MOTM Poll Rangers v Real Betis - 20:00 Thursday - TNT Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First 25/30 minutes I thought its going to be along torturous night but we settled into the game and where the better team aside from a nervy five or ten minutes toward the end.
Delighted with the result and over all performance and of course Butlands great saves.
Man of the match for me.

Spanish team with two WC winners and a 5 time CL winner in their starting 11.

We were shite for half an hour but showed fight and some good signs for the other hour.

Not a great game but I’ll take it. 3 points
Good summary mate.It was hard going at times but we dug in and played some positive stuff.
It's great to have the 3 points and that's the main thing.

I think the overwhelming negativity on every thread has just chased off the more optimistic, positive, objective, reasonable or even just negative with a hint of constructive criticism posters on here.

This is the first time I've even logged into the Bear Pit in about a week when I used to spend hours every day on here and it was still depressingly poisonous even when we were winning tonight.

I don't doubt these posters are Rangers fans but they aren't supporters.
I do doubt that some of them are Rangers fans. Very much really.

If they are then they want to chuck it.

I think the overwhelming negativity on every thread has just chased off the more optimistic, positive, objective, reasonable or even just negative with a hint of constructive criticism posters on here.

This is the first time I've even logged into the Bear Pit in about a week when I used to spend hours every day on here and it was still depressingly poisonous even when we were winning tonight.

I don't doubt these posters are Rangers fans but they aren't supporters.
Well said

For me I thought Matondo was excellent. You could see the fear in the face of their back as he knew he could never catch him. IF Matondo can get his act together when shooting he will do a lot of damage to any opposition.
We need a hard tackler midfielder to stop runners moving forward and looking at the stats our fullbacks are in for a hard time in this competition. Borna good going forward but runs away from wingers into our area which creates problems and Tav is out of postion and cant stop crosses.
Up front we were unlucky not to score more with one hitting the bar and another the post and their keeper making a decent save along with another six inches in the box and we would have had a penalty plus another penalty for a jersey pull.
Long way to go but three points is fantastic against a good team.

Amazing the difference when we actually go toe to toe with an opponent instead of just sitting off them and letting them play around us, like we did with psv and the tims. Not a classic by any means, but shoots of recovery. Shocked a little by the Lundstram love tonight. Thought he made a few really bad mistakes that were lucky not to be punished.

Went for Goldson Motm, but would have gone for Lundstram if he’d cut out some of his footering about.

He went from exceptional to rank on a few occasions.

I don’t get the negativity unless it’s timposters trying to be smart.

This was a good team we were playing with an excellent coach. They are regularly in the top end of La Liga and went unbeaten in this competition until losing to Man Utd in the last 16 last year… ergo no fcuking mugs.
To be honest I honestly thought we were terrible in the first half.

Betis were luckily not much better or we'd have been punished imo. But second half was much improved and we fully deserved that.

The contrast between that insipid first half hour and the battling energetic second half was as marked as you’ll ever see. Our best half of football since Leipzig.

Lawrence & Lundstram were absolutely class. Still not back home from the game but fk it

Hope she dumped a load in her knickers with the disappointment.
I'm not sure which one is worse, that wee hoor or the other bint in the main studio talking about Ike Athens. The sink is calling the both of them, there are dishes needing done.

Great result and a very good performance, although we did take a bit of time to get going. Lundstram was noticeably more on the front foot than he has been of late, and it really worked. I'm thinking that comes from Michael Beale. We really need to get behind the team and the manager. All to play for at this stage of the season.

On train home. Delighted with the result and second half we were much better and they looked utterly rattled.

We still lack the clinical quality up front, but we never really looked like losing the lead once we had it and for the pressure they tried to apply I thought we were very composed at the back and had good energy levels.

Thoroughly deserved the win.

Only caught the second half but, a tricky few minutes aside, didn’t think we were too bad. Would gladly have taken win and an ok performance before KO. Hoping to feck Lawrence’s injury is only a knock as he was looking very dangerous.

Butland MOTM for me, followed by Lundstram. The 'keeper gives me confidence I've not had since McGregor of 2/3 seasons ago.

If Matondo had a footballing brain he's be dynamite. One one occasion he could have squared to Roofe for a clear shot at goal but made a mess of it. Another he could have played in someone else (I forget who).

First half of this thread is shameful, you'd be forgiven for thinking we were losing and out of it if clocking in at HT.

I've no doubt a lot of 1st half posters are gutted.

Yep, think we have to be fair. The boy has taken some pelters recently but he was very good when he came on. Think MB got the subs right tonight.
Lammers did well I think the European game is better suited for Him he will figure out our hammer throwers in the spl and tear them to bits in time. Great result tonight after a start that had me worried but the team came through it and fought hard for the win. Voted for Butland Goldson ran him close he had a great game

Amazing the difference when we actually go toe to toe with an opponent instead of just sitting off them and letting them play around us, like we did with psv and the tims. Not a classic by any means, but shoots of recovery. Shocked a little by the Lundstram love tonight. Thought he made a few really bad mistakes that were lucky not to be punished.
That happens. He played well.

Just in from the game,the first 30 mins I thought we would get beat but fair play second half what an improvement, they have taken stick alot so far this season but tonight we'll done a excellent 3 points.

Just back from the game so can't comment on the matchday thread but just reading the last two pages, it looks like it was, as usual, full of manic depressives!
In the first half, apart from Matondo's clear chance in the first few minutes we weren't really at the races but our second half performance certainly justified our win.
For me MOTM was a toss up between Butland and Lundstram.
Apart from two badly misplaced passes that could have cost us dearly, Big John had a great game so he's just edged it for me.

Not too sure how we won that but certainly a much better second half. Huge result. Can we kick on from that and get on a run ?

Struggled to get going without them really threatening
matondo chance a big miss

Last 10 mins of first half and most of the second we were the better side and merited a win

Overall pleased with the players
davies looked terrific given the criticism hes had
Cifuentes settled into being a calm, assured performance with some fantastic passes

Matondo ripped bellarin to shreds
If tom lawrence pings 2 chances earlier hes scoring both

Sima struggled but them pops up at the goal
Roofe ran them ragged

Lundstram excellent one min (turning Isco for example) then slack the next
A few were like that such as Jack when he came on, great tackles then nearly gifts one

Given that we were missing arguably our 3 best players on paper - a fantastic result

Great start to our campaign.off to a flyer as they say.
Poor first 30 but got about them before the break and the better team 2nd half .
Overall,our passing and ball retention is needing serious attention but not a night for negatives .
Butland was excellent, as was Lundstram for the most part.
Davis and Borna did very little wrong all night and Rooooofe should no doubt be our first choice c/f .

BBC sport give every Betis player a higher score than Rangers highest player (Lammers 5.8) gets.
There lowest is 5.95 and highest 9.01.
How did we manage to win ffs.

Android, I'm going to give you some serious advice. As someone who depends on the match thread for the game, it's too late for me, but I beg you to not be lured in ever again.

I appreciate your concern but I’ll not be putting myself through that again :)

Work circumstances dictated that I was on a train with pish WiFi so could not stream the game.

Normally, I’d be at the game.

I do, however, feel sorry for you having to torment yourself with that nonsense every week :)

Back