point.

Going to take a really big performance to get a result tomorrow night, probably our best performance of the season so far.

As much as I'm aghast at the manager still here, raring for tomorrow night. Us in the stands play a massive part, especially when not in form. Realistically we belong here, and Betis are a historic club so take it for what it is.

We should always be looking for full points at home. I think we will beat them even though we have been playing lousy.
No Jack or Lundstram for me if we are to move forward.

Edit, just listened to MB and didn't realise Raskin is out. So back to this constant injury problems that has dogged us for years.

Last edited:
Back