MOTM Poll Rangers v Real Betis - 20:00 Thursday - TNT Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On Paper our hardest opponent and home game. 3 points, back it up in the next 3 games and some more improvement ( passing first half was dreadful) and let’s see where we are!

Will admit I wasn’t too confident about tonight. Voted for Butland as man of the match, but whole team deserves credit tonight. Great performance and hopefully builds the confidence to take that into our domestic game.

Great second half. Hopefully we push on from this as there are players in some of the new signings. We were stronger when we harassed them more.
Downside is I stay in the sticks, no street lights and I have a very large glenmorangie by my side, sitting in the garden and the sky is clear as feck.
Might bring the bottle out.
Can’t beat that

@Three-in-seven

45/49 pass completion, or 90%

I thought he was good tonight. Up against the quality of someone like Isco he really drove us on.

Sofascore App very good for stuff like this gents.

Tav lost possession 28 times according to SofaScore, far more times than any other player, Borna was the next highest losing possession 16 times.

Was reasonably pleased at HT, pretty even half against a decent team with a good last 10 mins. Came on the match thread and couldn't believe the negativity being spouted.

Really pleased for the team, they've had a lot of criticism of late but thoroughly deserved the win tonight. Barasic had a hard shift tonight and done well, Matondo nowhere near as bad as made out, thought Lammers was great when he came on.

Good to be a Bear tonight:D

This has been a fine performance in Europe. All that's missing is a goal.

This thread is absolutely barking of Timothy
I think the overwhelming negativity on every thread has just chased off the more optimistic, positive, objective, reasonable or even just negative with a hint of constructive criticism posters on here.

This is the first time I've even logged into the Bear Pit in about a week when I used to spend hours every day on here and it was still depressingly poisonous even when we were winning tonight.

I don't doubt these posters are Rangers fans but they aren't supporters.

Tav lost possession 28 times according to SofaScore, far more times than any other player, Borna was the next highest losing possession 16 times.

That will be because they take set pieces and corners mate. If a defender heads it away, it goes down as lost possession.

Dog shit first half but we grew into it as Betis conveniently smouldered out. With our form as it is we just needed to win in any way possible. Butland proving to be a massive signing already.

Real bipolar game, one minute we looked like we’d just met the next it was slick fast attacks.
I’d take a 1-0 in every game if it guaranteed the points and pounds.
There’s still a huge amount of work to be done but it’s small glimmers of hope.

Butland is our only world class player and tonight he showed again why.

We could see funny money bids in January if he keeps this up.

Great second half, our passing improved and the team put a shift in. We're better playing on the front foot than sitting back, I hope this shows Beale we can be braver in these types of games.

First time I’ve ‘watched’ a match via a game thread and my god it was brutal.

Some of the comments from some would have you thinking you weren’t on a RFC forum.

I’ll not be rushing to be repeating that experience again :)
Android, I'm going to give you some serious advice. As someone who depends on the match thread for the game, it's too late for me, but I beg you to not be lured in ever again.

Good result tonight, rode our luck at times.

We need to cut out the slack passing, there was far too many times we were putting ourselves under pressure. Our own worst enemy at times.

Ibrox played its part tonight. Before kick off this was a team who expected to coast the group and go into the late stages of the tournament. Tonight will give them something to think about.
Hahaha they’re anchored to the bottom of the league. Deserved for their colours alone.

Back